Hate Crime or Hoax?

The_Dude

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jussie Smollett runs from the press after being released from jail on $100K bond

From Coen Brothers script........Last page

Jessie runs down the street with the press in hot pursuit , rounding the corner he ducks into a store and stands up the wall.

Camera shows his viewpoint as reporters race by the window.

Jessie heaves a sigh of relief as the last one passes.

He slowly turns toward the rest of the establishment and notices that it is a Subway.

Close up slowly moves in on his face as a small "Mona Lisa" smile emerges.

Fade Out..................

• Haha (+1) 2

My favorite take so far.

I would never be brave enough to do what Jussie did. He put his personal freedom at stake and shined a light into some dark corners that need cleaning. In a way, I’m proud of him. Because it doesn’t necessarily matter that this event didn’t happen. It matters that it could happen. That’s the real issue here. So good for Jussie.

The Root is awesome.  :lol:  I'm not sure I could have made that up myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hedge said:

My bet is that one of his deleted phone calls was with someone, in panic mode, who yelled "TELL THEM IT WAS BECAUSE YOU WERE DISSATISFIED WITH YOUR EMPIRE SALARY!"

Chicago police Superintendent said Smollett faked a threatening letter and then, a week later, staged the attack because he was “dissatisfied with his salary” on “Empire.”

I still love the fact that he mailed himself white powder, which raises it from the level of "lucky for you it's not illegal to be a dipshit" to "unlucky for you it's EXTREMELY illegal to be a terrorist dipshit."

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kevbeau said:

W....T....F

I hope this person uses two forms of birth control

If I ever shoot myself in the head, please eulogize me by saying you're proud of me because I put my life at stake to shine a light in some dark corners, because it doesn't matter that I'm dead, but that I could be alive.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

If I ever shoot myself in the head, please eulogize me by saying you're proud of me because I put my life at stake to shine a light in some dark corners, because it doesn't matter that I'm dead, but that I could be alive.  

he had a lot to say
he had a lot of nothing to say
we'll miss him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHdlhUfJ5qc

Edited by Foxx

49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Can I cater the party?

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Dz9496mWkAEozks.jpg.......................Dz9496nWoAANcid.jpg..............Of Course....:lol:

And there it is.......................

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Dz9496mWkAEozks.jpg.......................Dz9496nWoAANcid.jpg..............Of Course....:lol:

I have a hard time believing Harris has any true human feelings about the subject.

But it's a good thing her anti-lynching bill didn't pass, or Smollett would be looking at ten years' hard time.  

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I still love the fact that he mailed himself white powder, which raises it from the level of "lucky for you it's not illegal to be a dipshit" to "unlucky for you it's EXTREMELY illegal to be a terrorist dipshit."

I like the fact that he set it up to happen in the view of a security camera, but when his buddies were smacking him around, the camera didn’t catch it. HAHA! Can we do a re-take?! HAHAHA!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, snafu said:

I like the fact that he set it up to happen in the view of a security camera, but when his buddies were smacking him around, the camera didn’t catch it. HAHA! Can we do a re-take?! HAHAHA!

A good director can make or break an actor.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/20/2019 at 1:08 PM, DC Tom said:

There has to be some intelligence threshold, given that a "hoax" requires a formed intent to deceive.  The moon landing, 9/11, Gwenyth Paltrow winning an Oscar, Nutella being edible...all are "hoaxes" in that They actively engaged in a disinformation campaign designed to mislead the public (e.g. we never landed on the moon, the Twin Towers are still there, Gwenyth Paltrow has all the acting range of wilted celery, and Nutella is basically congealed motor oil).  

I'll admit it's a low minimum level of intelligence, to formulate the intent to deceive.  And it doesn't take the brain power of a Harvey Weinstein or...the inventor of Nutella, whoever that ####### is - to conceive and perpetrate a hoax.  But I submit that the failure to understand that reflections in mirrors are reversed is below that minimum.  

Nutella was invented by Ferrero.

16 minutes ago, row_33 said:

No federal charges?

Federal charges are completely independent of the state charges - if they're brought.

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Dz-l5pjUcAAZO-K.jpg

And yes, they're going to very quickly plead this out, with him doing no time.

Edited by Koko78

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Federal charges are completely independent of the state charges - if they're brought.

And yes, they're going to very quickly plead this out, with him doing no time.

He is kinda unpredictable and may yet do something that leaves them with no other choice...