Bills fans thoughts on our meltdown this year?

Ice bowl 67

McCarthy was never one of my favorites but he probably deserves credit for dealing with Rodgers for the length of time that he did. Jeff Saturday went on the record and said Arod would always eyeroll the play calls back in 2011. That’s when the Pack was still good!!!

Crazy that it went on for so long and I’m sure a lot of the younger guys follow Rodgers. I don’t think MM was a good coach but I feel bad for him now. 

Arod needs to get back to playing football, I’m sure he will light it up this weekend in an attempt to push blame towards his former coach. Some games and plays this year it looked like Rodgers would throw the ball away because he wanted to make a point about the play call. 

I also feel bad for the fans. The organization and Aaron would be smart to keep him away from the hiring decision for the new HC. 

Crazy thought- why not Bill Bellicheck for you guys? 

If things go sideways (who knows what that would need to look like) in NE it could be the end of that regime, and Bill might want to take a shot at proving he can win without Brady. And for the Packers, what better way to seek that SB window.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I feel sorry for the Packers..

Hope they can find some success and a decent QB one year..

Its a shame they had that Favre guy and then had to get stuck with Rodgers after that.  If only they were fortunate enough to get guys like Edwards, Collins, Losman and EJ.  Im feeling worse for them with each HOF QB I name that we have had since Kelly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Aaron seems aloof and has some mental issues if he wont talk to his family. I like his talent but he comes off as entitled. Dont know how they spent so much time together and yet Rodgers was rebellious.

It doesn't matter who your coach is if the QB is working against him it. Will never work.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Crazy thought- why not Bill Bellicheck for you guys? 

If things go sideways (who knows what that would need to look like) in NE it could be the end of that regime, and Bill might want to take a shot at proving he can win without Brady. And for the Packers, what better way to seek that SB window.

That's a pretty good prediction, honestly. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility in the least. Then Brady tries to hold out so he can play in the SB against the Packers, but loses to the Bills in the Conference Championship, who go on to defeat the Belichick/Rodgers Packers, spoiling the fun for both of them separately.

If you're going to be a Bills fan, it's important to have a vivid imagination.

• Haha (+1) 2

To Ice’s question, the Pack have had as many injuries this season as they typically do -which is waaay too many. The biggest difference I see has nothing to do with the Packers. The NFCN has risen from the ashes of Hell to perhaps the most competitive Division in football. I say “perhaps” because no one -including themselves- can figure out the Lions. Otherwise, it’s clearly evident Da Bears & Vikings have joined the Rogers-led Packers as formidable.

We keep waiting and hoping for that day in the AFCE...

Your ex-head coach is trash; like, a real modern-day idiot. Also, you have had some real attrition in your WR corps that wasn’t replaced. Defense has always pretty much sucked throughout the Rodgers era. Honestly, you guys should have cleaned house and started rebuilding 3-4 years ago. Now you’re screwed. 

Just being honest! Still love ya IceBowl.

It takes a special kind of person to deal with someone as arrogant and douchey as Aaron Rodgers.  As someone stated upthread, McCarthy deserves credit for doing it for so long.

My feeling is that Rodgers undermined McCarthy, which probably put many of his teammates in tough spots.

Rodgers has incredible talent.  It is my opinion that his ego/attitude is primarily what's kept him/the Packers from winning more than one Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 3

Some really poor personnel decision compounded by a coach who keeps doing the same things year after year. I honestly think he only fired Dom Capers under protest. He should have fired him after he let Kaep run all over them in that playoff game 5 or 6 years ago. 

The Pack seem to have all the pieces on offense to have success. And this year Aaron Jones looks like a good running back which was always the knock that they couldn’t run the ball. I’d say they don’t run enough for success but I haven’t watched more than 3-4 games of theirs this season. As others said I’d say it’s more the division has gotten better and putting too much on Rodgers. I like Pettine as a coordinator, but only so much you can do with injured or limited talent. Trading away Dix was a mind blower for me, when there wasn’t anyone even half established to replace him. 

I was confused by the thread title until I saw it was @Ice bowl 67that was posting and it was about the Pack.

Real shame what they have become.  They are my back up team to watch when I can't stand watching the bills but the pack hasn't been doing it for me either this year.

Edited by The Wiz