Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with Charles Clay, Chris Ivory, and Ray Ray McCloud Out

26CornerBlitz

I have a bad feeling about this game folks.  The Pats remind me of the Bills in the last years of their run when they weren't going to the Super Bowl but still making the playoffs with Kelly & company.  You could see the end was nearing and they were getting old but late in the season when someone came into Rich Stadium to dance on their grave, they would rise up and crush their opponent.  And for a fleeting moment you would think "yea, the magics back"!   But then reality would intrude over the next couple of weeks with a playoff loss in which the team looked their age.

This NE team just seems desperate and I suspect that Brady & company still have a great game or two left in them and both the Bills & Jets will see this over the next 2 weeks.  But after the Patriots are beat in their first playoff game you will be seeing the end of an era. 

NEXT YEAR is when you'll see an improving Bills team lay the wood to the Patriots.  I hope I'm wrong but I've got this sense of dread about this game. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Week 16: Patriots Game Preparation - Bills 12.5 Point Dogs
On 12/17/2018 at 6:37 AM, Cmdjr85 said:

Ahahahahahahahaha dont bet your pocket change on it

Pats will easily beat buffalo. They lost yesterday in a game i had them likley losing all week. See the steelers have heart unlike the joke of an orginization named buffalo

I know I'm feeding the troll here, but the last thing this team lacks is heart. After Brady and Belichek retire and the Pats fall into mediocrity, many of you Pats fans will be looking for a new team. As a member of Bill's Mafia let me say, go elsewhere we don't want you here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, brianb386 said:

I know I'm feeding the troll here, but the last thing this team lacks is heart. After Brady and Belichek retire and the Pats fall into mediocrity, many of you Pats fans will be looking for a new team. As a member of Bill's Mafia let me say, go elsewhere we don't want you here.

Lol good 1 but considering i was born in 1985 and first started watching football in 1989 and growing up in maine the patriots where the team. So no i wont be looking for a new team. Yes all good things will come to an end. But at least i got to enjoy almost 2 decades of dominance. And of course a few super bowl wins. Losing to green bay in january 97 was a tough 1. But nothing as great a feeling as beating the rams 5 years later. I couls only imagine how bad it stung when norwoods kick sailed wide right

See people read to much into a road loss against a good football team. 

If the pats recievers could have caught a few of the drops they win the game but they didnt. 

Not many teams over the last 5 or 6 years have been able to hold big ben to under 20 points at home. Im guessing maybe 5 times thats occured. 

Likley only the bengals and ravens have and maybe tenneessee did if i can recall.

The one thing the pats do is play good at home. So i expect a win and cover

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Did I hear correctly that the Pats*** haven’t lost three in a row in 16 years?

Ok, Buffalo, time to send a message. Let’s start the changing of the guard. 

Yes weeks 4-7 in 2002 season the patriots lost 4 straight games

The dolphins tried to hand them 3 straight this year but got blown out in new england 38-3 accumulation just over 100 yards of total offense back in week 4

Maybe the bills can be the first team to beat new england in new england since carolina did and end their 13 game home winning streak

On 12/17/2018 at 8:22 AM, ScottLaw said:

?

Why? What is the obsession with a higher draft pick? 

We drafted the QB last year. They will have the opportunity to pick a good player no matter where they pick in the first round.

one can trade down from a top 10 draft pick and get two good players, maybe:)

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

More proof that Adam Schein is an idiot.

1 hour ago, Cmdjr85 said:

Yes weeks 4-7 in 2002 season the patriots lost 4 straight games

The dolphins tried to hand them 3 straight this year but got blown out in new england 38-3 accumulation just over 100 yards of total offense back in week 4

Maybe the bills can be the first team to beat new england in new england since carolina did and end their 13 game home winning streak

Then we were there for them to beat up on at home in week 8 or 9.  Gregg Williams made the brilliant decision to punt on 4th and 2 in the 2nd at their 32 I believe which of course resulted in a touchback in a game that was obviously going to be a shootout.

Edited by Doc Brown

20 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

MJD says Shady is a lock for HOF. Also says Marshawn Lynch will as well. I’m not sure about Lynch, but it raises a question; are there any other former Bills still playing that may be enshrined in Canton? 

Personally, on a related story, I place Terell Owens as an ‘oh, btw..’ Bills HOFer..

Top 7 Storylines for Bills-Patriots in Week 16

w87lbc63cqsledgf2jtq.jpg

It’s spoiler time for the Buffalo Bills. Their own playoff hopes extinguished, the Bills finish up the year with two cracks at making playoff life difficult, or even impossible, for divisional rivals.

