Tremaine Edmunds: He was the worst player on the field Dec 23 (vs NE)

BADOLBILZ

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He was awful today.

Worst player on the field.

He's been poor most of the season and I think today was on par with or as bad as he's been all season.

Critically poor instincts........big target who can't get off blocks.........not strong or physical enough.......poor leverage........doesn't move well thru traffic........doesn't make plays in a scheme where he should be making a ton of them.

He's young........yeah........but this isn't the QB position.......good MLB's are almost without exception tremendous right out of the gate.

Don't be surprised if he's at OLB next season folks.

You can’t have a MLB that is afraid to come down hill. He would be a much better fit at OLB, he is a liability inside.

11 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Exactly.  I think they'll add ten pounds to him in the offseason either way, and the kid can start camp inside with another solid rookie prospect or free agent competing for the middle.

His strengths are tackles in the flat, batted balls, and running/covering side to side.  Weakness is power n leverage at point of attack and shedding blocks.

We got Milano late, and Taron.  Look for *****/McD to move on an MLB in 4th or 5th round (our double pick rounds).

I say no to another rookie.  Bills need a FA that has actually played the middle. 

Stanford is not an experienced MLB.  He's got a total of 64 combined tackles in 6 years.  He's a ST player.

When you think about it Edmunds doesn't even have a player on the roster who he can get advice from.

32 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

I know what I am seeing and I also know that Edmunds has a long way to go.  I think you will see enourmous growth next year.  

What's the frame of reference?

Curious what starting rookie MLB was terrible in.....let's say the past 20 years.........and then went that "long way" and became outstanding the next season?

I’m starting to think picks 8-10 in this draft ILB Devin White LSU might be in play.

I get it. Bills needs OL but I think that will come through FA. Plus at 10 Devin White May be the BPA. That would allow Edmunds, Milano and D White to play anywhere. All three are 3 down LBs. You can line up any of them anywhere.

But man do the Bills need to improve the pass rush as well. That’s another card in play 8-10.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What's the frame of reference?

Curious what starting rookie MLB was terrible in.....let's say the past 20 years.........and then went that "long way" and became outstanding the next season?

The Vikings Eric Kendricks is a prime example of someone who developed into a MLB. He started only playing in the nickel and by many reports had physical talent but was slow to read and react. He has become one of the better starters in the league in 3 years. 

Preston Brown is also a good example of someone who has grown into the role. In recent times.

9 minutes ago, wppete said:

It seems like he doesn’t like contact and is not a very physical guy despite his size. I feel your MLB should be the most physical guy out there. I wonder if a move to WLB or even DE on passing downs is a better position for him. 

He got a pretty bad concussion trying to tackle a fullback head up and missed a game and since then he's appeared to be much more contact shy.

Julian Stanford outplayed him in his absence.

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I agree, it's time to be worried about him.

I’m certainly concerned, but I’m not willing to panic. This is a year of growth. Am I thrilled? Of course not! Might he better outside? Maybe. Too soon to be too sure of anything. 

2 minutes ago, Lenigmusx said:

The Vikings Eric Kendricks is a prime example of someone who developed into a MLB. He started only playing in the nickel and by many reports had physical talent but was slow to read and react. He has become one of the better starters in the league in 3 years. 

Preston Brown is also a good example of someone who has grown into the role. In recent times.

Preston Brown is a good example of the opposite of Edmunds......a LB who was playing efficiently and near his ceiling as a rookie.

That's the norm really.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Preston Brown is a good example of the opposite of Edmunds......a LB who was playing efficiently and near his ceiling as a rookie.

That's the norm really.

He's going to be our starting MLB next year. He certainly did struggle in making the right reads and getting in the right gap on plenty of plays. This was his learning year as it was for the qb. I agree with you that in general Stanford outplayed Edmunds. But it shouldn't be surprising that a five year veteran sometimes outplayed a rookie at a challenging position. What's also obvious is that Edmunds has much more raw/physical talent than Stanford has and that with experience he is going to be an exponentially better player. That's why the rookie is getting extensive playing time than the veteran player. You might not acknowledge the obvious but by playing the more mistake prone rookie now it will in the not too distant long run will pay off more than playing a pedestrian veteran. 

If your logic was carried out of comparing rookies to veterans and playing the less mistake prone player the Bills would be starting Barkley over Allen. Edmunds is a good fit for McDermott's defense in that he is very athletic and fast and can cover a lot of territory. He is not a thumper and will never be. In our system it is more important for the MLB to cover a wide range of territory rather than being a run stuffing thumper. If we wanted that style of MLB we would have kept Spikes. 

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m certainly concerned, but I’m not willing to panic. This is a year of growth. Am I thrilled? Of course not! Might he better outside? Maybe. Too soon to be too sure of anything. 

Dude, if you're not worried you're not worried enough! ?

• Haha (+1) 1