Florida Human Trafficking

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

How big a shitstain do you have to be to be given "S.744 Border Security Act" by someone, and ask them to google it for you?

His goal was to make someone else do the work, and completely prove their point (which he already knew to be accurate); and then to call them a liar and make ad hom attacks after the fact.

His entire goal was to be a ***** person, and degrade the quality of the board.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

His goal was to make someone else do the work, and completely prove their point (which he already knew to be accurate); and then to call them a liar and make ad hom attacks after the fact.

And it boggles my mind why people continue to engage him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It was nice to see his acknowledgment of reaching a state of self-awareness, even though the irony of what he subsequently typed was lost on him. 

It's a step in the right direction, but he seems unable to get his emotions throttled back enough to apply logic to the equation. 

It is progress. And as hard as I've been on NPCinPhilly, I haven't given up on him yet. 

Though if he were honest, he would realize this OP proves he's emotionally invested in confirming what he's been told by others rather than thinking for himself. He operates by emotion first, logic second, his own discernment clocks in a distant third. Think about his thought process here... he learns something new about human trafficking, a subject he's heard quite a bit about (and it's clearly gotten to him as he included that in his OP) and his first impulse wasn't to stop and think for himself, it was to use that knowledge erroneously to try to spike the football in PPP - but instead he pulled a Dan Carpenter: 

Image result for dan carpenter helmet gif

He could have put the OP in the existing Kraft thread, or any of the border shut down threads... but instead he started a new one because he was certain his point would be a slam dunk. This was his moment. 

Then he stepped on his own dick. 

It would be hilarious if it wasn't just so ***** sad. 

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

How big a shitstain do you have to be to be given "S.744 Border Security Act" by someone, and ask them to google it for you?

Because I knew it wasn't even worth looking into. I was right

32 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Uh-huh. So a border “fence” is sensible but a wall is racist?

It was a concession in a compromise. And Schumer wasn't running around demagoguing the issue by scapegoating immigrants. That is racist 

45 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It was a rhetorical question.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

It was a concession in a compromise. And Schumer wasn't running around demagoguing the issue by scapegoating immigrants. That is racist 

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when Reagan gave amnesty to illegals wasn’t a Wall part of that concession that hasn’t been fulfilled?

And illegal immigration is bad for a country. We need to stop it. 

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Thats funny because people have been trying to educate you for over a year on this issue and you've repeatedly scoffed it off. Now you admit it's real (because the NYTs said so) and want to use it as yet another reason to protest a wall. 

Which of course proves you're a partisan asshat rather than a serious person. 

A serious person who learns new information about the horrors of human traffic does not say, "this one is Chinese so the wall wouldn't help". A serious person would extrapolate from what they learned and realize this is one hub of THOUSANDS. MOST of which fill or suppliment their supply through the southern border. Including, likely, this one. 

Posts like this this is why you're called an NPC. It's entirely deserved as you just made an asshat out of yourself with that blisteringly shortsighted and ignorant OP. 

*Sigh*...ok, first things first. I have to educate you. Again.

1) I heard on Friday about Bob Kraft being caught with a prostitute. Hilarious. On Monday, I heard a detailed description of the sex slaves that were being held: Horrific. Somehow, this is confusing to you.

2) I've never denied that sex trafficking is fake. What I have repeatedly stated is that experts have repeatedly said that there is no correlation between sex trafficking and physical barrier. 

3) Let's take a moment to highlight what works: detectives. Investigation. The human element. 

4) You obviously have not been paying attention to this specific case, because the Sheriff who organized the sting has specifically stated the language barrier being with Mandarin. You really think that front of Asian massage parlors were getting floods of South Americans who could only communicate in Mandarin Chinese?

In short: you clearly don't give a flying ***** about the victims. You just like stamping your feet because have a nice little hate *****.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It is progress. And as hard as I've been on NPCinPhilly, I haven't given up on him yet. 

Though if he were honest, he would realize this OP proves he's emotionally invested in confirming what he's been told by others rather than thinking for himself. He operates by emotion first, logic second, his own discernment clocks in a distant third. Think about his thought process here... he learns something new about human trafficking, a subject he's heard quite a bit about (and it's clearly gotten to him as he included that in his OP) and his first impulse wasn't to stop and think for himself, it was to use that knowledge erroneously to try to spike the football in PPP - but instead he pulled a Dan Carpenter: 

Image result for dan carpenter helmet gif

He could have put the OP in the existing Kraft thread, or any of the border shut down threads... but instead he started a new one because he was certain his point would be a slam dunk. This was his moment. 

Then he stepped on his own dick. 

