Allen best Bills QB of 21st century?

Just now, uticaclub said:

Sucked after that?

Orton finished that season strong, if the defense doesn’t melt down to the 3-13 Raiders, they make the playoffs with him. 

1) Orton

2) Tyrod

3) Bledsoe

4) Fitzy

5) Matt Barkley?

We’ve has probably 20 QBs start for us since 2000 & it’s hard to come up with 5 that were semi-decent.

No he didn't. Orton sucked after the first handful of games. Go look at his game logs one more time.

If it makes you feel any better, I attribute the decline to Marrone and his ultra conservative style and demand that the QB never, ever turn the ball over. Orton got beat into submission and played scared in the second half of his starts.

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That's just strange.  For starters, the sample size of some of these QBs just isn't enough on which to make an evaluation.  Do you incorporate performances from previous teams.  Matt Barkley had a very good game for the Bills on November 11, yet he is ranked the 14th best out of 18.    Certainly that performance was better than the average EJ Manuel performance during his time in Buffalo.   Thus it seems like his ranking takes into acount his lackluster NFL career prior to his game for Buffalo.  Derek Anderson has played a couple games, and hasn't been very good.  His rating reflects that, (15th) but he did have a pro bowl season for Cleveland way back when.  As far as Josh Allen is concerned, I'm hopefuyl about his future, but I thyink it's pretty obvious his career thus far does not warrant him being rated as the best QB of the 21st century.

Great points on the consistency of the methods of evaluation

1 hour ago, WRONG JOSH said:

You mean they made it to the playoffs despite him

Tyrod's stats with the Bills were 51 TD's to 16 picks and 16 rushing TD's.

Whatever you think of him, he's clearly a top 3 QB this century with this franchise and arguably the best.

That's not saying much, but it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's pretty much the worst article ever written.

Ugh. The Pittsburgh debacle where we got beat by their practice squad. I was done with Bledsoe after that one.

That automatically puts him at the bottom of any Bills QB list, looking up at EJ and Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Tyrod's stats with the Bills were 51 TD's to 16 picks and 16 rushing TD's.

Whatever you think of him, he's clearly a top 3 QB this century with this franchise and arguably the best.

That's not saying much, but it is what it is.

Yes. His ability to protect the football puts him over the edge. His TD:INT ratio is tremendous.

But he was too conservative and didn't get enough raw production as a passer (and his rushing stats did not nearly compensate for the lack of passing stats).

I think it is pretty easily Tyrod as the best since 2000.

Edited by MJS

1 hour ago, MJS said:

No he didn't. Orton sucked after the first handful of games. Go look at his game logs one more time.

If it makes you feel any better, I attribute the decline to Marrone and his ultra conservative style and demand that the QB never, ever turn the ball over. Orton got beat into submission and played scared in the second half of his starts.

I disagree, I thought he played with alot of balls. Almost made a comeback at Denver, always felt like maybe you had a chance

Stupid for anyone to say Allen is ranked anywhere good or bad in any list.  Nobody has any clue if Allen will be Elite, Great, Good, Average, Bad, or Terrible at this point.

And anyone not listing Tyrod as best QB in that era can’t separate their hate from reality.  It’s the highest scoring 3 years in Bills history outside the first 3 SB years and our only playoff birth.  

Bledsoe is 2.  Nobody else matters after that, they all sucked as Bills QBs and don’t belong on any list other than who sucked more list...in which Peterman is first...second...and third before anyone else enters the list.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Tyrod got the Bills to the playoffs

So did Flutie, sorry, he is number one since Kelly. Orton will always be remembered for his feet first slide after scrambling short of a first down showing his heart was not into getting to the playoffs in a critical end of year game - possibly the Raiders! Tyrod number two, he did get us into the playoffs; Allen has a chance to bump into number if he wins. The rest - who cares! 

Tyrod has easily been the best Bills QB of the 2000's.

He lead the most consistently productive scoring offense the Bills have had since the SB era and was the least frequently intercepted % passer in NFL history while a Bill.

They've had better passers but they all had limitations that crippled their offense..............Rojo's lack of competitive motivation(which set the stage for his other issues)..........Bledsoe's cement shoes that made him vulnerable to inside pressure........Trent's post concussive cowardice......Fitz' inability to stretch the opposing D......Orton's lack of commitment to winning...........and a series of others with bigger issues.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m always amazed at how fondly people remember Bledsoe. He SUCKED!! After his first 8 games in a Bills uniform he was 18-22 with a talented team. He averaged less than 200 yards a game, was a statue and turned it over as often as he scored TDs. He is the most over-appreciated player in Bills history.

bledsuck...bledsack...bledsore...drew dreadful...i joined the message board at that time. it was fun hammering on drew.  pat the ball, pat the ball....doohhhhh!  sack.

ha...he moved like frankenstein (sp?)...

Edited by billsredneck1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It should be Allen here within the next year or so. If he isn’t he will end up as a massive bust. I’m pretty confident that Allen will take steps forward and be a good QB.

At this point it is Tyrod, Fitz and Orton IMO. All 3 were competent NFL QBs. 

Periodically, but never consistently long term. Granted, I’m being nitpicky

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

bledsuck...bledsack...bledsore...drew dreadful...i joined the message board at that time. it was fun hammering on drew.  pat the ball, pat the ball....doohhhhh!  sack.

Yep, good times. As always though, it would not have been as much fun without the very vocal apologists who thought he wasn't a problem. On this Thanksgiving Day, I take my hat off to them all. :beer:

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Stupid for anyone to say Allen is ranked anywhere good or bad in any list.  Nobody has any clue if Allen will be Elite, Great, Good, Average, Bad, or Terrible at this point.

And anyone not listing Tyrod as best QB in that era can’t separate their hate from reality.  It’s the highest scoring 3 years in Bills history outside the first 3 SB years and our only playoff birth.  

Bledsoe is 2.  Nobody else matters after that, they all sucked as Bills QBs and don’t belong on any list other than who sucked more list...in which Peterman is first...second...and third before anyone else enters the list.

Fitzpatrick at least had one good year. He is worth mentioning if Bledsoe is, I think, but I would put him third behind Taylor and Bledsoe.