Any Love for Bryce Love?

YoloinOhio

On 2/28/2019 at 5:42 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

I’m a big yes.  There are a number of RBs I would love in 3rd or 4th, and he is one of them.

Given his injury, you may get you’re wish.  ACL tears aren’t the catastrophe they used to be, although serious.  It feels like as 8 years ago this was a career killer, and now these guys are able to make it back in a year.  Given his talent and past performance at a good college football team, being a red shirt for a year cheap, and then move on from Shady.  His contract will be up and no dead cap in two years.

Not a bad idea OP.  Especially if we could get him with one of the 4ths.  I’m hopeful we use the 3rds, 2nd, and 1st on the glaring needs on offense.  Not that Lively is on this caliber, but Elliott, Chub, and Barkley have proven a game changing RB is still and always has been important.  They can only be game changers though with a very good line and at least top 15 passing game with a great defense.  

I know I have my rose colored glasses on, but am hopeful this will be the case.

Have a good weekend everyone.

22 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Articulated? Is he a running back or public transportation?

Lol, i didn't catch that at first. I think that means that his arms, legs, neck, and torso can all do different things at the same time.

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m starting to think he’s the one they will pick - late. Just a hunch. But they have the time to let him heal given the current RB core.

He's a great kid too. Love the idea of him having a RS season behind two of the best RB's of the last 15 years.

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Ideally, only in the 5th round or later, too much wear and tear already. He'll probably go in the 3rd or 4th though.

Does he though?  In a weird way, him getting injured this year saved his body.  This guy was so awesome and now he’s getting penalized because he cared about his education.  I would love a guy like this in the 3rd or later. Perfect compliment to our old man stable.

he will never be a workhouse back but he could be a very valuable playmaker a la Kamara.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Does he though?  In a weird way, him getting injured this year saved his body.  This guy was so awesome and now he’s getting penalized because he cared about his education.  I would love a guy like this in the 3rd or later. Perfect compliment to our old man stable.

he will never be a workhouse back but he could be a very valuable playmaker a la Kamara.

I, personally (for whatever that's worth), am not penalizing him for caring about his education. My opinion is based purely on performance and health.

The ankle and foot injuries have been an issue almost his entire career at Stanford, and he put up over 2000 yards on an injured ankle, that is wear and tear. And then in the last game of the season he tears his ACL. I just foresee lingering lower-body issues that will plague his career.

I like the kid, but every time I've tuned in to watch him over the past 2 years, he's injured, or hobbling.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

RB's sure do take a beating, but I feel Bryce only took on a heavy load in the 2017 season(one that he looked like the best RB in the league by far). If he can get that knee rehabbed and healthy I think he will be fine. Sitting behind Shady and Gore is the best situation possible for any RB that we draft. This guy was once thought of as the most dangerous back in the country. If he is there in the middle rounds its a no brainer...

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Bills met with him today (the only RB we know of)... which may be meaningless but it’s got people talking that he may be a good choice because he can “redshirt” behind Shady (tore his ACL late in the year). 

I actually have never wanted to draft him. 

He’s referring to Shady ...

My Mocks seem to be putting him in a Bills uniform in the 6-7th rounds

35 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I, personally (for whatever that's worth), am not penalizing him for caring about his education. My opinion is based purely on performance and health.

The ankle and foot injuries have been an issue almost his entire career at Stanford, and he put up over 2000 yards on an injured ankle, that is wear and tear. And then in the last game of the season he tears his ACL. I just foresee lingering lower-body issues that will plague his career.

I like the kid, but every time I've tuned in to watch him over the past 2 years, he's injured, or hobbling.

Fair points.  But it’s how Stanford uses their backs. They just ride their Star.  If Love gets 10-15 touches/ game, I feel like he could be awesome in that role and it would serve his body well. 

The only shame about having Love is he couldn’t be 69. ?

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

My Mocks seem to be putting him in a Bills uniform in the 6-7th rounds

I would put money on him going before the 6th.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Bills met with him today (the only RB we know of)... which may be meaningless but it’s got people talking that he may be a good choice because he can “redshirt” behind Shady (tore his ACL late in the year). 

I actually have never wanted to draft him. 

He's my favorite back in this class.

Edited by N.Y. Orangeman

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fair points.  But it’s how Stanford uses their backs. They just ride their Star.  If Love gets 10-15 touches/ game, I feel like he could be awesome in that role and it would serve his body well. 

The only shame about having Love is he couldn’t be 69. ?

I would put money on him going before the 6th.

Depends on the Health and if he still has his speed

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Depends on the Health and if he still has his speed

I just think you gamble on his talent.  He might have been the first back taken last year.  If you really care about money, you should never go back to school when you have a chance to leave. 

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I just think you gamble on his talent.  He might have been the first back taken last year.  If you really care about money, you should never go back to school when you have a chance to leave. 

He was not going higher than Barkley.

Now that said RB is one area you do not gamble early on.  A late round pick is happening BECAUSE of the talent.

Years Past he would he a rd round gamble.  In the era of a devalued position that gamble happens 5 and below

You think anyone is going to gamble a high pick on a RB that tore his ACL in Dec?  to End a Season that was INJ after INF.  How are those Ankles?

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Now that said RB is one area you do not gamble early on.  A late round pick is happening BECAUSE of the talent.

Years Past he would he a rd round gamble.  In the era of a devalued position that gamble happens 5 and below

You think anyone is going to gamble a high pick on a RB that tore his ACL in January?  

Keep Donahoe out of the war room this year!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You think anyone is going to gamble a high pick on a RB that tore his ACL in January?  

Whoops, forgot about Barkley haha.  And I meant 3rd round or later. ACLs aren’t nearly as bad anymore.  

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Whoops, forgot about Barkley haha.  And I meant 3rd round or later. ACLs aren’t nearly as bad anymore.  

When they happen on the last play of his College Career and cap of a year of INJ.  How are those Ankles?

Yeah the gamble for a team will happen round 5 and below.  Nature of the RB position.  

Learning points for the Kids specially at this position.  GET OUT of COLLEGE as soon as possible before the hits keep racking up.

I'd take Love with one of our 4ths.   Perhaps pair him with Sanders from PSU.  We have two RB's this year (McCoy and Gore) that likely wont' be here next.  So let our new two learn from the old 2.   Although I'm not crazy about drafting 2 RB's.  

8 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Any reason why Bryce wasn't used in passing game out of backfield much? With his speed you would think swing passes to him on the edge would have been bread and butter for them..

I watch zero Pac 12 After Dark. Any Stanford fans out there?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 9:43 AM, Aussie Joe said:

The RB class looks pretty good this year so I would look to be picking up somebody else early-mid Day 3....

Given his injury status, I would only consider Love in the 7th and probably not even then.....

Im sticking by my original comment here..

Take someone else earlier Day 3 and pick up Love in the 7th If still there..