Sign in to follow this  
buffaloaggie

Capaccio's top ten FA WRs

I'd pluck Cordarrelle Patterson from the Paytoilets, for the right price.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

I want one of the two white slot guys and I want them to catch a minimum of 85-90 passes.  

Anyone that can consistently get open would be nice. Beasley was always underrated in Dallas, but he feels he should be paid as a top-2 slot receiver. Humphries is younger, and has the size on Beasley.

Hell No to Funchess, he's a turd who cannot separate. We already tried our hand & lost with a big, slow WR from Carolina. I think Beane is sis smart enough to stay far away.

Tavon Austin would be pretty useless here, except on special teams. Same goes for Cordarelle Patterson.

I'd be cool with anyone else on that list.

• Like (+1) 3

We are definitely signing Funchess.  Just accept it.

and honestly, none of these guys are going to be worth what they will get. I would draft multiple receivers in this draft.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

Humphries, Williams and Patterson.  

Def on Humphries, because we need someone with great hands to catch the short-intermediate routes.  

I’d pursue Humphries.  I wonder what type of contract he’d command?  Still young at 26...good slot WR.

• Like (+1) 2

I really think Tavon Austin is a guy that can be used in a lot of ways and can really help us out. That’s a guy I would be very interested in and he should be overly expensive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

1 hour ago, buffaloaggie said:

https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/capaccio-ten-free-agent-wrs-and-how-they-might-or-might-not-fit-bills

If they sign Funchess, I'll be pissed. Tyrell Williams and Humphries would be good gets.

Those are the two I'd like as well.  If the Bills signed both, it would free up the draft to go after other BPAs.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I really think Tavon Austin is a guy that can be used in a lot of ways and can really help us out. That’s a guy I would be very interested in and he should be overly expensive.

Tavon Austin is never going to be good. He is one of the worst draft picks in recent history.  

1 minute ago, eball said:

Those are the two I'd like as well.  If the Bills signed both, it would free up the draft to go after other BPAs.

That’s a lot of money invested in non star receivers.  I like both players but not at what they are going to get paid at.  There are guys just as good in this draft much, much cheaper.

WGR doesn't let us Europeans in any more because of our little data protection regulation.... who was in Sal's top 10? In my mind it is a very, very thin group. 

Golden Tate and Williams.  Draft Hakeem Butler.  Add in the kid from Canada. Now we might have something.   Zay and Foster can compete for the 5th spot.

• Sad 1

I don't love any of these guys and hope we wait for the bargain to reveal itself.    It seems like a great crop of #3-4 receivers who are looking to be paid like #2 receivers.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Golden Tate and Williams.  Draft Hakeem Butler.  Add in the kid from Canada. Now we might have something.   Zay and Foster can compete for the 5th spot.

Golden Tate would never come here unless we massively overpay.  Love Butler. 

26 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Tavon Austin's potential has been searched for for many years. I think its more likely hes just not that good

• Like (+1) 1

Tate (still think the room badly needs an experienced vet leader in there who has had some success in the league) and Humphries (would sign but I feel like outside is a bigger need than slot) are the only two I have any interest whatsoever in. 

Just so no to Williams. He is gonna get waaaay overpaid. 

• Like (+1) 1

There are probably 8-10 WRs in the draft with higher upside than Tyrell Williams. Signing him (and overpaying) would be really stupid. We'd end up with a marginal WR2 while watching guys we passed on to do so become top targets on other teams. 

It'd be the equivalent of us signing Terrelle Pryor in 2017 coming off a 1000 yard season, and passing on JuJu & Cooper Kupp in the draft because "our WR needs are now met".

26 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

He's the size of Mickey Rivers. 

did you mean Mickey Rooney?

Tavon is too short. Just say no.

I'm actually fine with them signing Funchess AS LONG AS they don't count on him to be the #1 or #2 receiver. Funchess is an 800-yards-per-year guy. That's a guy that can help your team.

If they were to sign Funchess to a reasonable contract but then also spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on WR, would it bother you?

Rookie
Foster
Jones
Funchess
Duke Williams
McKenzie

That's a pretty promising WR depth chart

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Tavon Austin is never going to be good. He is one of the worst draft picks in recent history.  

That’s a lot of money invested in non star receivers.  I like both players but not at what they are going to get paid at.  There are guys just as good in this draft much, much cheaper.

Tavon Austin is great when used properly. He is a sweep/HB/slot/PR/KR/screen player. Ultimate X factor, if you have a good coach he will probably provide you with 10 game changing plays during the course of the year. Not an every down WR but I would be very excited if we signed him to compete with McKenzie.

31 minutes ago, 947 said:

There are probably 8-10 WRs in the draft with higher upside than Tyrell Williams. Signing him (and overpaying) would be really stupid. We'd end up with a marginal WR2 while watching guys we passed on to do so become top targets on other teams. 

It'd be the equivalent of us signing Terrelle Pryor in 2017 coming off a 1000 yard season, and passing on JuJu & Cooper Kupp in the draft because "our WR needs are now met".

We need oline so bad. The only way I can see us taking a WR before round 3 is if we trade down and acquire more picks. Hopefully that happens. If not we need to address the position in free agency.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billspro said:

We need oline so bad. The only way I can see us taking a WR before round 3 is if we trade down and acquire more picks. Hopefully that happens. If not we need to address the position in free agency.

OL is much easier to find in free agency. If we sign 2 guys, that frees us up to wait until the 3rd round for OL & take WR or TE early. I'd much prefer that route.