It would be hilarious if it wasn't just so ***** sad. 

100% accurate. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

This is stupid analogy. Just because a certain tool may not be effective in all cases, it doesn't make the tool useless. You dont use a hammer to turn screws, so does that mean we shouldn't have hammers and spend all of our money on better screwdrivers?

But that's the thing: Experts who deal with the issue, both in and out of the government have said that there is no proof that a wall would do anything:

But experts and even Trump’s own Department of Homeland Security said they are unable to guarantee that the wall would have any impact the rate of trafficking.

"That is a question I’ve been wrestling with," Dottie Laster, executive director of the Heidi Search Center in San Antonio, Texas, and a human trafficking expert, told NBC News. "I’ve been thinking about it daily, and the truth is I don’t know if it will curb it or not."

Laster, who has worked for more than a decade helping victims of human trafficking, said the challenges of getting into the United States is a tool traffickers — sometimes called coyotes — use to their advantage.

To use your example, nails would be local law enforcement, screws would be border and customs agents, the FBI would be nuts and bolts, and a wall is a blowtorch. It doesn't necessarily cause burning down what you are trying to do, but it might and certainly won't help.

Again, I feel like I am beating a dead horse here: this is a serious crime with real victims. How about we don't piss away our resources?

47 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

1) I heard on Friday about Bob Kraft being caught with a prostitute. Hilarious. On Monday, I heard a detailed description of the sex slaves that were being held: Horrific. Somehow, this is confusing to you.

2) I've never denied that sex trafficking is fake. What I have repeatedly stated is that experts have repeatedly said that there is no correlation between sex trafficking and physical barrier. 

3) Let's take a moment to highlight what works: detectives. Investigation. The human element. 

4) You obviously have not been paying attention to this specific case, because the Sheriff who organized the sting has specifically stated the language barrier being with Mandarin. You really think that front of Asian massage parlors were getting floods of South Americans who could only communicate in Mandarin Chinese?

In short: you clearly don't give a flying ***** about the victims. You just like stamping your feet because have a nice little hate *****.

You didn't hear this morning that officials are backing off the human trafficking claim, did you?

37 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

But that's the thing: Experts who deal with the issue, both in and out of the government have said that there is no proof that a wall would do anything:

Well that's funny, considering that the border patrol, you know - the people who actually protect the border for a living - seem to think that building physical barriers is an effective use of taxpayer money to reduce illegal border crossings.

But what do they know, they're apparently not "experts" in border security.

• Like (+1) 1

`

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

By "educate" do you mean reciting a bunch of out of context facts and partisan talking points you heard from others? Or do you mean sharing information you yourself have thought critically about and are bringing something new to the table? 

Excited to see which! 

It's not confusing to me, it's sad. Sad and ironic that you would rush to start a brand new thread, sharing a new piece of information you had programmed into your NPC mind by the NYT, only to ***** up the execution entirely. 

See, I know about the conditions because I've interviewed and walked along side DHS, CBP, and ICE as they raided and shut down loads of operations in SoCal just like this one. I've talked to the victims. Heard where they came from. How they got here. What they were forced to do. I've spoken with the men and women on the front line, many of whom now are friends. I know this stuff because I chose to get involved and learn more... not sit back and let the NYT dictate fact vs fiction to me like you're seemingly comfy doing. 

That detailed description you deem "horrific" is commonplace. Which is what I and others have been trying to share with you from the beginning but you have repeatedly scoffed it off as not being relevant. 

You were wrong. Still are. And this doubling down is only going to make you look even more ridiculous so buckle up. 

You said it wasn't an emergency. Yet you're "horrified" at what you learned about the parlor in Florida. Are you under the assumption that's the only trafficking HUB in the US? There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands - all with conditions like that. 

You claimed this wasn't something worth a wall to combat because, as you say, a wall won't do anything to help the issue. You're wrong on this point, and the only thing you've ever brought to back up the assertion are talking points from paid political pundits while ignoring the words of the men and women who spend their lives fighting this issue. 

This entire statement you've made is false. A wall is part of the necessary steps required to help curb the flow of human trafficking across the southern border. I know this because I've seen it first hand. I've worked on the ground at the border. I've applied my own critical thinking to the issue and followed where it led me. 

What have you done on this issue to become more educated other than regurgitate talking points?

The human element needs to be present to work. 

Walls in certain sections of the border changes the flow of known and unknown trafficking routes so that the human element can better respond to the crossings and stop them before they disappear into the woodwork of the country

What you're advocating for, unknowingly because your NPC programming hasn't been updated, is letting the flow of trafficking continue in order to allow the men and women who investigate these matters to do so after the horrors have been committed to thousands of victims

You think that sounds smart? Nope. You think that sounds compassionate? Nope. All it does is make you sound like an uninformed asshat who does not understand the subject he's claiming to "educate" others about. 

