I honestly think Zay Jones is a decent wide receiver

Bills365

41 minutes ago, Bills365 said:

Am i the only one who thinks that this guy is atleast a decent wide receiver #2 in this league? He has definately improved his route running. He hasnt had any bad drops not that he has had many passes thrown to him. From watching the games and then rewatching he seems to seperate and catch the ball when given the chance. I feel like if he had a decent qb throwing to him he could be a legitimate receiver in this league. Am i just delusional here? I know alot of people have been down on this guy but i have a feeling he will shine by the end of his rookie contract.

zay impressed compared to last season.....he is a keeper for sure.....imagine if only we had a somewhat functional offense he will be even better

Idk what the stats say but my eyes are telling me he’s open a lot and he’s catching the football. He looks much improved and I think he has a future in the league. He could develop into a solid WR2 and there is some hope he could become a WR1 if he has the right QB and system. 

1 hour ago, Bills365 said:

Am i the only one who thinks that this guy is atleast a decent wide receiver #2 in this league? He has definately improved his route running. He hasnt had any bad drops not that he has had many passes thrown to him. From watching the games and then rewatching he seems to seperate and catch the ball when given the chance. I feel like if he had a decent qb throwing to him he could be a legitimate receiver in this league. Am i just delusional here? I know alot of people have been down on this guy but i have a feeling he will shine by the end of his rookie contract.

He wasn't.

But the last three weeks or so the light appears to have come on.

Zay has definitely looked better this year than last year... which isn't hard to do but nonetheless its still a positive development. I mean you can only go up from there, or be out of the league all together. I imagine with better qb play & a better surrounding cast his stats would improve. Pretty much what plagues the entire offense right now.

I think Zay has proven thus far he at least belongs in the NFL. Now to what degree can he be effective is a the question? Right now he is playing as a fringe WR3 or high end WR4 but his play is consistently improving as he seems to be gaining more confidence. If (and this is a big IF) Zay finishes the back half of the year strong I think you can be comfortable having him be the WR3 of this team going into 2019. But if his play isn't that strong I think you have to bring in a vet or rookie at WR 3 to make him battle for that spot. But as of now Zay is looking like he might be salvageable. 

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I'm eating crow. I was a huge critic last year.  He played really well last night and the drops are way down.

As it stands right now, Zay is the only WR on this team I would want to bring back next season.

Bills fans are pretty quick to write players off. It is the upshot of so much losing. We see rookies coming in and dazzling NFL fans, in other cities, and we wonder why our guys can never do that. People here were ready to declare Edmunds a bust, after two games...and how about Matt Milano?  Everybody loves him now...Aaron Williams was a whipping boy a few years ago, before becoming a fan favorite.  It may be that bad teams take longer to develop young talent.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills365 said:

You can definitely see the difference from last season, with viable QB play I think he'll be just fine as it usually takes a WR 3 seasons to start living up to the draft status.

• Like (+1) 1

He's a bigger, faster Josh Reed. Eh reciever, who isn't a game breaker, but will make some solid plays in the slot. I was hoping he'd be more Golden Tate, but he's more Josh Reed imo. I think with Pryor and KB on the outside, we could see Zay with a mini breakout.