Astro's BIlls scouts top vists as of 1/3/19

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Remind me why Astro doesn't post here anymore? Was there a fall out with SDS or something?

That's how I recollect it. I think there may also have been some bad actors who trolled him. It's really too bad.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Remind me why Astro doesn't post here anymore? Was there a fall out with SDS or something?

I’ll second that. Guy was a good contributor to the board. I remember a disagreement over something but can’t recall. 

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not quite sure why they're wasting their time scouting Bosa. I suppose they were doing so before the final draft slots. Glad to see they're looking at Marquise Brown. 

Trades can happen. Anyway, if you’re in the top ten have to do your due diligence. Bosa hasn’t played since what, September sometime ? It’s been awhile as you mentioned. TCU game I think. 

Just now, Just Joshin' said:

Other OSU players?

That could very well be the case, but Bosa hasn't played in quite awhile. It makes sense they were looking at him a couple of months ago now that I think about it. The list is informative but obviously incomplete. 

7 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not quite sure why they're wasting their time scouting Bosa. I suppose they were doing so before the final draft slots. Glad to see they're looking at Marquise Brown. 

You never know who can fall on draft day.

Round 1 Pick 16 2018 NFL Draft

Trumaine Edmonds was the top LB on some boards.

• Like (+1) 1

So, a scout (or scouts) went to 3 or more ALA games. That doesn’t mean they were focused on EVERY ALA player on that list. There is really know way to know (unless the scout stupidly tells you) which players on a given team they are focused on. This goes for every college team. 

I’m pretty sure Bills’ scouts went to multiple ALA games last year but weren’t focused on Robert Foster at the time. Also, attending a game involves 2 teams so focusing on players on one public draft board is just arbitrary.

i do miss Astro though. :(

Edited by BisonMan
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Other OSU players?

My assumption is that he has info on schools visited, and then simply names players from those schools.   There are indeed other prospects who played at Ohio State, including WR - Parris Campbell, DT - Dre'mont Jones, and CB - Kendall Sheffield.

Edited by TigerJ

Astro seems like a great guy and I love reading his twitter and training camp  notes but I think too much gets made of this scout visit list..

Taron Johnson said after last years draft that he had no contact with the Bills at any time during the pre draft process and he had no idea that they had any interest in him..

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

I like Holyfield. I see in Baltimore how the power run game has helped Jackson as a runner. May help Allen as well.

Biggest knock I have on him is he doesn't catch many balls, but team him up with McCoy, maybe look into Tevin Coleman and get a RB stable with diverse talents that can make it harder to game plan for...much like the Pats do. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Astro seems like a great guy and I love reading his twitter and training camp  notes but I think too much gets made of this scout visit list..

Taron Johnson said after last years draft that he had no contact with the Bills at any time during the pre draft process and he had no idea that they had any interest in him..

Happens quite a bit with the lower round picks. The list being looked at is more about the early round guys.