Rams inquired about Hughes

Virgil

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Never understood the trade Hughes talk. Would be almost as dumb as the Watkins trade. 

I understand trading a player player who will be a free agent and get something instead of walking.  At the same time I have trouble in trading a player who you could keep ( young age) who you would need to replace with a pick.

like with Shady...Buffalo didn’t have an heir to take his role on the team.  

Twi hugh level priority picks next year is RB and WR. I think a WR can be gotten late 1st and early 2nd and RB in 3rd or 4th if they aren’t found as UFAs.

19 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I hope he is extended.  He and Nick Bosa will be excellent DE bookends for years to come ?

I will throw up if this happens. We can’t afford to address our offensive issues in the draft.  If there isn’t a guy of value, trade back.  

It’s a moot point as the new factory of sadness will take Bosa to replace Mack. 

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

I understand trading a player player who will be a free agent and get something instead of walking.  At the same time I have trouble in trading a player who you could keep ( young age) who you would need to replace with a pick.

like with Shady...Buffalo didn’t have an heir to take his role on the team.  

Twi hugh level priority picks next year is RB and WR. I think a WR can be gotten late 1st and early 2nd and RB in 3rd or 4th if they aren’t found as UFAs.

He's under contract next season: Jerry Hughes Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap

37 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I hope he is extended.  He and Nick Bosa will be excellent DE bookends for years to come ?

I don't see us ending up with Bosa

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Never understood the trade Hughes talk. Would be almost as dumb as the Watkins trade. 

I hope you mean the trade to GET Watkins

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

There's a difference between rebuilding while dumping older veteran players and trading away young, good talent in favor of unknown draft picks.

Pure stupidity.

I hear ya.  I think alot of it was getting picks to move up for a QB and freeing up cap space.  We will see if it will eventually work out or not.

55 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Was just reading that.  

Feels like mcbeane have at least a little loyalty to the core players.  Hughes and McCoy will be here next year if they can restructure them a bit. 

Yeah I think they'll definitely be here. I mean Hughes is a monster and a strip sack machine , as well as a leader.  Shady is a top playmaker in the nfl, despite the numbers and also a leader and Captain. 

Both will be surrounded by an influx of talent and I believe next year will be the year we turn into legit contenders

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

didn't know they were that desperate for pass rush, guess they want to go all in for the super bowl. I can see them crashing in few years.

I don't see the Bills finishing lower than LAR... I believe we'll get a top 4-5 pick most likely... I wouldn't mind trading down a few spots and picking up an extra 2nd rd pick... I wouldn't be shocked if they actually traded back/down a couple of times picking up a couple extra 2nd rd picks in the process while ending up drafting between #10-12...  Those extra 2nd rd picks could help replenish the talent on this team...