How can we not be all in on Metcalf now?

Need him to be there at 9 to be all in on him. As this franchise has seen before, you simply

do not trade up for a WR. Good WR class so missing on Metcalf isn’t the end of the world. He also had some troubling shuttle numbers. Straight line speed can only help a WR so much. I would certainly consider taking him at 9 for the upside, but it’s far from a slam dunk decision. 

• Like (+1) 6

I'm all in...he would make a perfect match with Josh Allen.

He has the speed for Allen's arm, and he has the catch radius for Allen's arm.

I would take DK Metcalf in the 1st round, and then trade into the end of the 1st round for Noah Fant. (Get veteran OL in free agency.)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

After watching that performance.   Hes like a combination of Julio Jones and EMO.

Does he make it to 9 after this combine?

Below Average
3-cone: 7.38
Short Shuttle: 4.50

DL appears to have outstanding talent likely to be available at nine. Metcalf should be considered, but it's far from a no-brainer. Pretty deep WR class, so second round should have some good players that fit what we are trying to do.

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

After watching that performance.   Hes like a combination of Julio Jones and EMO.

Does he make it to 9 after this combine?

Yea except for the fact that you know Julio Jones had everything Metcalf had and Dominated the SEC for multiple years. Something Metcalf never did. He has no wiggle. Hes a straight line guy. That wont play in the NFL. Throw in his Injury history and I'll pass. Great athletes dont necessarily make good football players. You have to take the elite measurables and combine them with tape. Thats what scares me about guys like Gary and Sweat as well. Great athletes who didn't translate it to success on the field.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Below Average
3-cone: 7.38
Short Shuttle: 4.50

DL appears to have outstanding talent likely to be available at nine. Metcalf should be considered, but it's far from a no-brainer. Pretty deep WR class, so second round should have some good players that fit what we are trying to do.

And there is that...

Since the OP brought up a Julio Jones comparison, Julio's 3 cone time was about 3/4 of a second better.

there's a lot more bake to Metcalf than there is shake (to those who actually remember Shake and Bake).

Not to say that he can't become a dominant receiver, but  I agree, it isn't a certainty.

• Like (+1) 2

What he's done at the combine is impressive and freakish. I just think he's too much of question mark with not enough tape and injuries. I know I'll be kicking myself down the road if he becomes an all time talent, but I just think you need to have more of sure thing in the 1st round.

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Defensive linemen 100%. 

BPA is almost certain to be DL at nine. I just hope we pick up a RT and interior olineman in free agency, though I wouldn't pass on elite DL just to fill a need.

• Like (+1) 1

After all the "Combine Heros" who have burned GMs over the past 25 years, you'd think this stuff wouldn't happen. Metcalf's 40-time in shorts, bench press, and muscularity isn't the same as ability to run routes, catch contested balls, and producing like a WR1 on the field. He may look, run, & jump like Julio Jones- but that isn't enough to make him a star in the NFL. I'm VERY concerned about his agility numbers.

Sure, he may end up a really good player in time. But he is an extremely raw prospect at this point, and can basically only run fly patterns. I want no part of him the first round, and I hope he's somebody else's mistake.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

His combine was actually more fascinating than it was a complete success

Yeah.

You probably aren't going to find "runs really fast in a straight line" among too many personnel executives' priorities for ANY player, let alone a top-10 WR

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

He’s injury prone, not a good route runner and tends to drop the ball in critical situations. N’Keal Harry is a better WR, has strong hands wins contested catches, runs good routes, has insane YAC ability and can contribute on returns. Oh and Harry also had 27 reps on the bench. 

• Like (+1) 6