I don't believe in the 3 year plan happening in '19

PUNT750

I really can’t believe the 3 year re-build plan for the Bills will have much success in 2019.  Regardless of 10 draft picks and $90 mil in cap space it doesn’t make sense.

Realistically we need new, quality;   O Lineman (3), WR (3), RB (2), LB (1), TE (1), DB (1), DL (1) 

That’s 12 total to be competitive!!

We’re going to have to over-pay for quality, top tier free-agents to come to Buffalo.  We all know the risks with drafts picks in their rookie seasons (Zay Jones, Teller, McCloud and even Edmunds).  It just doesn’t happen.

I love believing in the PROCESS but with a young, raw QB who is still unproven while trying to blend a plethora of new players into a competent NFL team seems unrealistic.  It may sell tickets but not win a lot of games.

GO BILLS!
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

I really can’t believe the 3 year re-build plan for the Bills will have much success in 2019.  Regardless of 10 draft picks and $90 mil in cap space it doesn’t make sense.

Realistically we need new, quality;   O Lineman (3), WR (3), RB (2), LB (1), TE (1), DB (1), DL (1) 

We’re going to have to over-pay for quality, top tier free-agents to come to Buffalo.  We all know the risks with drafts picks in their rookie seasons (Zay Jones, Teller, McCloud and even Edmunds).  It just doesn’t happen.

I love believing in the PROCESS but with a young, raw QB who is still unproven while trying to blend a plethora of new players into a competent NFL team seems unrealistic.  It may sell tickets but not win a lot of games.

GO BILLS!

They dont need all that to be competitive. With 2 good o-linemen and a WR alone they can compete.

They need more than but with that they can compete.  Specially if you assume, logically, that you will have a second year improved Allen and Foster 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

They dont need all that to be competitive. With 2 good o-linemen and a WR alone they can compete.

They need more than but with that they can compete.  Specially if you assume, logically, that you will have a second year improved Allen and Foster 

Oh so now 2019 is just be able to compete year. When do we actually become a top tier contender? 2020? 2021? How long do we have to wait? This BS tear down thingy was BS and unneeded if we aren't going to be competative until 2020 or later. Uncalled for when we made the playoffs in 2017, with Rex players at that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Oh so now 2019 is just be able to compete year. When do we actually become a top tier contender? 2020? 2021? How long do we have to wait? This BS tear down thingy was BS and unneeded if we aren't going to be competative until 2020 or later. Uncalled for when we made the playoffs in 2017, with Rex players at that.

That's the problem with this 'plan'.  Nothing but words.  Look at the facts of the players on the field.  We're a mess.

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I'd say just punt 2019 away, but Darr would likely shank that too. Might as well just go for it and see what happens.

I'd like to know if Crossman brought him in??  What a mess.  He can't punt, he's slow to get the punt off - and - he can't hold the ball for the place kicker!!!  Who's running the show??

11 minutes ago, pop gun said:

Was the 2017 team built for consistent success though?  I don't think it was.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Was the 2017 team built for consistent success though?  I don't think it was.

The only truly significant losses were two offensive lineman. Not quite sure why they regressed so much. You'd think with a better QB and a year in McDermott's defensive system, they'd improve enough in other areas to make up for those losses and even build on that modicum of success.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

Nothing like a Bluto thread to rile up the natives... lmao

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So what should we do then?

Just give up on 2019 already?

No, just call it a rebuild year and get excited that losses = better draft picks

Just like everyone's been saying we should be doing for the last 20 years or so.....

32 minutes ago, Magox said:

But being competitive isnt good enough. If tour not a SB contender you are supposed to tank and get the best Draft pick......

I think the OP has a point, although there’s no need to be so negative.

Next year there will be a big influx of new talent; some from the draft, and some as free agents. 

With a large influx of new teammates, it will take time for the team to gel. 

Next year may start off a little rough, but if the talent is any good, the team should get better pretty quickly.

It may take until the 2020 season for the team to start to be dominant on a regular basis. 

Of course the talent evaluators and the coaches have to be good at their jobs for any of this to play out. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So what should we do then?

Just give up on 2019 already?

Carry on as like the last 20 years

thank goodness I saw Juice and Kelly in their prime, I’d would be brutal without these memories

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The only truly significant losses were two offensive lineman. Not quite sure why they regressed so much. You'd think with a better QB and a year in McDermott's defensive system, they'd improve enough in other areas to make up for those losses and even build on that modicum of success.

3 - Richie, Wood and Glenn

As for why they regressed.... hard to say, but it's not often rookies consistently contribute to success, we rely of a few rookies. Other teams draft and get free agents as well, so in order to improve we need to also do more than other teams. We didn't. Lots of heavy lifting yet to do for Beane. Let's hope he makes some good moves.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Next year there will be a big influx of new talent; some from the draft, and some as free agents. 

Next year may start off a little rough, but if the talent is any good, the team should get better pretty quickly.

It may take until the 2020 season for the team to start to be dominant on a regular basis. 

Of course the talent evaluators and the coaches have to be good at their jobs for any of this to play out. 

McBeane have so much of "there" galant on this roster and the team is worse.

10 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

...realistically?....of course......and then watch the yipsters cause this place to implode......hell, the over/under on "...FIRE..." threads is probably 41,874............

• Haha (+1) 1