It starts with a trip to Foxboro this week, and a matchup with the Patriots. Here are some of the top storylines for the rematch with New England this week:

1. CAN THE PATRIOTS LOSE THREE IN A ROW?
2. BILLS BRING NEW WEAPONS TO THE RIVALRY
3. WHO NEEDS THE DRAFT? (KIDDING)
4. DOES GILLETTE STADIUM MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
5. RUNNING BACK HEALTH?
6. MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL REMATCH
7. HOW MUCH MORE GRONK?

Chris Brown sits down with Head Coach Sean McDermott for this week's Coffee With the Coach. They discuss finishing close games, how undrafted rookies are impacting the team, and a fan asks coach a question via Twitter.

bh2clckclqocbxhnnrri.jpg

McDermott's Wednesday Media Day Presser at 11:20 AM ET today followed by practice at 12:30 PM.  After practice Josh Allen will meet with the media at the podium with other players being available for locker room interviews. 

Will post live Twitter and Facebook presser links as they become available: Buffalo Bills Video Live

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

On 12/17/2018 at 1:51 AM, formerlyofCtown said:

I think we win this game.

Pats lose 3 games in a row?  Playing in Gillette in December......Bills offence extremely banged up....Brady never lost to a rookie in his career i believe......i hope the bills win too but no chance on earth this happens......

1 hour ago, JPP said:

Pats lose 3 games in a row?  Playing in Gillette in December......Bills offence extremely banged up....Brady never lost to a rookie in his career i believe......i hope the bills win too but no chance on earth this happens......

We have weapons and castoffs who are hungry.  Winning this one sets a mark not just for a declining dynasty which might go out nasty.  It also sends a message that Minnesota wasn’t a fluke.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/16/2018 at 7:43 PM, RiotAct said:

13 points sounds about right... on the road, pretty banged up (on offense), playing a New England team with Tom Brady who is on a two-game losing skid and has a lot to play for.

Not to mention we have rarely gotten a good deal from officiating when we play Kraft's team at Gillette  - I think you are probably right about the spread considering how banged up we are. Even if we do have a lead, I don't know if I quite trust our defense to hold it - they shut down Stafford last week, but he was playing with a lot of hurt.

As a consolation prize, I would not mind if we knock Brady to the ground every time he drops back to pass and I would not mind if someone rocks Gronk - just a bit of payback for the White hit.

This game is a win/win for us. If we lose we are already out of the playoffs and we secure a better draft position, if we win we can take pride in the fact that we sent a clear message that there is a changing of the guard in the AFC East and NE, Brady, and Darth Belicheat are starting their inevitable slide into NFL history.

My hope is that with solid drafting, astute free agent pickups, new coaches and front office(s), NE will mount some kind of NFL comeback in 20 years or so, OR once I am dead and gone.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

Not to mention we have rarely gotten a good deal from officiating when we play Kraft's team at Gillette  - I think you are probably right about the spread considering how banged up we are. Even if we do have a lead, I don't know if I quite trust our defense to hold it - they shut down Stafford last week, but he was playing with a lot of hurt.

What is the over/under on questionable calls that go against the Bills?

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

To many bad calls on catching and such.  My feeling is Tom Donaguhybwas the tip of the iceberg.  You have Kraft literally employing folks like Richard Farrelly who was an associate of James “Whitey” Bulger Jr during his infamous time in the FBI along with John Connolly.  For his part Farrelly accepted a plea out of State.  I’m not surprised by Kraft clearing spreads with old Purple contacts given Goodell and Kraft’s families associations out in Detroit.  Protecting each other as it were to keep things even.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Take the over with the the Bills giving up +6

At least (2) roughing the Brady calls, (3) holds  (2 by Dawkins, 1 by an interior linemen like our center where replays leave the booth baffled), and a minimum of (1) DPI against White and likely (1) against Wallace as he will probably draw Edelman in the slot. Throw in the usual  (1) more for Dawkins being an ineligible receiver downfield on a screen play and you will probably be in the right neighborhood.

Last week was an unusual reprieve... I think we could be in for a flag-fest.

I believe we have Shawn Smith's officiating crew (unless the schedule has changed) and he seems to be on the high end of tossing flags around.

From Pro-Football-Reference site:

in 2018 Smith is averaging 15.85 penalties/game for 142.85 yards 

the league average is 13.51 for a 115.50 yards

They were the crew that officiated our game against Chicago earlier this year where:

Chicago was assessed 14 penalties for 129 yards and the Bills were assessed 10 penalties for 163 yards.