Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

On 1/31/2019 at 10:10 PM, LeGOATski said:

If this was a hoax, it should be easily identified as one, right? Investigators can tell from the injuries if they were self-inflicted...they'll inspect the scene for disturbances and other evidence. They'll get reports from the hospital staff.

You'd have to be pretty crazy to attempt this.

Or a clueless idiot leftist. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Doc said:

That he won't turn over his cell phone tells me he's lying.  Next thing you know, he'll destroy it.

That a celeb isn’t trying to hand over his phone to random officers is abiut the only part that made sense (and yea, I get the Brady joke but I’ve seen similar many places)

38 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

That a celeb isn’t trying to hand over his phone to random officers is abiut the only part that made sense (and yea, I get the Brady joke but I’ve seen similar many places)

"Random officers"?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

That he won't turn over his cell phone tells me he's lying.  Next thing you know, he'll destroy it.

You're giving me PTSD here....

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Haven't read the thread...but I assume you're all in agreement that this was a horrific assault and everyone who owns a MAGA hat is guilty by association, regardless of what the facts may or may not be?

The hate flows through this thread.

(insert image of Emperor Palpatine here)

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Haven't read the thread...but I assume you're all in agreement that this was a horrific assault and everyone who owns a MAGA hat is guilty by association, regardless of what the facts may or may not be?

I'm Kamala Harris and I approve this message.

16 hours ago, bbb said:

Next up for Kamala - outlawing train robberies! 

Just saying... If the whole town was in on it, especially the authorities, who's going to jail?  Especially in an era with weak Federal oversight.  ??  Who gets charged with murder?  I know you are not purposely trying to be obtuse.  It's very confusing.  You're looking at it from the 2019 eyes... Not with 1899 eyes.

I think you're still confusing the actual act of hanging vs. mob action that sometimes didn't result in certain death.  Did you understand what I quoted above?  I will quote it again below.  Lynching didn't always mean certain death.  There is a perception, a PERCEPTION that it did mean certain death.  I take from this statement that not all lynchings involved certain death.  I know, it's very confusing:

"...The perception is that a lynching always involved a certain means of death — whether by hanging or shooting or burning. ..."

The mob action was also a form of intimidation. 

Formal definition, which includes death.  What anti-lynching laws seem to have wanted to establish is criminalizing the mob action and acting without legal authority.

verb (used with object)

to put to death, especially by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority.

Can be confused
hang lynch (see synonym study at hang)
Edited by ExiledInIllinois

54 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I wonder how he confirmed they were random officers and not the officers assigned to investigate the allegations.

And for the guy making the allegations what are they but random officers? Y’all really hung on that word.

14 hours ago, MarkAF43 said:

I didn't even know who this guy was until I googled his name and apparently he was in the Mighty Ducks.  He was Terry Hall.  one third of the famed "Oreo" line from the movie.  

Thanks to you, I just learned that Fulton Reed went on to become Foggy Nelson from Daredevil. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

And for the guy making the allegations what are they but random officers? Y’all really hung on that word.

I don't think Smollet thinks they're random.  What I do think is that he's lying about being on the phone with his agent at the time of the alleged attack and he's not giving up his phone because it would prove that and destroy his case definitively.  Better to have the doubt.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.