Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

There are two persons of interest on camera,  unfortunately I dont think all the video enhancement technology in the world is going to help identify them. They look to be wrapped up like mummies because of the weather as you mentioned. 

The person's of interest are not suspects. They are being considered potential witnesses since they happen to be close to the area. The police could not find any video evidence and have moved on to finding people that might have been close enough to see/hear/suspect something.

This has HOAX written all over it.

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Who says "MAGA country"?  Maybe a leftie trying to frame a group they don't like?

This is something a lefty would think a conservative would say when telling Republican ghost stories inside their bubble.

I'm surprised they didn't yell "build the wall!"

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If this was a hoax, it should be easily identified as one, right? Investigators can tell from the injuries if they were self-inflicted...they'll inspect the scene for disturbances and other evidence. They'll get reports from the hospital staff.

You'd have to be pretty crazy to attempt this.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

If this was a hoax, it should be easily identified as one, right? Investigators can tell from the injuries if they were self-inflicted...they'll inspect the scene for disturbances and other evidence. They'll get reports from the hospital staff.

It all fits a supported narrative.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

It appears he was assaulted. That part I believe. I'm skeptical about his story though. It seems way over the top.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

What are the holes?

I'll need to read more about this later. Sounds like an intense situation. Could get crazy.

Chicago is full of video cameras.  They show nothing.  Then later the guy says he was on the phone with his manager, during the attack.  The police ask for the phones, so they can confirm the time of the incident, and the "victim" say no? ?    

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Chicago is full of video cameras.  They show nothing.  Then later the guy says he was on the phone with his manager, during the attack.  The police ask for the phones, so they can confirm the time of the incident, and the "victim" say no? ?    

Sounds like they still need to ask the manager for his phone records and go through more camera footage. Something should surface one way or the other. I get the apprehension to hand over your phone records. Personally, I wouldn't care. Could they get warrant for the phone records? Or can they only do that if they suspect a hoax and pivot the investigation back towards Smollett as a suspect?

What we know so far: (bits and pieces from several articles.)?

-2)Jussie's concert has sold 20% of seating 1 week before incident

-1)Threatening letters and crushed asparin are mailed to Empire studio.

-experts believe that the letter was either pasted together by a 4yr-old, or someone who watches too much television.

1)Smollett decides to go out for food in Chicago. It's below 0F. -22F to -40F windchill.

2)Jussie passes two homeless people. CPD release their picture as "persons of interest." 1:45AM

3)He buys a sandwich at Subway. Takes sandwich with him. 2:00AM.

4)On the street outside friend's apartment building, he enters a camera blind spot. Still holding sandwich, while talking to Manager on cellphone

5)Jussie fights off attackers. Conflicting reports on whether he used frozen club sandwich as defensive weapon.

-Jussie commented that the fight was so vicious, that he was BITTEN during the struggle.

6)One minute later he WALKS back into camera view wearing a noose, like a neck tie. Re-emerging on camera just outside the building.

7)Jussie casually walks inside the building. Seen on camera still holding sandwich. Passes building security who notice nothing unusual.

8)Jussie then calls manager to come over. There is a time crunch issue here, unless the Manager was already at/near apartment.

9)His friend, Gatson, wants to call police. Jussie is reluctant to do so, but keeps the noose on his neck, just in case he changes his mind.

10)Sandwich is allegedly eaten during this discussion, destroying possible evidence. Dressing may have dripped on noose.

11)Manager arrives and calls the cops. 2:40AM. Conflicting reports from 15mins to 2hrs for police to arrive after call.

12)Jussie tells the officers to turn off their body cameras, or he won't let them inside the apartment. They comply.

13)Police report that Jussie is still wearing the noose around his neck. He has worn it a minimum of 1 hour.

14)Jussie describes 2 assailants wearing ski masks and gloves. Couldn't identify race or gender.

15)Jussie refuses to go to the hospital, but eventually agrees to take himself per police request. Gatson says  he drove Jussie there.

16)Hospital report shows minor injuries. Swollen lip, cut on cheek. Released shortly after arrival.

17)Lee Daniels (Empire producer)recieves video of Jussie in the Hospital, then leaks it to TMZ including "MAGA country", hats, etc.

18)Seeing the TMZ article, police go back to question Jussie a second time.

-Jussie adds that two white men recognized him, asked him if he was from Empire, then yelled homophobic/racist slurs to his previous police report.

19)Manager backs up Jussie, saying that he heard it himself since he was on the phone with his client at the time of the attack.

20)Police, previously unaware of phone conversation, asks for their phones to check the story; Both refuse.

