Reed83HOF

Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

...realistically think either Brown or Bell fit the McDermott Doctrine that we>me?........cranky divas need not apply IMO............

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...realistically think either Brown or Bell fit the McDermott Doctrine that we>me?........cranky divas need not apply IMO............

Personally I wouldn't want to take them at all. But for anyone, I think it only makes sense to take them if you think they can help 'put you over the top' to be a legit superbowl contender.

19 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Yeah it's not a good fit for us one bit. But I'll be very interested in his career going forward. I think he'll be just fine and have playoff success on good teams.

He also might always hold a team back from going all the way for many reasons but I think he makes many of the better landing spots for him a contender.

Don't know if it's a possibility, but the Rams are the type to take this gamble.. maybe they shed a Suh and Cooks contract or something and got him. They've been more than willing on mortgaging the future in picks and contracts for troubled talent, plus he'd be getting a quarterback getting better in his 4th year and providing his best offense yet. His best landing spot IMO.

Could Chi swing it? I could see them doubling down on their window if they have the chips/cap to do it

23 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Personally I wouldn't want to take them at all. But for anyone, I think it only makes sense to take them if you think they can help 'put you over the top' to be a legit superbowl contender.

...certainly agree and either or both could do that......but I just don't see McDermott letting his guard down to amend "the process" as far as WE>ME......strictly opinion.....

1 hour ago, Nikademus said:

Could Chi swing it? I could see them doubling down on their window if they have the chips/cap to do it

I think Bell to the Colts would be a slam dunk.. of course the emergence of Marlon Mack makes that a tougher call. Bell to the Packers or Seahawks is a good fit as well.

Troubled players of such talent are absolutely worth going for in a limited win now window. Not exactly the position the Bills are in or should pursue.. although Bell is much less a headcase than Brown and would make our offense amazing overnight.. and perhaps give us the exact same window provided JA is who we think he is (AND USES HIS RB FOR ONCE IN THE PASSING GAME lol)

I'd have to wait and see if JA likes his RBs in the passing game so as not to waste Bell's talents for the pay he'd demand though. JA seems to just need a bevy of good to great -not necessarily elite- WRs, possession guys and elusive route runners is the book I have on him so far to maximize his talent. He spreads the ball and fires fast balls to anybody and everybody that needs the route running skills and hands to catch it. We need like.. 4 Fosters, maybe 2 Fosters and 2 Agholors or Coopers. That and simply a non-JA oriented running game complete with a passable OL (doesn't need to be the best in the league IMO of JA's skillset)

Ultimately finding out what skill position players JA needs to maximize his strengths and cover his flaws is something that needs figured out.. and I think that's running game (easy fix IMO) and superb route runners along Amari Cooper's level.. like a lot of those guys (much harder fix). But who knows, maybe next year he'll show a better picture on how his tendencies are best utilized.. think Nick Foles needing an Alshon Jeffrey for his tendency for jump balls, or Wentz needing the penultimate safety blanket in Ertz.. One WR is much more valuable to one QB than the other. Goff is Brady esque on his penchant for slot type Cooper Kupp rather than burners. Big Ben is fantastic with his RBs on broken plays in the pass catching game.. not every quarterback fully utilizes elite WRs of a certain ilk, TEs, or waterbug RBs.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P
  • Thanks! (+1) 1