REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The NFL Network is gonna look real bad on this one if the deal doesn't go thru, cause their website is saying it is basically done.

Again, we shall see.

Will they? I think that's a bit of an overreaction.  I never watch the NFL network, but getting the ab trade wrong won't mean much at all. People who watch that crap always will. Their programming has been awful since its inception and people still don't think they look bad.

5 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Will they? I think that's a bit of an overreaction.  I never watch the NFL network, but getting the ab trade wrong won't mean much at all. People who watch that crap always will. Their programming has been awful since its inception and people still don't think they look bad.

You can't just throw something out there if it isn't real..............

doesn't matter if you think the NFL Network is awful or not (I don't watch that network much at all wither).

12 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The NFL Network is gonna look real bad on this one if the deal doesn't go thru, cause their website is saying it is basically done.

Again, we shall see.

Especially when espn never reported it.

I just woke up to see a message from my brother telling me about this. Thought to myself, "So much for our smart GM and coach." I don't want AB. He's a crazy af me first primadonna WR. Crazy af being his biggest problem. If we were to give away some high draft picks for him I'd be pissed. Hope this doesn't happen and Schefter is right. 

Edited by H2o
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, iinii said:

Yes but you alluded to having a problem with alcohol which you seem to implying was the problem with the Devil’s lettuce. Pot/kettle....

Never said I had a problem, just that it wasn't doing me any favors, i.e. raising my blood sugar into pre-diabetic territory. Quit drinking = lost 30 lbs and have normal A1C as well. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

GR550  @ 6 am will be interesting.  The cost for the trade would be too high considering his pay and attitude  jmo 

I wish some of us would wait and see what happens before we react.

I guess that's too much to ask for in today's Information Age.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

GR550  @ 6 am will be interesting.  The cost for the trade would be too high considering his pay and attitude  jmo 

It least it will be a distraction from another Sabres choke job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

I just woke up to see a message from my brother telling me about this. Thought to myself, "So much for our smart GM and coach." I don't want AB. He's a crazy af me first primadonna WR. Crazy af being his biggest problem. If we were to give away some high draft picks for him I'd be pissed. Hope this doesn't happen and Schefter is right. 

All true and if this is wrong (and it looks more and more that it might be) rapoport is gonna have to make a major mea culpa. Not to mention nfl.com itself.

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

You can't just throw something out there if it isn't real..............

doesn't matter if you think the NFL Network is awful or not (I don't watch that network much at all wither).

I guess you're right. I personally don't put much stock in sports reporting. They're all being manipulated by agents, teams for their own gain, and subject to their own bias. I suppose all media is like this to an extent, I guess I just don't care because in the grand scheme of things it's just entertainment. When it happens in sport only a clown like Jeremy White gets worked up over it. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

All true and if this is wrong (and it looks more and more that it might be) rapoport is gonna have to make a major mea culpa. Not to mention nfl.com itself.

These guys get stuff wrong all the time. They'll just say talks broke down and move on. 

NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah adds to the discussion, saying that he can see the trade between the Bills and Steelers involving either a future pick or the swapping of first round picks in this year's NFL Draft.

If the Bills and Steelers swapped picks, Pittsburgh would move up to the No. 9 slot and Buffalo would select 20th overall.

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/report-bills-closing-acquiring-antonio-brown

That would not be as steep a price as I thought.  hmmm