But there's more!

I have paid attention, I've even spoken to people tracking the investigation because this is what I do. Let's take this a piece at a time: 

*"You really think that front of Asian massage parlors were getting floods of South Americans..." : Revealing you're entirely ignorant of the situation at the border. It's not only South American victims being trafficked across the southern border - victims of all nationalities are trafficked across because it's easier than going through an airport. Yes, Chinese slaves come through the southern border, as do many other nations. I've personally watched people from Bangladesh, Vietnam, and South Korea get nabbed crossing outside San Diego - who were headed towards massage parlors in SoCal. 

They didn't speak Spanish. They didn't need to. The coyotes were paid by others who ferried them across. 

See? You don't know your dick from your elbow on this topic - yet you continually talk down to people who have spilled tears, sweat, and blood chasing down this story because it doesn't fit the narrative you've been programmed to believe. You'd rather write them off as "Trump supporters" without bothering to stop and think for yourself.

Returning to an earlier point: are you under the assumption that this massage parlor is the only trafficking hub in the country? And that only Chinese people are trafficked, thus even though it's a crime it doesn't matter about the border? That's the argument you're making and if you weren't so busy trying to desperately prove what you've been told is true rather than thinking for yourself you'd understand how blisteringly stupid this argument is. 

What happened in that parlor is happening today, right now, within five miles of your location. I promise. And those places are continually supplied by people crossing the southern border from all over the world.

In short: You still are an unmitigated NPC who cannot be bothered thinking for themselves. 

Sad.

I don't like stamping my feet on this issue. Stupidity like yours compels me to because of what I've experienced. Try doing what I've done. Try sitting for three hours with a fourteen year old girl while she's questioned by ICE, hearing how many times she was raped on the way across the border, how many times she begged for her parents to come save her while she was rationing plan B, how many times she was cut, hit, choked - while men laughed and said "don't bruise the face" - that's the day you'll start to understand why I'm so passionate about this subject. 

Try that. Try doing that AND then try coming down here saying that this is not a real emergency and a wall won't make a difference. 

40 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

FALSE. 

I know this is false because I've worked with dozens, if not tens of dozens, over the past two years. You hold up the one or two experts (who are paid to toe the leftist line) as if they represent all experts. 

That's why you're an NPC. You don't think for yourself. You don't care about finding the truth about situations. You only care about proving what you've been told to believe by others is true. 

That's why you fail. 

That's why you continue to make an ass out of yourself in this topic, and in Trump/Russia. Those people are lying to you because they KNOW you're too stupid to question them. Stop proving them correct and start thinking for yourself. These are the same people that lied us into war in Iraq under false pretenses, tried to execute a palace coup with Russian conspiracy nonsense - and now are trying to keep the border open so they can continue to profit from human misery

And you're aiding and abetting them by refusing to engage your own critical thinking. 

As I said at the top: SAD. 

40 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

To use your example, nails would be local law enforcement, screws would be border and customs agents, the FBI would be nuts and bolts, and a wall is a blowtorch. It doesn't necessarily cause burning down what you are trying to do, but it might and certainly won't help.

Again, I feel like I am beating a dead horse here: this is a serious crime with real victims. How about we don't piss away our resources?

You feel like you're beating a dead horse because you're continually making incorrect statements as fact because others have told you they're true and you're too lazy to think for yourself

You're a good little NPC. A useful idiot. 

Shame.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Thanks to @B-Man for the clip - but here you go, @WhitewalkerInPhilly , an expert at the border who says "Today, nearly 80 percent of those apprehended" aren't from Mexico but other countries (including non South American countries). 

But she doesn't count, right? She's not a "real" expert because she doesn't validate what you've been told is the truth by the NYT's. 

It's very easy to stop and think through the border crisis for yourself if you're willing and see the spin and lies being pushed by all sides. Yet you continue to refuse to do so, not because you're incapable of it, but because you enjoy being an NPC. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but when Reagan gave amnesty to illegals wasn’t a Wall part of that concession that hasn’t been fulfilled?

And illegal immigration is bad for a country. We need to stop it. 

Wrong! Making immigration illegal hurts the country 

• Haha (+1) 1

It's so frustrating trying to have an honest conversation with Trumpkins who seem to need lies like a regular person needs air to breath 

Just now, The_Dude said:

Immigration isn't illegal and never has been you clown.

So we have totally open boarders?