Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Fallen

3rdnlng

Lots of SC rhubarbs.

LBJ's puppet was refused the role of Chief Justice and resigned.

Reagan's male Ginsburg nomination turned out to be too cool a daddy.

A W nomination was removed after everyone laughed.

the GOP put up some hick who lived in a shack and he went hyper-liberal on every decision.

Imagine trying to get 60% agreement through for the next 100 or so years....  :D

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

If she can’t serve and is unlikely to in the long term, she should resign. But with the bar set so high on playing politics with the SC nomination process (Garland), don’t expect the Ds to take the high road. They will probably play as dirty as the Rs did. 

right, like the Anita Hill thing and the Dr. Ford thing, am i right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Says the person who thinks Trump got elected because of Russia. :lol:

More fiction writing from you. Keep the make believe going. 

You have a hill to climb before you catch up to the narrative-creation masters here at PPP. But keep going with this Padawan-level stuff and you can get there one day. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

We have had incapacitated justices on the court before. McKenna is one example but William Douglas's end on the court is notorious. 

There was no precedent for a 2-year non-vote. It was dirty pool by any measure, and non-Constitutional by many. 

No, it was politics.  The rules are the rules, and it was well-played by the Republicans. I applaud their moral courage. We don't get to say that much. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Deciding the invoke a rule formulated by a Democrat to not vote on a nominee is absolutely the same thing as trying to destroy a man's life and career by parading around paid "victims" spewing intentionally unprovable/false stories.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Those were dirty too. My point, amplified by you, is that neither side is lacking a dance partner. 

Except that most here only see the dirty deeds of the Ds and ignore those of the Rs. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Those were dirty too. My point, amplified by you, is that neither side is lacking a dance partner. 

Except that most here only see the dirty deeds of the Ds and ignore those of the Rs. 

The Anita Hill and Ballsy Ford actions are in no way similar to a procedural issue playing out in the Senate.  Not in any way, shape or form. The behavior of some Democrats in the Senate on the Ballsy Ford case more closely resembled the actions of Scalise shooter then it does nomination procedures.  One sought physical destruction, the other emotional. 

No BM, it was a bit “dirty.” But it was 100% payback for Bork and Thomas. By that accounting the Rs have at least 2 more dirty tricks to shiv the mofo Dems for. Maybe more actually because what’s been done to Kavanaugh and now the POTUS himself deserves a shitload more payback to the azzholes that are driving the agenda for the left wing lunatics and the “Never Trumpers.” 

To be clear I want to see a SC investigation into Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Hillary, the entire BO DOJ, Lois Lerner, Loretta Lynch, Holder, DWS just for starters. 

Cry “havoc,” and let slip the dogs of war!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

No BM, it was a bit “dirty.” But it was 100% payback for Bork and Thomas. By that accounting the Rs have at least 2 more dirty tricks to shiv the mofo Dems for. Maybe more actually because what’s been done to Kavanaugh and now the POTUS himself deserves a shitload more payback to the azzholes that are driving the agenda for the left wing lunatics and the “Never Trumpers.” 

To be clear I want to see a SC investigation into Comey, Clapper, Brennan, Hillary, the entire BO DOJ, Lois Lerner, Loretta Lynch, Holder, DWS just for starters. 

Bork performed the Saturday Night Massacre for Nixon, firing special prosecutor Archibald Cox after AG Elliott Richardson refused to and immediately resigned.

haven't seen such shenanigans since Slick Willy Clinton's White House, and hopefully never again.

Edited by row_33

On 1/29/2019 at 1:22 PM, The Senator said:

OK, another Boston story...

I was having dinner at Legal Seafood, Park Plaza location. I was dining alone, so I sat at the bar.  They had one of those overhead racks for wine glasses, and you can probably guess what happened.

Shortly after my main entree arrived, something happened to bring down pretty much the whole rack right in front of me.  Broken glass everywhere.  I was ordered not to move while they checked me over for glass, removed my food, and cleaned the mess. They replaced my entree, but I really wasn’t very hungry after all the commotion.

Now, you would expect the meal to be comp’ed - at least I did.  Nothing.  Not even a complimentary cocktail or glass of wine. I should have just walked out without paying, but I didn’t want any trouble.

Cheap Boston bastards.  I never ate at Legal again. Never will.

Shudda left a steaming pile of goat custards on the bar stool for them to clean up. 

44 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Bork performed the Saturday Night Massacre for Nixon, firing special prosecutor Archibald Cox after AG Elliott Richardson refused to and immediately resigned.

haven't seen such shenanigans since Slick Willy Clinton's White House, and hopefully never again.

He followed the Constitution. 

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

An eye for an eye until we are all blind. Yay us. 

FWIW IMO the politics of Ginsburg's health would be very interesting if it didn't pre-suppose her death.  Her life is more important than her job.  

Agree with her politics or not, the woman has dignity.  Politicians and pundits spinning and twisting to define what should happen to her job pissed away their own dignity long ago.  It's ghoulish.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, B-Man said:

BRINGING REAL DIVERSITY TO THE NINTH CIRCUIT: 

Trump Announces New California Judicial Nominees.

If Trump flips the 9th circuit, it will be just the tasty meltdown nugget the world needs from the left to keep them babbling until word about RBG is released.

Because that's when the real crazy will be released by the left.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, billsfan2298 said:

While it's not required and some justices usually skip it, it will be interesting to see if she is at the SOTU on Tuesday. I highly doubt she shows up, but you never know.

She won't be there because of her health.  But her health won't be what is reported in the Media.  The Narrative will be that she is boycotting SOTU in protest of some Trump policy or action

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

She won't be there because of her health.  But her health won't be what is reported in the Media.  The Narrative will be that she is boycotting SOTU in protest of some Trump policy or action

Yeah....she has a problem with his Pro-Life requirement.

Bazinga !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The DNC narrative.

The Republican narrative will be "They're keeping her comfortable while they decide what to do."

15 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

At what point will she be required to ever make an appearance?

They are training her look-a-like right now while they keep Ginsburg technically alive on machines.  Kinda like Kevin Kline in Dave.

The justice sat in the back of the darkened auditorium at the National Museum of Women in the Arts and, according to The Washington Post, was only spotted by concertgoers as they left the performance.

The article sounds like a press release spinning the facts, rather than journalism .

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yeah, if she was at her DIL's performance for even 1 second, someone would have snapped a photo or given her a standing O...

It's truly sad that she didn't retire years ago.  People like her are mentally ill, hanging on to their self-important positions until the grave or until they can no longer enjoy living life.  Same goes for many others in Washington. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

It's truly sad that she didn't retire years ago.  People like her are mentally ill, hanging on to their self-important positions until the grave or until they can no longer enjoy living life.  Same goes for many others in Washington. 

She doesn’t know what her name is by now 

• Like (+1) 1