Andy Isabella

4 hours ago, #34fan said:

I like Irv Smith, but what is he exactly?  -Lacks the size of a true TE, and is a tad too hefty to be a vertical threat.  I'm wary of another Nick O'Leary-type situation.

Irv Smith seems to fit the mold of H-back rather well. I don’t think he displayed enough speed & athleticism to be a smaller TE you can split out reliably in the NFL. What the value is on that... ?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Isaballa will end up being a Patriot and torment us the next 10 years.  I doubt he makes it to round 3

Emphasis on slot WR's means he's certain to go in the 2nd now that I think about it. I really like Deebo Samuel and Parris Campbell Jr in Dabol's system.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/3/2019 at 5:42 PM, #34fan said:

Edelman V2.0...

The Patriots believe in the 3 cone time more than the 40. When Julian Edelman was taken he ran a ridiculous 6.62 3-cone but an avg 40 (4.51). That's what makes Andy so attractive.  A 4.31 40 time and a 6.95 3-cone. He will be gone by the end of the 2nd round unless we beat NE to the punch at 41.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Patriots believe in the 3 cone time more than the 40. When Julian Edelman was taken he ran a ridiculous 6.62 3-cone but an avg 40 (4.51). That's what makes Andy so attractive.  A 4.31 40 time and a 6.95 3-cone. He will be gone by the end of the 2nd round unless we beat NE to the punch at 41.

Thank you!! That's the kind of analysis that I hope the Bills coaching staff is looking at. Edelman was unstoppable in the SuperBowl and AFC Championship game. If Isabella is at least 75% of Edelman's quality, then he's worth taking! Hell, I'd take him just so the Patriots DON'T get him!!! As George W would say, "Strategery….."

3 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

Thank you!! That's the kind of analysis that I hope the Bills coaching staff is looking at. Edelman was unstoppable in the SuperBowl and AFC Championship game. If Isabella is at least 75% of Edelman's quality, then he's worth taking! Hell, I'd take him just so the Patriots DON'T get him!!! As George W would say, "Strategery….."

If I were the GM of the Bills the 1st thing I would do is find out every player New England wants. And I don't care what I have to do to get that information. Then I would cross reference it with the "type" of player the Patriots like to acquire.  Out cheat the cheaters. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Dude is most definitely a "process guy" like Beane and McDermott are looking for...after a foot of snow fell, he went out to the field and shoveled a 40 yard path himself so he could run sprints on a day the team wasn't even scheduled to do any work.  I am developing a straight man-crush on this kid.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018289/article/how-speed-put-umass-wr-andy-isabella-on-fast-track-to-nfl

Edited by matter2003

On 3/6/2019 at 2:15 PM, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

He would make for a good slot guy.  I still would like them to add someone outside.  At this point I think Zay is better suited inside.  

38 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

He would make for a good slot guy.  I still would like them to add someone outside.  At this point I think Zay is better suited inside.  

Zay Jones wishes he was half the football player Isabella is.?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Zay Jones wishes he was half the football player Isabella is.

Zay was the most prolific wr in the NCAA coming out of eastern Carolina.  I think Isabella will have a rocky transition to the NFL.  Down the line may have a better career but time will tell.  I still wouldn't mind having Isabella, Jones, and McKenzie as inside wrs for Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

His taste in “Highlight Reel” music is not “process” material. I heard three or four references to “*****” and glorification of handguns (Glocks in particular). He must be a street punk. No thanks. 

You know he didn’t pick that music! That’s how BB and the Pats* plan to see him drop to them. Look a little deeper, peel the onion back, there’s always more to the story. 

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

You know he didn’t pick that music! That’s how BB and the Pats* plan to see him drop to them. Look a little deeper, peel the onion back, there’s always more to the story. 

So you’re saying he doesn’t like Rap music? I think he’s trolling us. 

For a moment....I thought this was an Irv Smith thread.  I really like Isabella alot.   If we dont go WR in the 1st...I wouldn’t mind Isabella, Brown or Harry with our 2nd assuming one of them is still available.

Edited by Magnum Force

On 3/6/2019 at 5:22 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

If I were the GM of the Bills the 1st thing I would do is find out every player New England wants. And I don't care what I have to do to get that information. Then I would cross reference it with the "type" of player the Patriots like to acquire.  Out cheat the cheaters. 

CBs from Rutgers is the most obvious one, though the rest of the league doesn't seem to have caught on.

Worth noting that the Pats drafted Edelman in the 7th round, after taking WR Brandon Tate in the 3rd.

1 minute ago, BringBackFergy said:

So you’re saying he doesn’t like Rap music? I think he’s trolling us. 

He’s trolling McBeane! Everyone knows they do all their scouting on YouTube! We would never draft that guy after BB piped that music in!

(But I actually do find Isabella to be an intriguing prospect who is very doubtful to last to our #3 pick.....but what do I know?)

• Like (+1) 2