Florida Human Trafficking

I know many of us have been having a good laugh about Robert Kraft getting caught with his pants down. But I didn't hear until yesterday how horrific it was there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/23/us/robert-kraft-trafficking-florida.html

Now, I know everyone here hates human trafficking. I know because I've been lectured about it.

So tell me...how was that Wall going to help the Chinese women who were flown in legally, and then had their passports stolen? I mean, it was noticed when a state healthcare worker made a visit and reported a possible crime, followed up by a long sting run by law enforcement who wanted to catch the true crooks. Maybe...just maybe...money is better spent on those things. ?

It seems to me that resources were deployed to help the women in question, and break up this trafficking ring as evidenced by the trafficking ring being broken up and the women rescued.

Massive amounts of resources are being deployed to combat human slavery on all fronts, with different strategies being deployed to combat different logistical scenarios.

We don’t share a border with China, so a wall would prove ineffective.  We do, however, share a massive, largely unprotected border with Mexico which, because of geography, is where the overwhelming majority of human slaves are trafficked; and in that area a wall is effective, because it routs traffickers closer to ports of entry where it’s easier to catch them.

The truth is that human trafficking arrests are up 400% since President Trump took office, and that’s because of his administrations policies.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It seems to me that resources were deployed to help the women in question, and break up this trafficking ring as evidenced by the trafficking ring being broken up and the women rescued.

Massive amounts of resources are being deployed to combat human slavery on all fronts, with different strategies being deployed to combat different logistical scenarios.

We don’t share a border with China, so a wall would prove ineffective.  We do, however, share a massive, largely unprotected border with Mexico which, because of geography, is where the overwhelming majority of human slaves are trafficked; and in that area a wall is effective, because it routs traffickers closer to ports of entry where it’s easier to catch them.

The truth is that human trafficking arrests are up 400% since President Trump took office, and that’s because of his administrations policies.

Hey dude, you’re interrupting his “wall bad” thread masquerading as caring about human trafficking.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Hey dude, you’re interrupting his “wall bad” thread masquerading as caring about human trafficking.

Don’t forget this is also an option 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c7553ab5347703763

Lmao @ dumbass in Philly for obsessing over anti wall rants all day everyday.  

Try a dating site or something ?

Edited by Teddy KGB

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

But I didn't hear until yesterday how horrific it was there.

Thats funny because people have been trying to educate you for over a year on this issue and you've repeatedly scoffed it off. Now you admit it's real (because the NYTs said so) and want to use it as yet another reason to protest a wall. 

Which of course proves you're a partisan asshat rather than a serious person. 

A serious person who learns new information about the horrors of human traffic does not say, "this one is Chinese so the wall wouldn't help". A serious person would extrapolate from what they learned and realize this is one hub of THOUSANDS. MOST of which fill or suppliment their supply through the southern border. Including, likely, this one. 

Posts like this this is why you're called an NPC. It's entirely deserved as you just made an asshat out of yourself with that blisteringly shortsighted and ignorant OP. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know many of us have been having a good laugh about Robert Kraft getting caught with his pants down. But I didn't hear until yesterday how horrific it was there.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/23/us/robert-kraft-trafficking-florida.html

Now, I know everyone here hates human trafficking. I know because I've been lectured about it.

So tell me...how was that Wall going to help the Chinese women who were flown in legally, and then had their passports stolen? I mean, it was noticed when a state healthcare worker made a visit and reported a possible crime, followed up by a long sting run by law enforcement who wanted to catch the true crooks. Maybe...just maybe...money is better spent on those things. ?

This is stupid analogy. Just because a certain tool may not be effective in all cases, it doesn't make the tool useless. You dont use a hammer to turn screws, so does that mean we shouldn't have hammers and spend all of our money on better screwdrivers?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thats funny because people have been trying to educate you for over a year on this issue and you've repeatedly scoffed it off. Now you admit it's real (because the NYTs said so) and want to use it as yet another reason to protest a wall. 

Which of course proves you're a partisan asshat rather than a serious person. 

A serious person who learns new information about the horrors of human traffic does not say, "this one is Chinese so the wall wouldn't help". A serious person would extrapolate from what they learned and realize this is one hub of THOUSANDS. MOST of which fill or suppliment their supply through the southern border. Including, likely, this one. 

Posts like this this is why you're called an NPC. It's entirely deserved as you just made an asshat out of yourself with that blisteringly shortsighted and ignorant OP. 

It was nice to see his acknowledgment of reaching a state of self-awareness, even though the irony of what he subsequently typed was lost on him. 

It's a step in the right direction, but he seems unable to get his emotions throttled back enough to apply logic to the equation. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Don’t forget this is also an option 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c7553ab5347703763

Lmao @ dumbass in Philly for obsessing over anti wall rants all day everyday.  

Try a dating site or something ?

Dig Dug? Don’t insult our neighbors to the south. Mr Do was way better

misterdo.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

When Obuma, Schumer, Pelosi and the other douchbags wanted a wall, Tibs was all for it

He was for it before he was against it because he didn't have to pass it to see what's in it because if you like your wall, you can keep your wall.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1