Go get Ramsey in the off-season

Billever76

Ok I know I'm gonna get flamed for this bc of his character and loudmouth,not a process guy etc..BUT could you imagine how good this defense would be??!!!..the new and improved NO FLY ZONE..prob be the top Defense in the league next year 

Edited by Billever76

9 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Ok I know I'm gonna get flamed for this bc of his character and loudmouth,not a process guy etc..BUT could you imagine how good this defense would be??!!!..the new and improved NO FLY ZONE..prob be the top Defense in the league next year 

We currently have the 2nd ranked defense amd the 31st ranked offense...

Can't waste capital on the side of the ball that is already great/dominant at times when we need an entire WR corps, RB stable, and OL from the C to the RT.

• Like (+1) 4

McD seems to be able to piece together an effective defense, especially secondary, without spending a lot of money.  I'd rather spend our resources on the other side of the ball.  And we are going to have to pay Tre White pretty soon as well.

Edited by SWATeam
  • Like (+1) 4

We have the second ranked defense in yards allowed..and that number is skewed bc of the offense putting the defense on short fields and in the second half of blowout losses earlier in the season and against the colts Packers etc when teams went into a conservative play calling..I don't think we will get Ramsey nor am I sure it would be financially smart to even do so..I'm more of daydreaming of what that defense would be with arguably the best two corners in the league playing as teammates and with Hyde and poyer protecting their backs ...throw in Milano and Edmunds as our lbers and that defense looks possibly Superbowl caliber lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

How about we focus on putting together an adequate nfl offense to pair with our already good defense?  

• Like (+1) 2

We can get a much cheaper CB in the draft who can do an adequate to very good  job, will be available for 4-5 years.....also know how to keep his mouth shut. Get a CB, then load up on offense. 

Edited by Augie

He'd probably have a great career in this defense. Great. Like Revis great. He would be great on the boundary because he's a big kid with that safety body and good ball skills but I don't see it.

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The $$$ you would have to hand him would be insane. I just can't see committing that to him. 

Yeah but if you could get Allen to be a franchise QB you don't have to pay him for 3/4 years. You could give a good player whoever it is a 3-4 year contract for QB money. Kinda like they did with Mario Williams.

7 minutes ago, transient said:

Whatever incremental improvement he brings to our defense would benefit our OL or WR corpse how? 

(yes, it was intentional...)

But in free agency the OL and WR group is awful. They might get a good C but G and T are going to be awful. Best positions for our needs look like C, TE.

22 minutes ago, H2o said:

The $$$ you would have to hand him would be insane. I just can't see committing that to him. 

I wouldn’t do that even if I LIKED the guy! Just not necessary, especially for the grief he brings. 

Bill from NYC just exploded again. Another CB?

Defense isn't the main problem becoming a playoff team because they've already spent big on Lotulelei, Murphy, and Hyde not to mention 1st round picks of White and Edmunds.  Their resource allocation is already heavy defense and it's time that side of the ball be less prioritized.

They're going to need those cap dollars anyway to improve an anemic offense which, until recently, was on pace to be one of the worst in recent NFL history.

Edited by BillsVet