Dolphins Plan to Tank

8 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

It's honestly not a bad plan considering where they are at. Puts them in good position to draft Justin Herbert who will likely be the #1 QB next year. if they were truly committed they should tank for 2021 and try to land Trevor Lawrence from Clemson.

no, the Pats* will be the ones to tank in 2021. ;)

8 hours ago, Jeetz1231 said:

It's honestly not a bad plan considering where they are at. Puts them in good position to draft Justin Herbert who will likely be the #1 QB next year. if they were truly committed they should tank for 2021 and try to land Trevor Lawrence from Clemson.

I don't get the love on Herbert.  I just see a way worse version of Josh Allen with P5 shine on him.

But I also firmly believe if Josh were at Oklahoma he would have been the #1 pick without question and Baker at Wyoming would have been a borderline 1st rounder.

The Bills, Jets and Dolphins can continue just playing mediocre football for the sake of putting a product on the field or they can get ready to fight it out amongst each other when the Patriots empire comes to an end.  

...and that will inevitably occur.  Every team goes through a life cycle of rebuilding and competiton.  All good things...  

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The same question could be asked if they decide to keep him

i think tannehill is a decent qb. he was better before the acl tear and other injuries cause he was an underrated runner.  he makes them better than the worst team in the league so if they were tanking they'd trade him

Tanking has worked for whom?  Even the 0-16 Lions in 2008 have never, despite taking Stafford, amounted to much.  Cleveland remains an incomplete, yet needed significant changes to their front office, coaching staff and two straight top picks to get to 7 wins.

No one,  not team management or a fan based has the patience to go through a major rebuild that lasts more than 2 seasons.  And that's why I think a lot of Bills fans are going to be disappointed in 2019 when it becomes clear that McBeane always saw this as a 4 year plan.  They need to totally overhaul the offense save QB and that'll take 2 years.     

14 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Tanking has worked for whom?  Even the 0-16 Lions in 2008 have never, despite taking Stafford, amounted to much.  Cleveland remains an incomplete, yet needed significant changes to their front office, coaching staff and two straight top picks to get to 7 wins.

No one,  not team management or a fan based has the patience to go through a major rebuild that lasts more than 2 seasons.  And that's why I think a lot of Bills fans are going to be disappointed in 2019 when it becomes clear that McBeane always saw this as a 4 year plan.  They need to totally overhaul the offense save QB and that'll take 2 years.     

You are right on about 2019 and Beane's approach.  Whaley and Ryan had destroyed the roster and the cap.  Beane knew it would take at least a couple of years to recover.

4 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

Don't do it.  Tannehill has only been in the league 6 years,  don't pull the plug now.  Just overspend on a few free agents and give it another whirl.  If anyone should think about tanking next year, it should be the Patriots.  Get rid of the coach and their over the hill QB.  Maybe they should pick up Tannehill if available.  Maybe an even trade with Miami for Brady.  Just offering suggestions, I doubt they'll listen.

So what you're saying is that hes basically still a rookie?