Kelvin Benjamin Signs a 1-Year Deal with Kansas City; Has a Chance to Impress with Watkins Likely Out Until the Playoffs

20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I have wondered this all as well. I imagine the Bills tried to get to the bottom of it, and finally just had to move on. Probably best for both sides. 

The thing I don’t believe is that he was “pressing too hard.” If that was the case the effort would be there, if not the production. But he had neither. 

What if it was a combination of pressing too hard and ego?

It could very well be that he prefers to be viewed as lazy than just plain ineffective.

Kind of like a drunk who also happens to suck at life sober. You almost prefer to be labeled a drunk because it's better than "loser."

45 minutes ago, eball said:

Wow, he looks faster in red.

Hes at route running speed in that clip right? 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Sounds like another one in the books.

$21 Million 500 yard season for the most prolific NFL offense this year.

Can’t belive our stupid front office didn’t retain and extend this kind of talent value.  

#firemcbean 

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Hes at route running speed in that clip right? 

Sounds like another one in the books.

$21 Million 500 yard season for the most prolific NFL offense this year.

Can’t belive our stupid front office didn’t retain and extend this kind of talent value.  

#firemcbean 

Glue factory?

:deadhorse

Andy Reid on Kelvin Benjamin: Sometimes a Change of Scenery Can Be Good

Posted by Josh Alper on December 7, 2018, 2:32 PM EST

Wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin joined the Chiefs at practice on Friday, but his first game action with his new team is not likely to come this weekend.

Chiefs head coach Andy Reid said that Benjamin is unlikely to play against the Ravens this Sunday, but that it’s possible that he’ll be up to speed enough to play against the Chargers next Thursday. Reid also discussed what led the Chiefs to sign Benjamin after he was released by the Bills this week.

“He’s been big before,” Reid said, via Brooke Pryor of the Kansas City Star. “He’s a big kid. He’s in phenomenal shape. Sometimes a change of scenerycan be good for a guy.”

If Benjamin does play in Week 15, he could take some of the work usually taken on by Sammy Watkins. Watkins has missed two of the last three games and is expected to be sidelined a while longer with a foot injury. Reid didn’t confirm that, but did say Watkins tweaked his foot in Thursday’s practice and is not expected to play this weekend.

You mean to tell me that Sammy will have YET another season where he is hobbled by injuries?

Man, did our FO make yet another horrible decision trading away Watkins for 2 seasons of sub 600 yard receiving, plagued by injuries for a 2nd rounder that helped us land Josh Allen.

Which is precisely the argument that I and some other posters here made, which is that although Sammy shows flashes of elite level receiving, he has never been able to put it together on a consistent basis.  That and that he was a higher risk of being injured than what you'd like for a player that you'd have to pay top dollar.

But noooooo.    His defenders made up all these excuses of why he was inconsistent.  " That it was Tyrod's fault.  That he had no QB's to throw to him.  That Goff wasn't a good fit for him.  That he truly wasn't  injury prone" and then went off to give these insane examples and statistics showing us that our lying eyes were just lying eyes.   

Well, these past 2 years is a personification of all the doubts that we said about him, which is that he's inconsistent and has too many injury risks.  And that is precisely what we've seen.

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Sammy is a stud ….china doll

The trade was another winner for Beane, get a 2nd and a 1 year CB rental for a guy with an injury history on the last year of his contract that precludes an extension due to said injury history.  Add in the 3rd he got for Tyrod, also on the last year of a bloated contract, and throw in what will be a very high 5th for a QB outplayed and beaten out  by Peterman in camp and I can easily forgive the 3rd he traded for Benjamin, whose TD vs Indy helped break the playoff drought.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

Was that you that posted as "Gobills12"?

It was a detailed, well thought out post explaining exactly why we let KB go.

The response it received was rather harsh.?

Interesting board they have over there?

4 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Was that you that posted as "Gobills12"?

It was a detailed, well thought out post explaining exactly why we let KB go.

The response it received was rather harsh.?

Interesting board they have over there?

No, it wasn't me, although I agree with it 100%.

5 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Will Kelvin be up to speed on the playbook by Sunday? I know that’s a big ask but if they trim down the fat he should be able to digest the important stuff. 

He still didn't know where to lineup with our playbook.

I would have to guess thats a big NO.  

• Thank you (+1) 1