Playoff chances

DBilz2500

51 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

So we currently stand at 4-7, 3-5 in the AFC

We are 2 games behind Ravens and Colts and 1 game behind Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Titans. 

Do we still have a chance? Still thinking 9-7 with 7-5 AFC record could sneak us. 

Why do you do this to yourself??

• Haha (+1) 1

Its not likely, but just like last year... anything can happen.  I'm not even thinking about playoffs.  Just trying to enjoy each game individually.  At the beginning of the season I didn't think they would win more than 6 games. Still not sure they will.  Right now, I am more excited about the possibility of having a better supporting cast for Allen next season and Allen another year in the system.  I really like this kid and hope he is our answer.

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

We are 2 games behind Ravens and Colts and 1 game behind Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Titans. 

Do we still have a chance? Still thinking 9-7 with 7-5 AFC record could sneak us. 

Not making the playoffs this year.

Well, fivethirtyeight updates their playoff chances grid immediately after each game is final, and we still sit at .... 1% chance.  So I'm thinking not this year.

Interesting, though, that the Broncos are now up to 12%, and they face a preposterously easy schedule the rest of the way:  at Bengals, at Niners, Browns at home, at Raiders, Chargers at home. They'll be favored in all except that last one, most of the time by a wide margin. And in that last one the Chargers may have already clinched a wild card. So they're my favorite dark horse candidate this year.

Just now, Idandria said:

Forget playoffs. Let’s see PROGRESS from Allen and the rest of the team.

Next year will be the time to shine as we have a ton of cap space. 

This is a tear down/rebuild year. 

Right. Looks like Teller held his own today at LG, and I think Groy was in there at RG  after Miller picked up a holding penalty after getting beaten particularly badly. Plus Logan Thomas and Croom are already an upgrade over the 2018 (useless) version of Clay, and guys like Foster and McKenzie are showing enough to get a shot next year too. So there is progress being made. But remember, the bar was set really low - I now feel confident enough to say that this will not, by the end of the year, rank as one of the historically worst offenses in the NFL ....

4 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Half game behind the 4-6-1 Browns too!

I really don't care either way if we make the playoffs this year. This whole season is about starting the Josh Allen development. Not to mention no more injuries. If we by some miracle beat NE and finish 9-7 with Josh and the team improving,  that will be my playoffs. Next year after FA & the draft we can all expect a big playoff year.