Who were the most UNDERUTILIZED Bills in history

PUNT750

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

CJ Spiller is one, carried the ball only 74 times as a rookie, and was averaging 3.3 TOUCHES per game in 2011 until Fred got hurt. 

Gailey capped him with the timeshare in 2012. 

I never understood why the first pick of the Nix era had no plan. The Bills never used him. 

...not sure if I remember correctly, but weren't both Spiller and Roscoe dubbed as "luxury picks", with neither really having defined roles after drafted?.....probably wrong...

12 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Marcus Easley. Special teams ace and pre-season stud with 3 career receptions and 1 TD over 6 seasons. I always believed (and still do) that he could have been a good receiver if he would have been given an opportunity. It also would have helped if he could have stayed healthy a bit more.

There were times during his tenure where wr Corp was thin and he still was not productive.  I think he like Tasker got opportunities but never did anything to earn more. 

It’s hard to speak on this without personal expierience watching, and since I started watching during the drought, my vote would be Robert Woods.

part of that is QB play, but we used him as a possession player and then let him go, where the Rams have found a very solid complete WR.

43 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...not sure if I remember correctly, but weren't both Spiller and Roscoe dubbed as "luxury picks", with neither really having defined roles after drafted?.....probably wrong...

With both Lynch and Freddie already on the roster, Spiller was certainly a luxury pick we could not afford. Roscoe and Everett were picked to give Losman some weapons besides Evans, give the new franchise quarterback every chance to succeed.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Logic said:

Underused? I'm not sure.

OVERused? It's gotta be Shaud Williams.

Every time the Bills were in 3rd and a mile, Mularkey would call a draw play to Shaud Williams. Every time.

I still have nightmares about it.

And boy, were there a lot of those third-and-a-mile draw plays to ol' Shaud. Good grief.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The whole situation was flawed from a logic sense. The Bills had Marshawn Lynch.

and Fred Jackson, but maintened that Spiller would be utilized as well.

Chan Gailey called for a “water bug” RB and then when he got one at #9 overall, there was no plan to actually use that player. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Marcus Easley. Special teams ace and pre-season stud with 3 career receptions and 1 TD over 6 seasons. I always believed (and still do) that he could have been a good receiver if he would have been given an opportunity. It also would have helped if he could have stayed healthy a bit more.

Oooh, that's a good one. I recall he finally got an opportunity down near the end zone and made that TD catch. The bigger WR we needed! Then he promptly suffered his bad knee injury and the dream ended. Too bad.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/17/2019 at 10:04 PM, Ol Dirty B said:

It's probably recency bias... but Robert Woods? 

Dont agree with Tasker at all. He maxed out his abilities, he wasn't a good WR in my opinion. 

CJ Spiller to an extent could be one. He had a confusing career in terms of trying to explain why it was what it was.

Right about Tasker, I mean what did Jim Kelly know about WRs. Kelly was also reported the bet any DB in camp and practice that they couldn't cover Tasker. Also praised his hands. But yeah, Kelly didn't know crap about WRs.....jeez...

I keep coming with guys who kept getting injured so that might be why. I thoigh think a guy from 90s that i remember catching well out of backfield but not getting ball much was Sam Gash- he hit guys so hard on the run plays they generally left him wide open on pass plays. My memory migjt be distorted but i think i am right.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The whole situation was flawed from a logic sense. The Bills had Marshawn Lynch.

and Fred Jackson, but maintened that Spiller would be utilized as well.

Chan Gailey called for a “water bug” RB and then when he got one at #9 overall, there was no plan to actually use that player. 

It would have helped if said #9 pick was any good.

19 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Yes but neither had the "luxury"  of being a good football player. They were both simply idiotic picks and to this day I believed that Mr. Wilson wanted these players because they were "flashy" and he thought that they would increase fan interest.

You know, the NFL Drafts were the most under utilized thing by the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1