Ruth Bader Ginsburg Has Fallen

3rdnlng

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I am hoping that Justice Thomas, (if he must retire) announces that he will be done come this June also.

That will stretch the "outrage machine"  to it's limits.

Yeah...he needs to do the right thing and step down this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I think he will. It'll be timed with whatever best helps their 2020 campaign chances imo. 

That would be fun if he retired in 2020. I'd love to hear all the Democrats screaming about how the Biden rule should suddenly now be enforced.

• Haha (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

That would be fun if he retired in 2020. I'd love to hear all the Democrats screaming about how the Biden rule should suddenly now be enforced.

After the failed Borking of Justice Kavanaugh  using the ‘metoo#’ strategy, you have to wonder what hysteria Chuck & friends will try next time.

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

After the failed Borking of Justice Kavanaugh  using the ‘metoo#’ strategy, you have to wonder what hysteria Chuck & friends will try next time.

You know Trump's nominating a female judge for the position, just to screw with the Democrats (and probably because she's qualified and *****.)

• Like (+1) 1

As a socially conservative leftist, it will be interesting to see the bench go right.  I know my fellow leftists disagree, IMO, it may be exactly what the doctored ordered for some of the ills of society... If in fact the SCOTUS has the balls to hand down the medicine to a society off the rails.

There will be some tough love... Especially when it comes to environmental issues.

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You know Trump's nominating a female judge for the position, just to screw with the Democrats (and probably because she's qualified and *****.)

Oh, no question.  He won’t open himself up to that again.

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

At which time Avenatti will announce that his new client, Ron Jeremy, has sordid MILF stories about the nominee and will be opening for Chippendales in Vegas to tell his story.

Shortly there after, Jeremy will wonder what Avenatti did with all his GoFundMe money.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just remember, folks: Whomever Trump's next nominee is will have sexually assaulted someone at an unspecified date, time, and place 3 or more decades ago. We are not to question the allegations, at all. We must completely believe the thin/vague story that will be cobbled together on the fly, and remark at how brave and noble the victim is for coming forward on their own, flanked by Democrat operatives legal counsel, and without compensation (that isn't coming from multiple large GoFundMe donations whose IP addresses somehow matches those of the DNC.)

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Now Gorka piping up about it... 

Him and Wohl = my suspicions rising immensely that this is not real. 

... But there are a lot of people talking about it outside of them. Something is going on with her and people are trying to get out ahead of it.

You could, however, easily surmise that a President who responds to a Jim Acosta tweet with  "Dear Diary..." would also be having his Chumleys sliding out this information to set Friday social media/news on fire...which it undoubtedly will, as driven by the hard-core money-giving left base freaking out...and Presto...compromise on the wall.

I'm not saying that's what's happening. I'm just saying, Trump knows the left doesn't have control of itself. Shumer and Pelosi are the jokes of the town. Now name one thing that would create the greatest leftist meltdown ever after we already witnessed the greatest leftist meltdown ever.

Go ahead. Name one thing. :lol:

Someone should tell Orville Reddenbacher to increase production. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

You could, however, easily surmise that a President who responds to a Jim Acosta tweet with  "Dear Diary..." would also be having his Chumleys sliding out this information to set Friday social media/news on fire...which it undoubtedly will, as driven by the hard-core money-giving left base freaking out...and Presto...compromise on the wall.

I'm not saying that's what's happening. I'm just saying, Trump knows the left doesn't have control of itself. Shumer and Pelosi are the jokes of the town. Now name one thing that would create the greatest leftist meltdown ever after we already witnessed the greatest leftist meltdown ever.

Go ahead. Name one thing. :lol:

Trump, 2020, "Making America Twice As Great!"

RBG has developed complications with pneumonia and is fighting for her life? the outlet that first reported she had lung cancer is now reporting she is deathly ill.

Stricken with Pneumonia, Ruth Bader Ginsburg Cancels Event Set for January 29, 2019

... Following surgery, she has developed complications including pneumonia. Pneumonia often afflicts elderly post surgery patients in the US, since antibiotics have resulted in Multi Resistant Strains of the lung infection. ...

Time to fire up the judicial confirmation engines again

Posted by William A. Jacobson

Trump needs to speed up renominations, Graham needs to spirit them through the Judiciary Committee, and McConnell needs to get tough on Democrat stall tactics for floor votes.

I’m so old, I remember when Republicans were ramming judicial nominations through the Senate, and Democrats were squealing like stuck pigs about it.

Then came Jeff Flake’s attempt to disrupt the process unless a bill were passed protecting Mueller, and then the congressional term ran out with Democrats refusing to carry over the nominations. That left 13 nominees for appeals courts and 60 nominees for District and other lower courts hung out to dry.

(more…)

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

has she been seen in public of late?

which raises one of my concerns.  should ginsburg be required to cast her decisions in person or should SCOUTS be allowed to vote by proxy on the assumption that the actual Justice is rendering judgement rather than a clerk or political entity on her behalf

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

which raises one of my concerns.  should ginsburg be required to cast her decisions in person or should SCOUTS be allowed to vote by proxy on the assumption that the actual Justice is rendering judgement rather than a clerk or political entity on her behalf

I doubt it's either. I'm sure they call her for the vote/discussion.

Oral arguments are really the least important part of an appeal. Sometimes you can change a judge's mind or get one off the fence by clarifying a point for them, but decisions are mostly made based on the briefs.