Kyle Williams: Officially Retires

Clemfield2622

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Watching McDermott get totally outclassed on the sideline by Belichick for the 4th consecutive time on Sunday my thought turned to Kyle Williams seeing that and figuring winning next year seems too unlikely to make all that hard work worthwhile.    That was a BAD loss.   Wouldn't be surprised if that tipped the scale.

He waited a very long time for this organization to put a good team around him and it never happened. I'll always tip my hat to Kyle for being such a class act and working so hard and never being a malcontent like some of these other players. His leadership will truly be missed.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Ted Washington was better than all of these players. Granted, he only spent 6 years on the Bills, but in all of those years the Bills' D ranged from above average to elite. 

I think given the large gap in eras that Sestak is debatable. He would be my #1, then Ted and then a big drop-off to Smerlas. Nevertheless, happy trails and thanks to Kyle, one of the best players from the Drought Era.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Watching McDermott get totally outclassed on the sideline by Belichick for the 4th consecutive time on Sunday my thought turned to Kyle Williams seeing that and figuring winning next year seems too unlikely to make all that hard work worthwhile.    That was a BAD loss.   Wouldn't be surprised if that tipped the scale.

McDermott was SERIOUSLY outcoached last Sunday. It was as bad as I've ever seen for him. A low point. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BMWR100RT said:

My son made the All Greater Rochester team in 2016. Jack Eichel and Kyle were the features speakers at the banquet. Jack was really good, but after Kyle spoke I swear I myself wanted to tackle somebody. He may have a future in coaching.

With him retiring to spend more time with his family, I'd venture a guess that he'll do something else. 

4 minutes ago, BMWR100RT said:

My son made the All Greater Rochester team in 2016. Jack Eichel and Kyle were the features speakers at the banquet. Jack was really good, but after Kyle spoke I swear I myself wanted to tackle somebody. He may have a future in coaching.

He should take a Dline coaching job at LSU.   Work his way up.

In five years he's head coach.   

On 12/28/2018 at 11:49 AM, dave mcbride said:

McDermott was SERIOUSLY outcoached last Sunday. It was as bad as I've ever seen for him. A low point. 

McDermott didn’t get out Coached the players like Zay Jones (......)How he avoided any suspensions and or disciplinary measures after partying with his brother

Mod note:  Dude.  Somewhere else.  Not now, Not here.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
thread hijacking

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He doesn't need the money. He's very, very rich. 

Yeah I didn't mean take a job to pay the bills.

He's not the kind of guy to sit around, that's the worst way to use money.  It's not like he needed it this year either. 

Kyle strikes me as a Pride of Purpose guy.

He's always talked fondly of LSU, I have a feeling coaching is in his future.  Seems like a logical place to start.

45 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

One of the best Bills defensive linemen of the team’s modern era.  Kyle has slipped a little but is still playing at a good level.  Glad to see he is calling it a day, while he still can play.

Can't stop yourself from sneaking in a little jab, eh? :censored:

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

Yeah I didn't mean take a job to pay the bills.

He's not the kind of guy to sit around, that's the worst way to use money.  It's not like he needed it this year either. 

Kyle strikes me as a Pride of Purpose guy.

He's always talked fondly of LSU, I have a feeling coaching is in his future.  Seems like a logical place to start.

I again question this coaching idea with him retiring to spend time with his young children.

• Like (+1) 1