Capaccio's top ten FA WRs

buffaloaggie

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If he had not torn his Achilles he was absolutely 100% my first choice to bring in. I'd have traded for him in season too. He is the perfect placeholder vet to lead and teach habits and take pressure off the young guys. With the injury I am sceptical. He wouldn't be 100% at all during camp.

The fact that it's his 2nd achilles injury pretty much should kill any interest in the Bills signing him. At least I would hope.

My pick is Tyrell Williams sounds like a really good pick up given every thing about him & he is young enough to give him a decent contract so he can grow with Allen & become a corp piece to the offense !!

I also hear that Demarius Thomas could be let go he tore his Achilles near the end of last yr i wonder if released would he be a good pick up for a prove it contract seeing as he will be 31 & considering the injury ??

Demaryius Thomas had already lost a step before tearing his achilles. Recovering from that injury at age 31 is extremely difficult, even most young guys never regain the same explosion. I'd stay far away.

17 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Tavon Austin played with Sean McVay and McVay had no use for him.

Austin sucks. It’s time for people to understand this.

He ran the ball 59 times that year. He was used exactly how I described. He would be a great WR5/RB4/PR/KR.

15 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Brown was on pace for well over 1000 yds on the season and was making big plays for Flacco before Jackson took over and rendered the wr’s obsolete in Balt. I’d welcome him with open arms. 

Also beasley would be a welcome addition. Surprised these 2 havnt been mentioned by others more in this thread. 

I think Brown would be a solid addition too.

5 hours ago, nucci said:

Austin has not been productive his entire career...the reason he can be used in a lot of ways is because he is not good enough to play one position.

Don't you think his stock in the draft went up because of his numbers and not his speed? That West Virginia team he was apart of loved to throw the ball and throw the ball some more...not to mention flanker sweeps.

Edited by Misterbluesky

5 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

ESPN running an interactive story and predict the Bills sign Tyrell Williams to a 4 year/56M dollar deal in Free Agency

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25901330/predicting-2019-nfl-offseason-dominoes-free-agents-trades-cause-ripples

Free Agency definitely inflates salaries. Landry and Watkins were the big beneficiaries last year, so I guess an average of $14 mil/year is not unreasonable for Williams? KC and Cleveland did not get the bang for the bucks.  

NFL WR Salary List

T Williams and C Patterson are pretty good receivers and elite return men. To me, that's killing 2 birds with 1 stone even if they aren't #1's. They'd still be valuable additions. Brown would be a nica addition too. If we could sign Brown, G McCoy and Williams, we could really focus on the OL in the draft.

Humphries is intriguing.  With the wrs they brought in via late in the draft Proehl and Mccloud, and the utilization of McKenzie down the stretch slot is definitely a position of importance in the teams passing attack.  Having a legit sure handed slot reciever would be a need Imo.  I think Humpries, Beasley and Tate would be worth bringing vs any of the top available outside wrs.  You could potentially get one of the aforementioned and a TE for the money Williams may cover.  Where Buffalo is sitting I would go slot and TE in FA and draft a few outside guys and a rb come April.

6 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

ESPN running an interactive story and predict the Bills sign Tyrell Williams to a 4 year/56M dollar deal in Free Agency

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/25901330/predicting-2019-nfl-offseason-dominoes-free-agents-trades-cause-ripples

Good, they should and this would be a fair contract. 

Rookie- DK Metcalf @ 15

Tyrell Williams 

Robert Foster

Zay Jones

Duke Williams 

Maybe cut McKenzie?

That would be 5 solid wrs

34 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

T Williams and C Patterson are pretty good receivers and elite return men. To me, that's killing 2 birds with 1 stone even if they aren't #1's. They'd still be valuable additions. Brown would be a nica addition too. If we could sign Brown, G McCoy and Williams, we could really focus on the OL in the draft.

Williams has never returned an nfl kick or punt and Patterson has never been pretty good at wr…. soooo i think you'd still need both stones to kill 2 birds.

i'd really like brown and McCoy on board though!

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Daboll seems pretty comfortable substituting WRs like the rams do. I’m not sure if that stemmed from trying to find a reliable group, or if that’s going to be his MO moving forward. If it’s what he wants to do then some of these slot guys are in play, and I’d expect Beane to go for pure value and “process”. My money would be on guys who’ve proven to be reliable outlets for scrambling QBs and are under 30... Cobb (Rodgers), Humphries (Fitzmagic), etc. Along with guys that have all the physical tools to be a #1, stretch the field vertically, or play teams. 

I’d assume Humphries, Cobb, Brown, Williams, and Patterson are in play. I’m tempted to throw Jared Cook into the equation as a TE option as well, though I think he stays in Oakland/LV or goes back to GB. 

On 2/11/2019 at 8:21 PM, Stank_Nasty said:

Brown was on pace for well over 1000 yds on the season and was making big plays for Flacco before Jackson took over and rendered the wr’s obsolete in Balt. I’d welcome him with open arms. 

Also beasley would be a welcome addition. Surprised these 2 havnt been mentioned by others more in this thread. 

I think he'd be a fine pickup (though there may be diminishing returns with stocking up on basically all guys that are purely deep threats like him and Foster), but Brown was trending down before Baltimore ever made a switch. Over the last 4 starts with Flacco, Brown had less than 30 yards in 3 of them.