Jump to content
Joe in Winslow

In the pantheon of insufferable douches, Mike Schopp is Zeus.

Recommended Posts

Why anyone listens to that idiot is beyond me.  But he's getting what he wants: people tuning in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was this really said verbatim?  If so, holy *****. That guy should be taken off the air. I live in Baltimore and am exposed to the team a lot. I’m not a fan of Allen’s accuracy, but he smokes Jackson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Mike Schopp and then complaining about Mike Schopp is like bashing your hand with a hammer and then creating a thread here to tell us that it hurts.

 

PEBKAC.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a hack man.  First summer of LeBron they had a show about his impending free agency.  I called in and said look for him to team up with Bosh and Rose in Chicago, or Bosh and Wade in Miami.  He cut me off and mocked me about how stars don't want to play with other stars.  Total hack.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, QCity said:

Listening to Mike Schopp and then complaining about Mike Schopp is like bashing your hand with a hammer and then creating a thread here to tell us that it hurts.

 

PEBKAC.

 

Minor note:

 

It's PEBCAK.

 

:P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

The only WTF thing about that play was throwing in the direction of Kelvin Benjamin, who flat-out refuses to finish a route.

 

If that's the most WTF thing you can say about the kid, then he's well on his way.  Personally, I think that's a massive reach.

 

A WTF play is the interception he threw into the endzone in GB in week 4--one that gave away points.  Expecting your "No. 1 WR" to finish a route without letting the corner undercut you is called playing football in the NFL.

 

I was debating this and it certainly looks like the fat slob gives up on the play and barely even pretends to pursue him after the INT but I stil think it was a bad pass, i thought the DB had inside leverage the entire way,  KB should have been there to at least compete for the ball/play defender.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

 

I was debating this and it certainly looks like the fat slob gives up on the play and barely even pretends to pursue him after the INT but I stil think it was a bad pass, KB should have been there to at least compete for the ball/play defender.

 

Oh don't get me wrong, it wasn't a great throw, but if you look at when he released the ball versus when Howard breaks on it, I think there's a reasonable expectation that Benjamin would actually break on it as well.  Instead he just jogs out the string in typical I-don't-give-a-crap fashion.

 

It surely could've been a pick anyway, but maybe if the guy would break on the ball and make some kind of effort to use his 6'5", 240 (plus?) frame to gain position on the ball he'd have--in the very least--made it a contested play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TITLE is so very inspired. I just turned them off.

 

Bulldog, one can tell, so very much wants to tell Schopp how really full of ***** he is. But he won't. He should just smack him once...it'd do them both worlds of good.

 

Josh Allen is money. Anyone can see it. Shopp hates this. What can one expect from this new-age analytics twit that doesn't believe in culture. 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, QCity said:

Listening to Mike Schopp and then complaining about Mike Schopp is like bashing your hand with a hammer and then creating a thread here to tell us that it hurts.

 

PEBKAC.

 

He spends a ton of time on this site, much of it complaining about the other users of this site.  Not a surprise that he also listens to WGR and comes here to complain about the content.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped listening more than 10 years ago. They did way to many non-sports segments. I remember I would listen waiting for them to get through the mindleas chatter to get to the sports topic of the day only to realize the mindless chatter was the topic of the day. If I remember correctly they had segments about favorit maple syrup, Schopp’s wife’s tennis lessons and a guy in East Amherts with giant dredlocks.  I remember listening to a segment on Sirius where they were talking about the Bills and I honestly thought man wouldn’t it be great if we had a station where I could listen to Buffalo sports talk? I turned it off and I don’t miss it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I get the feeling they aim to piss people off to get attention. I've never really listened to it but yesterday people were pissed on here about their postgame so I checked it out. I was confused at first because it seemed like they had a pretty even take on the last play but then later on one of them commented on how people were upset on twitter about the blame he spread to Allen on that play. After that they got more critical on him and seemed like they were trying to antagonize people about it.

 

 

Schopp is just a skeptic......it's not an act......and he certainly has good reason to be...........this is one of the laughingstock organizations in north american pro sports for a reason.......decades of futility.

 

If you want homerism to make you feel better that's what John Murphy and whatever other team employee he is paired with provide.

