Josh Gordon Stepping Away from Football in Advance of this Sunday's Game; Returned to the Reserve/Commissioner Suspended List Indefinitely

26CornerBlitz

Its all stupid. Weed shouldn't be illegal in sports. So many players use it for pain management.

Instead they prescribe pain killers that players get addicted to.

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-originals/video/tsn-original-legalized-part-1~1514729

Really interesting video to watch. I believe its a 3 or 4 part series.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

I hope the young man quits football for good, and gets right in his personal life. Kinda like Aaron Maybin did.

Side note: If we relentlessly blitz this week, I could see us winning.

I too hope for his own good he can rid himself of this demon. But, I don't recall Aaron Maybin having an addiction problem? Did I miss that? His problem was an ability problem.

LOL at some of these bleeding hearts.

He's a rich TMZ celebrity that trashed houses with Manziel. Football has been secondary to him for years. His statement was pre-emptive damage control and nothing else.

Guarantee Gordon is more likely to be seen clubbing it up in South Beach than at a rehabilitation center anytime soon. Don't be a sucker.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Your situation isn't his. 

Exactly, I dont have close to the incentive/opportunity/resources he does. Other drugs I understand, but its time to stop giving passes to people out of pity.  Dude is an adult and its time to accept responsibility. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Wrong, over the last 10 years i probably havent smoked 20 days total and had no reason to stop. Until I started looking for a new job, my current/next job wont pay jack, especially compared to his opportunity. Was it 4 failed tests in 5 years? He just sounds like a mentally weak person with no will power or ability to recognize what an opportunity he has been given.  Spoken by a weed "addict" with 0 will power. 

Ok, you might not be wrong, he might be a mentally weak person....but with the information we know for sure, there is no way to tell that. Truth is, everyone is different. Everyone's mind is different.  For some people it is easier to lose weight than others.  Some people are artistic, some are analytic.  Some people have the mental 'ability' (how their brain is wired) to do some things better than others. It is not a 'choice', I don't know of anyone that chooses to have artistic ability over being good with numbers.  The same can be said for how easy it is to quit an addiction.  Mentally weak? as I said before, he just might be..and he might be looking for excuses. But there is no way to know that..it is just as likely that how is brain is 'wired' makes him better at some things than you, but makes it harder to quit addictions.  People have to learn to step outside of their own experiences and realize that not everyone has the same abilities and everyone's brain doesn't work the same way.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Azucho98 said:

Josh Gordon is a loser.  Period. I didn't say anything about him fighting and addiction problem....you did.

That dude is all over the place.

He also gave Kareem Hunt the benefit of the doubt. His hero worship clouds the fact that some of these rich, entitled children may actually be scumbags.

Edited by Nelius
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsMafia13 said:

Exactly, I dont have close to the incentive/opportunity/resources he does. Other drugs I understand, but its time to stop giving passes to people out of pity.  Dude is an adult and its time to accept responsibility. 

Your ignorance about addiction is stunning.  

7 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

These are such misguided posts. You can become addicted to almost anything. People become addicted to shopping, gambling, working out, gaming, or whatever else. Just because something isn't "addicting" doesn't mean someone can't develop an addiction. 

Hear about the dude who stabbed an old lady outside of Walmart to get money to pay his gym fees because he was addicted to working out?  Yeah, I didn’t hear about that either.  How about the guy who sold his body behind Denny’s to get money to buy marijuana?  Nope, never heard about that.  Get real....

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Ok, you might not be wrong, he might be a mentally weak person....but with the information we know for sure, there is no way to tell that. Truth is, everyone is different. Everyone's mind is different.  For some people it is easier to lose weight than others.  Some people are artistic, some are analytic.  Some people have the mental 'ability' (how their brain is wired) to do some things better than others. It is not a 'choice', I don't know of anyone that chooses to have artistic ability over being good with numbers.  The same can be said for how easy it is to quit an addiction.  Mentally weak? as I said before, he just might be..and he might be looking for excuses. But there is no way to know that..it is just as likely that how is brain is 'wired' makes him better at some things than you, but makes it harder to quit addictions.  People have to learn to step outside of their own experiences and realize that not everyone has the same abilities and everyone's brain doesn't work the same way.

True, and I fully believe people shouldnt judge without knowing the entire story.  Ive bit my nails for 28 years, smoked tobacco for 8. Everyone has their own situation and vices but gd weed is the only thing hes been busted for.  Cant think of a justifiable excuse

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Hear about the dude who stabbed an old lady outside of Walmart to get money to pay his gym fees because he was addicted to working out?  Yeah, I didn’t hear about that either.  How about the guy who sold his body behind Denny’s to get money to buy marijuana?  Nope, never heard about that.  Get real....

jfc

So you either have to resort to violence to officially be addicted to some or it doesn't count?

Have you seriously never watched intervention or heard of a story about someone ignoring their family or responsibilities and ruining their life because they're addicted to a gambling or videogames? 

I guess lack of empathy makes it difficult to understand what some people go through. It's pretty common, so I shouldn't be too annoyed or surprised with dumbass thoughts like this. 

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Why is it so impossible for people to understand that he may just be incredibly selfish and undisciplined and chose to smoke and/or drink, got caught, and is now playing damage control?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me six times, and I'm an idiot.

It's entirely possible that some of these guys don't want/care to stop, and that may be more so due to entitlement, celebrity, and money than some hardcore addiction...

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Your ignorance about addiction is stunning.  

See you cant separate the two paths here. If I can quit weed so can he, I cant speak on other situations which are much more serious. But his 5 failed tests in the pros and 2 in college is because of herbs. No excuse whatsoever 

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was watching the local news a couple weeks ago and they had a segment on how the ingredients in pizza are addicting!!!! I wanted to throw my TV out the window.

Reminds me of a time we ordered a couple pizzas. Each time my cousin opened the box to get another piece he would pull the pizza apart and take the biggest slice that was left. After 3 or 4 times my I curiously asked why not just take the next piece? I only like the big pieces was his response, so now he is known as the size queen.