Adrian Peterson--How is this POS still in the NFL today?

Mr. WEO

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

He has now admitted he has violated the terms of his reinstatement---leaving aside, if you can, the fact that he still beats his son.

He is no man.

Will we here from the owners about this or are they still worried about the National Anthem?

This is the worst human in the NFL right now.  He needs sock full of doorknobs therapy.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

He has now admitted he has violated the terms of his reinstatement---leaving aside, if you can, the fact that he still beats his son.

He is no man.

Will we here from the owners about this or are they still worried about the National Anthem?

This is the worst human in the NFL right now.  He needs sock full of doorknobs therapy.

I am not defending him in any way, shape or form, but I find that last statement contradictory to your outrage.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 4

Ok here’s the problem I have, and it’s not Adrian Peterson I have the problem with. The problem I have is the people complaining about spanking a child. Ok, I got spanked with a belt, switch, toy race car track, just about whatever. Now the extent of what Peterson’s tactics were the first time was way too much. But as far as using a belt? I have zero issues with it. 

Because it seems to me that not using a belt today is part of the problem: Growing up, I never saw or even heard of kids killing other kids and teachers in school, how many times has that happened recently? There’s what’s called right to parent in the law itself. I don’t in any way advocate child abuse, using a belt is not the same. 

But back to Peterson, I don’t have any issues with him using a belt for corporal punishment, but the line is drawn there.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 8

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Are you serious??

He beat his own 4 year old son's ***** bloody with a stick.. now he's beating him with a belt.

I'm not defending Peterson, I'm just saying Mixon is up there imo as well. 

4 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

Ok here’s the problem I have, and it’s not Adrian Peterson I have the problem with. The problem I have is the people complaining about spanking a child. Ok, I got spanked with a belt, switch, toy race car track, just about whatever. Now the extent of what Peterson’s tactics were the first time was way too much. But as far as using a belt? I have zero issues with it. 

Because it seems to me that not using a belt today is part of the problem: Growing up, I never saw or even heard of kids killing other kids and teachers in school, how many times has that happened recently? There’s what’s called right to parent in the law itself. I don’t in any way advocate child abuse, using a belt is not the same. 

But back to Peterson, I don’t have any issues with him using a belt for corporal punishment, but the line is drawn there.

Me too my friend. Me too. My friends mom used to hit him with shoes and punch him in his chest/arms. I'm not advocating beating your child bloody, but that "timeout" bs doesn't work. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He is no man.

Not even close. Tyreek Hill is infinitely worse. 

AP is not acting criminally in any way, especially in his home state of Texas.

Aping Florio’s social justice act is a bad look. 

Edited by BringBackOrton

9 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Not even close. Tyreek Hill is infinitely worse. 

AP is not acting criminally in any way, especially in his home state of Texas.

Aping Florio’s social justice act is a bad look. 

Agreed. AP crossed the line last time, but the simple admission of using a belt is in no way a problem. 

Considering how far out of bounds he was in the last case- I am a little surprised that so many people are down to assume the the dude is acting reasonably and with restraint when hitting his kid that he previously abused

i would get a “let’s wait and see” from some but not full throated support 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Considering how far out of bounds he was in the last case- I am a little surprised that so many people are down to assume the the dude is acting reasonably and with restraint when hitting his kid that he previously abused

i would get a “let’s wait and see” from some but not full throated support 

Depends on if you believe he acted out of malice or not.  Intent matters.

54 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

I am not defending him in any way, shape or form, but I find that last statement contradictory to your outrage.

53 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

49 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm not defending Peterson, I'm just saying Mixon is up there imo as well. 

Me too my friend. Me too. My friends mom used to hit him with shoes and punch him in his chest/arms. I'm not advocating beating your child bloody, but that "timeout" bs doesn't work. 

24 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Agreed. AP crossed the line last time, but the simple admission of using a belt is in no way a problem. 

15 minutes ago, Phils n Bills said:

I took a few belts and switches. I deserved it every time. If he is doing it to his kid without his kid doing anything wrong, then that’s abuse. But if his kid is acting out, that’ll learn him. 

He beat a 4 year old bloody.  There is  nothing such a young child could to his father at that age to elicit that kind of punishment.  And the fact that he continues to do it means he's still a POS.

Nixon sucker punched an adult who for, he felt, was mouthing off to him..  A horrible act, but orders of magnitude to beating an innocent child---his own child!

I was smacked on occasion and rarely got the belt--45 years ago, when that's how dads managed their boys sometimes.  But I was able to raise 2 boys without ever laying a hand on them or even threatening to.  If you can't do that with your kids, I don't know how to help any of you.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 9

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He beat a 4 year old bloody.  There is  nothing such a young child could to his father at that age to elicit that kind of punishment.  And the fact that he continues to do it means he's still a POS.

Nixon sucker punched an adult who for, he felt, was mouthing off to him..  A horrible act, but orders of magnitude to beating an innocent child---his own child!

I was smacked on occasion and rarely got the belt--45 years ago, when that's how dads managed their boys sometimes.  But I was able to raise 2 boys without ever laying a hand on them or even threatening to.  If you can't do that with your kids, I don't know how to help any of you.

There is no evidence he "continues to beat his 4 year old bloody."

You're making Florio look level-headed here buddy.  "All parents who have had to spank their children are bad parents," is a deranged take.  You clearly haven't seen enough troubled kids. You're blessed, but not everyone is.

• Thank you (+1) 1