Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Fallen

3rdnlng

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/08/supreme-court-justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-85-has-broken-her-ribs-in-a-fall.html

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just heard on the news that RBG has fallen and broke several ribs.

Please change the title to POTUS Donald Trump's Next Supreme Court Nominee

It's gonna happen. It's really gonna happen. 

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I don't wish personal Ill will towards her but maybe it is time to retire.  It seldom gets better at advanced age.

:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Broken ribs (especially in a senior) are very painful and take quite a while to heal.

Best of luck to her, but she should have retired years ago.

And when seniors start falling and breaking bones, it's usually the clear start of the long slide through incapacity towards the end.

Godspeed and good luck, Ms. Ginsburg.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, DC Tom said:

And when seniors start falling and breaking bones, it's usually the clear start of the long slide through incapacity towards the end.

Agreed.

You never like to see this begin to happen to seniors.  Terrible thing to watch them suffer, and to see what their families go through.

It's unfortunate that this has to have political undertones to it (overtones in this environment if we're honest), but she really should have retired years ago.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

At the Brett Kavanaugh SC swearing ceremony which was held in the White House I noticed that when everyone stood at the end the USSC members did not.  They remained seated.  I have no doubt that the USSC members remained seated because Ruth Bader Ginsburg was unable to stand.

SCOTUS always remains seated.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

My mother fell down the basement stairs when she was about RBG age and broke her pelvis and an arm. With the help of rehab she gained her mobility back and has no problem touching the floor without bending her knees. Although I don't agree with RBG's liberal bent I wish her a speedy recovery and that any physical problems are not the reason for her to resign.

• Like (+1) 3

My grandma broke her hip, went to the hospital to have it repaired no surgically. At 88 years old and being a tough farm woman all her life it was more than she could overcome and passed a week later.  I hope she can recover, it's terrible to have happen

To set aside the politics, I hope she is alright and recovers quickly. 

To to lean into the politics of it a bit, it’s sad that there will be a premium given on keeping her seated instead of focusing on her health and recovery. To echo others, she should be long gone from that job. 

To embrace some humor, can anyone photoshop a picture of Trump sawing the leg off a walker? (The adult mobility device kind, not the zombie kind) cause that would be amazing. 

To really be be a complete d-bag, I will admit that I border on the line that says “old people die” and her death will mean something very significant for this country so this becomes an interesting thing to monitor. 

Edited by whatdrought

28 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

At the Brett Kavanaugh SC swearing ceremony which was held in the White House I noticed that when everyone stood at the end the USSC members did not.  They remained seated.  I have no doubt that the USSC members remained seated because Ruth Bader Ginsburg was unable to stand.

Your “no doubt” is misplaced. They don’t cheer, stand, or celebrate political moments. 

She is past her best years as a jurist but I wish her good health as a person. 

To be honest, I genuinely feel badly that she had to suffer such a thing at her age. You can only imagine how fragile you must be to fall down in your own office and break three ribs.

I recall there was what seemed like a large contingent of leftists pushing for her to retire before Obama was done.

If you're so inclined today, we see leftists posting their sarcastic "thoughts and prayers" on social media because of the CA shooting. Feel free to post the story about RBG and post "Thoughts and prayers" and watch their heads explode.