Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

Gugny

Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Allen's Last Pass (12/2): Bad Pass or Drop?

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Gotta find someone better first

the last four games are a test to see who wants to be around next year

Agreed, this season is just a test run. The offseason needs to be huge, then next year I hope to start learning to win. 

3 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

You have to keep in mind the specific circumstances of that play. Josh was running for his life. When he made the throw he was off-balance. He had to get it off as fast as possible.He had no time to set his feet. Essentially, it got there. All Clay had to do was take a couple steps towards the pass and catch it. Josh made a great play in my opinion. Shame

Bingo

Not the most perfect pass, but any receiver should have caught that, I blame Clay and not Allen.     I'm about 25% percent disappointed with the loss and 75% encouraged that Allen is capable of bringing the team back on a two minute drive.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What people are missing is that Clay slips in that crappy grass endzone trying to come up for the ball. 

If anyone should know what cleats to wear on that field it should be him Shady.

He played there for years.

It’s probably a little of both. Its just one of those plays that good teams find a way to make and the rest find excuses. Until we start making the plays that win games and stop making the plays that lose games...we will just be here. Out by Christmas. As fans it’s sad because it seems like it won’t ever change. It’s just like the Zay Jones drop at Carolina last year. A team like the Steelers, or Pats they just make those plays. They win both those games. We win neither. Until we start Finishing these games and cashing in on these opportunities, we are just not good enough.

10 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It was both, but that goes more on Clay. He had a chance and should have caught it. I believe what Allen said about being gassed after running all around gives him a bit of a pass. Clay had it in his hands, he should have caught it.

The pass to criticize Allen on is the missed wide open bomb to Foster.

That ball traveled almost 70 yards in the air and missed Foster by about 3 feet.  It was an impressive throw, just a bit off.  I don't know that there's another QB in the league that could even attempt that pass.  If Clay would have done what Sheppard did for the Giants on OBJ's TD pass, he'd have caught it around the 5 and had an electrifying TD.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

It’s probably a little of both. Its just one of those plays that good teams find a way to make and the rest find excuses. Until we start making the plays that win games and stop making the plays that lose games...we will just be here. Out by Christmas. As fans it’s sad because it seems like it won’t ever change. It’s just like the Zay Jones drop at Carolina last year. A team like the Steelers, or Pats they just make those plays. They win both those games. We win neither. Until we start Finishing these games and cashing in on these opportunities, we are just not good enough.

Um, it changed last season.  And no one is making excuses for the drop. 

45 minutes ago, row_33 said:

At least TSW won’t be inundated with playoff machine nonsense in half the new threads this week

Real talk - we’ve seen a lot of variations but this years “now that we are 3-7....” ones were among my favorite