Kyle Williams: Officially Retires

Clemfield2622

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think the drafting of Harrison Philips then bringing in the other Phillips the writing was on the wall.

And then last week when he handed off the running of the Defense’s meetings to Edmunds.

McDermott will really miss him.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Watching McDermott get totally outclassed on the sideline by Belichick for the 4th consecutive time on Sunday my thought turned to Kyle Williams seeing that and figuring winning next year seems too unlikely to make all that hard work worthwhile.    That was a BAD loss.   Wouldn't be surprised if that tipped the scale.

I tend to doubt it

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I tend to doubt it

Oh it's more than clear that there are a ton of Bills fans who can't eat enough sh*t sandwiches.    There is always next year for fans.

For a highly competitive.....and very wealthy....guy like KW.......coming back for a final season of LIKELY getting embarrassed by Belichick again probably wouldn't be too appealing.

That coaching job last Sunday had McDermott looking like a beaten stooge.......all that was missing was Sean saying "He can take hisn' and beat yourn' or yourn' and beat hisn'".

Good luck to KW........on the golf course his results won't be at the mercy of Bills ownership or GM's and coaches and QB's. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Watching McDermott get totally outclassed on the sideline by Belichick for the 4th consecutive time on Sunday my thought turned to Kyle Williams seeing that and figuring winning next year seems too unlikely to make all that hard work worthwhile.    That was a BAD loss.   Wouldn't be surprised if that tipped the scale.

.Yep.

This is precisely why he decided to retire. Excellent insight into the mind.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh it's more than clear that there are a ton of Bills fans who can't eat enough sh*t sandwiches.    There is always next year for fans.

For a highly competitive.....and very wealthy....guy like KW.......coming back for a final season of LIKELY getting embarrassed by Belichick again probably wouldn't be too appealing.

That coaching job last Sunday had McDermott looking like a beaten stooge.......all that was missing was Sean saying "He can take hisn' and beat yourn' or yourn' and beat hisn'".

Good luck to KW........on the golf course his results won't be at the mercy of Bills ownership or GM's and coaches and QB's. 

And that is all totally different than the first 13 years of his career?   He just now realizes they cant beat NE?   You seem butt hurt over last week though, not sure why, what exactly did you expect?

Kyle will probably never read this but in case he does....

Thank you Kyle Williams for being one of the few bright spots on this team for so long.  I am sad to see you retire, but am glad you got to at least experience one playoff game after such a long career here.

7 hours ago, mattynh said:

he changed his mind.....not to mention isnt the season kind of over?  I mean yeah there is one game to go but its basically over.

On John Murphy today he said he would have rather done that and just rode off into the sunset. Coach and Beane and the Pegs said the fans deserved his going out this way instead.

23 minutes ago, mattynh said:

And that is all totally different than the first 13 years of his career?   He just now realizes they cant beat NE?   You seem butt hurt over last week though, not sure why, what exactly did you expect?

It's different because he's a year older, wealthier and wiser.............and yeah I think he probably "just now" realizes McDermott can't beat Belichick.........Belichick owns him in a way he didn't own Marrone or Rex or Gailey.........I mean even Jauron almost won a game in NE...........McD hasn't even been competitive against him at a time when the Pats are the most vulnerable they've been since the early 2000's.   They hadn't even scored a single offensive touchdown against NE since McD took over until that last minute garbage timer Sunday.  4 games without a TD! ?

What did I expect?   With NE reeling from two straight losses I expected the Bills to be able to be competitive with a division rival.    You know, like the Dolphins always are once a year at least.    But what was really surprising was how disinterested/lethargic the Pats seemed and yet how easily they blew the "deer in headlights" Bills out.   That simply should not have happened.

You want to call that butt hurt........yeah my guess is you take the losses a lot harder than me.   It's all entertainment to me but I call it as I see it.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Who is that going to leave as longest tenured Bill now? It’s crazy how new everyone is and will be. It would almost have to be Hughes?

I had to check and you are right.  Jerry is in his 6th year with the Bills.

The longest drafted player is ..................hold on to your hat....................................G John Miller in the 2015 draft.

After Miller leaves it will be Shaq Lawson from the 2016 draft.

Bills average age will be a lot younger to start next year too.