Kyle Williams: Officially Retires

Clemfield2622

11 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

The ranking for career Buffalo Bill DT's is:

1. Tom Sestak

2. Kyle Williams

3. Fred Smerlas

So Kyle is essentially a guaranteed Wall of Famer.

As far as his league-wide reputation goes, it's interesting to note that he's finishing 183rd at the moment in official NFL career sacks. The vast majority of the 182 in front of him are DE's and pass-rushing OLB's, so I don't know how he ranks exactly as a pass-rushing DT in the league. But it's probably very respectable.

Ted Washington is wondering "WTF"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

1. Tom Sestak

2. Kyle Williams

3. Fred Smerlas

As far as his league-wide reputation goes, it's interesting to note that he's finishing 183rd at the moment in official NFL career sacks. The vast majority of the 182 in front of him are DE's and pass-rushing OLB's, so I don't know how he ranks exactly as a pass-rushing DT in the league. But it's probably very respectable.

I can't find a list anywhere, but he seems to be in the 15-20 range as far as all time DT sack leaders.

John Randle had 140! I know he was primarily a pass rushing DT, but that's crazy. I don't think Kyle is HOF worthy, but he certainly deserves to be honored by the team in every conceivable way.

13 minutes ago, MichaelAbdallah said:

1. Tom Sestak

2. Kyle Williams

3. Fred Smerlas

Ted Washington was better than all of these players. Granted, he only spent 6 years on the Bills, but in all of those years the Bills' D ranged from above average to elite. 

4 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ted Washington is wondering "WTF"?

He didn't spend the majority of his career with the Bills, so I don't consider him among the "career Buffalo Bill DT's."

Having said that, he was the best 3-4 DT we ever had and one of my very favorite players during the Wade Phillips era. 

3 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

I thought he kept saying he’d wait til after the season? 

I like the way they handled it, announcing before the final game, which is at home. Gives us the chance to give him the love he deserves. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mattynh said:

he changed his mind.....not to mention isnt the season kind of over?  I mean yeah there is one game to go but its basically over.

Watching McDermott get totally outclassed on the sideline by Belichick for the 4th consecutive time on Sunday my thought turned to Kyle Williams seeing that and figuring winning next year seems too unlikely to make all that hard work worthwhile.    That was a BAD loss.   Wouldn't be surprised if that tipped the scale.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 1