Jerry Hughes 5th in league in total pressures in 2018

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The stats, although impressive, don't indicate how important these individual players are to their linemates and teams because they are drawing extra attention and still putting on pressure. The acquisition of Hughes has been one of the best deals this franchise has made in its history. It was a felonious theft. Although sometimes he loses control of his emotions and gets penalized for it, he never lacks in giving maximum effort. I hope the Bills can soon take a step up and be a more serious team so Jerry can get the attention he deserves for his consistently good play. 

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The stats, although impressive, don't indicate how important these individual players are to their linemates and teams because they are drawing extra attention and still putting on pressure. The acquisition of Hughes has been one of the best deals this franchise has made in its history. It was a felonious theft. Although sometimes he loses control of his emotions and gets penalized for it, he never lacks in giving maximum effort. I hope the Bills can soon take a step up and be a more serious team so Jerry can get the attention he deserves for his consistently good play. 

Completely agree

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I thought he did a pretty good job keeping it in check this year.

• Like (+1) 1

On the list above it seems that holding was called the lowest percentage of the time when against Hughes.  When Watt or Donald were held - it was called at a much higher percentage of the time.  Seems a memo went out to opposing Ds letting them know that it is OK to Hold Hughes and not worry about the flags. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My lord Aaron Donald might retire as the greatest interior lineman of all time.  He’s only what...about 27 right now?

I know, right?

Jeepers creepers, Royale.  I don't even have to know how much the Rams paid for him (although, I believe it is second to Mack in Chicago), I just know that automatically it is money well spent.

• Like (+1) 1

Because of Jerry's poor relationship with the refs of the league,  opposing tackles know they can get away with murder. No player in this league had more holdings ignored by the refs. And barring Jerry buying every ref a new car, it's probably never going to change. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2