42 years ago today

Snow snow snow snow ❄️ ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was 10 and remember having maybe a 12 foot snowbank to slide down (compliments of a front loader that was clearing streets.  He helped us finish off the curtain).  

Days later the sidewalk plows came and made the hill a bit more entertaining with a sled.  

10?

I was 15. I recall the front of our house was covered by a snow drift that was as high as the roof top. couldn't get out the front door but was able to get out the back door.

made some good spending money shoveling walks and driveways.

I also had a tee shirt that read "I survived the blizzard of '77"

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

Also on this date:

"Challenger You are go at throttle up."

Damn that's right. I was in second grade. If anyone wants more details, read the book "No Downlink."

As for the Blizzard of '77,  who here owns the board game?! My parents still have it.

I lived on a corner growing up and we had a big, long, thick hedge row going from the house along the sidewalk back to the garage. This was maybe 30 feet long and like 6 feet high.  It formed a wall of bushes that was pretty solid.

After the blizzard, the entire hedgerow just disappeared under a snow drift, such that you would not have known it was there.

I was 6 at the time but have always remembered seeing that, then of course going outside for some epic snow fort making and playing in that stuff. 

We had a big roof over a large front porch.  I was climbing up onto the roof and then jumping off into the front yard....which was not very scary as the snow on the front yard was so deep.  I would get stuck in the stuff though, and it was hard to get out for the next jump.

I remember all this stuff very clearly, 42 years later!  I'm getting old!  

Edited by Nextmanup

10 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Damn that's right. I was in second grade. If anyone wants more details, read the book "No Downlink."

As for the Blizzard of '77,  who here owns the board game?! My parents still have it.

My old teacher created that game. I remember her telling us about it when she was marketing it back in the day

We played copies of it in class. I think she also marketed one for the November storm about a decade ago 

Edited by Buffalo716