 

Honestly I think they should have a frequent segment with a Jimmy Spags type to really whip the morons who call into the show into a frenzy and provide some perspective about what being negative about the team is like.😂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's beyond me how those two guys have a show. Either they are related to someone high-up in the management of WGR or Buffalo Sports listeners have a high tolerance for terrible commentary. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

 

He spends a ton of time on this site, much of it complaining about the other users of this site.  Not a surprise that he also listens to WGR and comes here to complain about the content.

 

I'm only trying to fight the rising tide of stupid. It's a noble, but hopeless cause.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is personal for him.  He thinks there's an unfair disadvantage against black QB's.  

 

This is not an attempt to get listeners by saying something outrageous.  He believes it.    

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love listening to bills talk

 

 

Could absolutely care less about his opinion.....he doesnt know football and admits he doesnt know football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

No way would I go off on you. I am just stating the obvious. Ratings are all that matter in radio. If few people listen, then they make changes. Alternately, listen to SiriusXM NFL channel. Or, even ESPN radio (has to be on somewhere in WNY, right?) Just stop listening to those particular idiots.

I think espn radio is blocked by local guys. Same station. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, theRalph said:

The TITLE is so very inspired. I just turned them off.

 

Bulldog, one can tell, so very much wants to tell Schopp how really full of ***** he is. But he won't. He should just smack him once...it'd do them both worlds of good.

 

Josh Allen is money. Anyone can see it. Shopp hates this. What can one expect from this new-age analytics twit that doesn't believe in culture. 

 

 

 

I was one of the people here talking people off the ledge after the Allen pick............I said he is the type of talent that could go #1 overall in many past drafts..........but he's no more "money" yet than JP Losman was money after that great game in Houston or Edwards was money after his fast start.

 

This isn't a league where there are 10 good QB's and 22 bad ones anymore...........the rules have made it easier and now the bar is pretty high to be special now.

 

I love his chances and the journey is the reward so looking forward to it..........but he's no lock to be great yet.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, White Linen said:

This is personal for him.  He thinks there's an unfair disadvantage against black QB's.  

 

This is not an attempt to get listeners by saying something outrageous.  He believes it.    

Yes. Because he has adopted a black child. So he knows all about racism and unfairness. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

This is personal for him.  He thinks there's an unfair disadvantage against black QB's.  

 

This is not an attempt to get listeners by saying something outrageous.  He believes it.    

Yes, he also adopted 2 black children, is a self promoting Mensa member and never played a team sport in his life, it's easy to see what he is about.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Jackson has a higher passer rating? I don't know that I agree with the statement, but it's certainly not an outrageous one.

 

JA showed me a ton yesterday. This is the first time I've felt like the kid has a chance.

 

But facts are facts. They both have a great deal of work to do.

 

In the last 3 games which they both started Josh has the higher passer rating. 

51 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really, Mike? Lamar Jackson's a better passer?

 

Please, Please, Mike. I beg you. Got tap dance on the 90 so we can get a different personality in your seat.

 

Josh is a better runner 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Really, Mike? Lamar Jackson's a better passer?

 

Please, Please, Mike. I beg you. Got tap dance on the 90 so we can get a different personality in your seat.

He started that crap last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

 

In the last 3 games which they both started Josh has the higher passer rating. 

 

Yet overall Jackson has a higher passer rating, which is why it's not OUTRAGEOUS to opine that Jackson is a better passer at this point.

 

If you need to break it down to a 3 game period, it's probably not some wild comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Well I will give you credit,   your title was catchy.

it really was.  nicely done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

Oh don't get me wrong, it wasn't a great throw, but if you look at when he released the ball versus when Howard breaks on it, I think there's a reasonable expectation that Benjamin would actually break on it as well.  Instead he just jogs out the string in typical I-don't-give-a-crap fashion.

 

It surely could've been a pick anyway, but maybe if the guy would break on the ball and make some kind of effort to use his 6'5", 240 (plus?) frame to gain position on the ball he'd have--in the very least--made it a contested play.

 

 

I agree with this - the issue I have is that you have a slow wr running an inbreaking route.  Josh Allen's throw would be right on the money, but KB is so slow that it allows the CB to undercut the route.

 

There is no way that JA could have completed that pass to the WR because if you throw it far enough in front so the CB can’t get there - KB can’t get there.  

 

I would not classify it as a WTF throw by any stretch as you see QBs get routes undercut all the time.  A better or faster WR in that spot makes that undercut harder and gives JA more room to make the throw.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×