Jussie Smallette (Alleged) Self Inflicted Hoax Assault

RaoulDuke79

10 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

So Jussie has worked with Kamala Harris to push an Anti-Lynchin' law (didn't know it was legal) the past year.

A day after the attack, Harris pushes the Bill for a vote in Congress.

Is that an actual law? It seems kind of redundant and obvious. How about an anti murder law? 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

• RaoulDuke79 changed the title to Jussie Smallette Assault
14 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

How many people will be shot and maybe killed while the police are wasting their time with this fool?

Good thing The Polar Vortex wobbled south and was around. In February 2014, it was cold in Chicago.  That month had lowest murder rate in Chicago since the 1950s!

Go Global Warming/Climate Change! A warming arctic causing a wobbly Polar Vortex is surpressing the murder rate in Chicago.

That's why this story is even more dubious sounding... When it gets cold, the murder and assault rate plummets with the temperatures.

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

So Jussie has worked with Kamala Harris to push an Anti-Lynchin' law (didn't know it was legal) the past year.

A day after the attack, Harris pushes the Bill for a vote in Congress.

Back when I heard about this when it was proposed I said Holy crap - lynching is legal??

On 1/31/2019 at 4:11 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

The more I learn about this incident,  the more something doesn't sit right with me. It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds. 

Seems like it's about time to change your thread title from 'assault' to 'hoax'.

25 minutes ago, bbb said:

Back when I heard about this when it was proposed I said Holy crap - lynching is legal??

Here is a good explanation:

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/georgia-lynch-mobs-devised-flimsy-reasons-for-taking-lives/DPNqpcG72DpJFUV6FLQnlI/

"...The perception is that a lynching always involved a certain means of death — whether by hanging or shooting or burning. .

“It’s not the method in which a person is killed, it’s the context in which they are killed,” said Hill, a professor of African and African-American studies at the University of Oklahoma. “That context is when the person is summarily, lethally and brutally punished for an alleged crime and denied due process of law. That cocktail of things is what we call a lynching. It’s less about being hung, shot or dragged to death.” ...

...In the early 1900s, at the height of lynchings in America, the NAACP tried repeatedly, and unsuccessfully, to persuade Congress to pass anti-lynching legislation..."

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Here is a good explanation:

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/georgia-lynch-mobs-devised-flimsy-reasons-for-taking-lives/DPNqpcG72DpJFUV6FLQnlI/

"...The perception is that a lynching always involved a certain means of death — whether by hanging or shooting or burning. .

“It’s not the method in which a person is killed, it’s the context in which they are killed,” said Hill, a professor of African and African-American studies at the University of Oklahoma. “That context is when the person is summarily, lethally and brutally punished for an alleged crime and denied due process of law. That cocktail of things is what we call a lynching. It’s less about being hung, shot or dragged to death.” ...

...In the early 1900s, at the height of lynchings in America, the NAACP tried repeatedly, and unsuccessfully, to persuade Congress to pass anti-lynching legislation..."

Isn't all of that covered under Hate Crime laws?

Even if it's redundant, I guess it's a harmless way to make some folks feel better. Like Obama's equal pay act.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Next up for Kamala - outlawing train robberies! 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Unconfirmed sources suggest that the scratch on Jussie's face was caused by the actor being hit by frozen cubes of Bleach". ?

I think, i'm done with reading articles on this story. It's too ridiculous at this point. More an SNL skit (or chapelle show).

The media is still pushing the assault (instead of hoax) narrative, but the reader comments are almost exclusively calling him a liar.

49 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

"Unconfirmed sources suggest that the scratch on Jussie's face was caused by the actor being hit by frozen cubes of Bleach". ?

I think, i'm done with reading articles on this story. It's too ridiculous at this point. More an SNL skit (or chapelle show).

The media is still pushing the assault (instead of hoax) narrative, but the reader comments are almost exclusively calling him a liar.

I'm sure you're interested in updates. Don't let it bother you too much. It's just a story we get to watch unfold from the sidelines.

Can't wait for the Netflix true crime series on this.

15 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Good thing The Polar Vortex wobbled south and was around. In February 2014, it was cold in Chicago.  That month had lowest murder rate in Chicago since the 1950s!

Go Global Warming/Climate Change! A warming arctic causing a wobbly Polar Vortex is surpressing the murder rate in Chicago.

That's why this story is even more dubious sounding... When it gets cold, the murder and assault rate plummets with the temperatures.

Think it was the weather or lack of targets?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.