Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't think Smollet thinks they're random.  What I do think is that he's lying about being on the phone with his agent at the time of the alleged attack and he's not giving up his phone because it would prove that and destroy his case definitively.  Better to have the doubt.

What I’m saying is I don’t care about the case with that comment about the phone and that especially as a celeb I’d probably be hesitant to hand anyone my phone. Especially when even if he was really attacked it does next to nothing in assisting the officers. 

If he was claiming to have any type of documentation of who the perpetrator was and refusing to turn THAT over in a controlled manner I’d probably agree with you but if I’m him I’m probably not tossing the officers my phone to check my call log and whatever else. 

My point is global, not case specific. People jump for clues that someone’s acting guilty and I think this very specific behavior is overblown. It could be hiding a lie.... or an embarrassing anything that he doesn’t want leaked, or just a general distrust of police - and yes, to him these are just random officers. Of the dozens of things to look at with raised brow, this barely registers for me.

Edited by NoSaint

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

I just can't help watch this train-wreck.

This is a man that was jumped by two men, and beaten bad enough for them to slip a noose around his neck. (but not lose hold of his sandwich.)

...and he's still healing. While dancin'!?

Dang, lots of low blows in this thread, but yours might take the cake.  You expect him to sit at home and huddle up? Would you, or would you go back to work?

42 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Dang, lots of low blows in this thread, but yours might take the cake.  You expect him to sit at home and huddle up? Would you, or would you go back to work?

I guess, when someone gets repeatedly beaten, it's perfectly normal to just dance it off, after a few days recovery.

Personally, I would take a few weeks to let my bruised face heal, and let the broken ribs reset, before going on stage to entertain people.

Although, I might be persuaded to go out for a subway sandwich.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I guess, when someone gets repeatedly beaten, it's perfectly normal to just dance it off, after a few days recovery.

Personally, I would take a few weeks to let my bruised face heal, and let the broken ribs reset, before going on stage to entertain people.

Although, I might be persuaded to go out for a subway sandwich.

Give him crap for damn near anything you like if his story is made up, makes no difference to me.  Going to work would be really, really, really low on my list.

My take is fake 

if you had a rope around your neck wouldn’t the first reaction be to get it the heck off? 

You are being assaulted and and you don’t let go of your sub and defend yourself? 

To strange 

doesn't add up. 

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

What I’m saying is I don’t care about the case with that comment about the phone and that especially as a celeb I’d probably be hesitant to hand anyone my phone. Especially when even if he was really attacked it does next to nothing in assisting the officers. 

If he was claiming to have any type of documentation of who the perpetrator was and refusing to turn THAT over in a controlled manner I’d probably agree with you but if I’m him I’m probably not tossing the officers my phone to check my call log and whatever else. 

My point is global, not case specific. People jump for clues that someone’s acting guilty and I think this very specific behavior is overblown. It could be hiding a lie.... or an embarrassing anything that he doesn’t want leaked, or just a general distrust of police - and yes, to him these are just random officers. Of the dozens of things to look at with raised brow, this barely registers for me.

I wait until I get the facts before commenting on cases.  When I first heard what happened in this case, it smelled fishy.  When I learned there was no evidence of what he said and that he wouldn't turn over the only objective piece of evidence, I knew he was lying.  And if he doesn't turn over that evidence, the case goes nowhere.  Which is probably what he wants since leaving people still wondering if it happened is far better than him proving it was a lie. 

5 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

He has no choice at this time.  If he admits he lied, his career is over.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

He has no choice at this time.  If he admits he lied, his career is over.

Maybe....if this is indeed made up and the truth finally come out I dont necessarily think it's a career killer. He'll just say he made a mistake, seek some type of counseling and all will be forgiven. He should be charged and held accountable as well if the story isn't true.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

C’mon I can think of dozens of bigger stunts than this that didn’t crush careers.

Ray Lewis as one of the Poster Boys for the NFL (as I sit watching Super Bowl pre-game in Atlanta) comes to mind. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.