21)13 officers/4 FBI pour over 100's of hours of video. Area is deserted. No moving vehicles, or people in hats, or carrying containers, or running.

22)Jussie releases statement that TMZ article was not completely true. They yelled "MAGA country", but didn't wear hats.

23)CPD releases report; does not mention "MAGA country" taunt. "Unknown chemical" used.

24)Jussie releases statement that he will provide police with records, but not his phone. 1 week later, has yet to provide either.

25)Neighbor reports seeing 3 "rednecks" at 1230 am outside apartment building, but does not match description made by Jussie.

26)Jussie makes first public appearance 1 week after attack. Performs intricate dance moves despite alleged injuries. Concert is sold out.

27)CPD subpoenas Jussie's phone and records.

28)Noose is reported to be clotheline, fresh from the package. Have identified brand. CPD searching local store videos, hoping to identify buyer.

29)CPD has requested an interview with Jussie for a 3rd time. Jussie is trying to find room on his schedule on Empire/recovery to comply.

30)Unconfirmed report that the noose was just a clothesline draped around the back of his neck, and resting on his shoulders.

Edit: it's JUssie, not Jessie!

Edit2: updated with latest

Edited by unbillievable
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, unbillievable said:

What we know so far: (bits and pieces from several articles.)?

1)Smollett decides to leave his hotel for food at 2AM. It's below 0F.

2)He grabs a sandwich at Subway

3)He is then seen on camera walking away from 2 persons of interest. Opposite directions.

4)15mins later he enters a camera blind spot

5)ONE minute later he WALKS back into camera view wearing a noose, like a neck tie.

-conflicting reports on whether it was made of rope, cloth, or string.

6)Jessie WALKS back to his hotel. Still wearing noose

7)45 minutes later police arrive to take a statement. Still wearing noose.

8)He tells the officers to turn off their body cameras. No footage is shot from police perspective.

8)Jessie makes the statement that he couldn't identify anything. All he saw were ski masks and gloves.

9)Jessie refuses to go to the hospital, but eventually agrees to take himself per police request.

10)Someone takes Video of Jessie in the Hospital, then leaks it to TMZ including "MAGA country", hats, etc.

-There are conflicting reports on whether this is where the use of Bleach first appears. Later articles change it to "unknown chemical"

11)Seeing the TMZ article, police go back to question Jessie a second time.

12)This time, Jessie includes the MAGA narrative, corroborating the TMZ article to the police.

13)His Manager shows up and backs up Jessie, saying that he heard it himself since he was on the phone with his client at the time of the attack.

14)Police asks for their phones to check the story and both refuse.

15)13 detectives pour over 100's of hours of video. Area is deserted. No one in Maga hats. No one carrying containers. No one entered or left the blind spot except Jessie.

16)Many speculate that the attackers might have remained in the blind spot, waiting with bleach and noose for unsuspecting black, gay, actors.

17)People living in Chicago say that if #16 is true, then police should search the area for frozen bodies wearing MAGA Hats.

LMAO!

TMZ is involved, gotta be a hoax... Why do peope do this, then they waste taxpayer $$$ with gov't getting involved... #15: Job Security I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-released-photos-persons-interest-072423567.html

52 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LMAO!

TMZ is involved, gotta be a hoax... Why do peope do this, then they waste taxpayer $$$ with gov't getting involved... #15: Job Security I guess.

Police Have Released Photos of 'Persons of Interest' in the Alleged Attack of Empire Actor Jussie Smollett

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LMAO!

I dont get people that are staging or doing things to try and make Trump and his people look bad. It's not necessary, he can do it all on his own and doesnt need help. The help only makes things worse cause it gives them something to use to prove their point that it's 'fake news' or the media making up things to take them down. Saying the were wearing MAGA hats or shouting it while beating him if not true just gives more ammo to their 'fake news' claims and makes the other side look worse.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I dont get people that are staging or doing things to try and make Trump and his people look bad. It's not necessary, he can do it all on his own and doesnt need help. The help only makes things worse cause it gives them something to use to prove their point that it's 'fake news' or the media making up things to take them down. Saying the were wearing MAGA hats or shouting it while beating him if not true just gives more ammo to their 'fake news' claims and makes the other side look worse.

I completely agree. That's my issue with the whole #metoo movement.  There are people coming out of the woodwork who are now traumatized because a dude went in for a kiss in 9th grade without explicitly asking for permission first. It devalues the claims of those who were actually assaulted or victimized. 

31 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Unless I missed something HUGE

I thought EII  was he talking state and local govt.   Like the Police and courts.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.