Ok All Those Who Want Beane/McDermott Fired? Who Do YOU Want?

Like A Mofo

Easy really, in this offensive league we need an offense first coach, we likely can’t get the best candidate, but pull the best guy we can from either KC/LA/NO to begin with 

We also need better eyes for offensive talent, those who make the talent argument fail to acknowledge the moves made not with an eye toward a rebuild that have failed, KB/Zay/Coleman/Kerley. And the handling of McCarron to get us where we currently stand. Bringing in those guys wasn’t part of a tank, it’s pure ineptitude.

And McDermott specifically, whiffing HARD twice on OC, considerably behind the times on Dennison and then hires a guy who has called plays one time since 2012, and has a horrid track record when he does. It isn’t nearly as much the talent as it is this. The busts mentioned above would be fine in the right play designers hands. You can scheme to get open in this Swiss cheese league, unless you are dense and inept. Give Chan Gailey his playsheet and we win last night.

So in summary what I want is modern offense, it’s all that matters. The model they are building stopped working at least 3 years ago, and the rules keep putting it further in the rear view 

4 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

I want someone that knows how to build an offense. Someone that can evaluate talent beyond how they fit into a culture. I want someone that can call plays on offense when needed. Good Defensive Coordinators are a dime a dozen. Defenses no longer win in this NFL. They keep you in games, but they do not win them. McDermott is a glorified D-Coordinator, who is over his head as a head coach.

I'm not sure they tried to build an offense and no one here knows the answer to that.  Their strategy could be we don't have enough money for both so lets build the defense first.  Long term offensive salaries are higher so does make sense to get the defense going first as once players are all off rookie contracts harder to keep all your offensive plyers as they are paid more.  Seattle did that, Rams kind of did too.

IMO The one miscalculation by the front office was that they were as good as they were last year which landed them a lower than expected draft slot which meant took more draft capital to move up to the top.  If they had finished 8-8 where they would have drafted, likely could have kept at least one of the extra 2nd or 3rd rounders  if not two.  Those could hve been used on the offense, but instead are rather bare.

6 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

We all hear how badly some here want Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane fired NOW.

Who do you want the Pegulas to get right now that would be much better?

Don't just say 'I want them fired', provide a solution, a reasonable solution.

Thank you.

Why do you express contempt for your fellow Bills fans and not the organization itself?

The fans didn't create this ***** show.

5 hours ago, Pete said:

I give Beane one more year.  There should be a marked improvement after 3 years.  I don't care what kind of mess a NFL GM walks into.  If the team is not improved in 3 years- sayonara 

Yeah but it really wasn't that big of a mess to begin with and most of which currently is a mess was crated By McBeane themselves!

Buffalo was not Cleveland, starting out at ground zero, when McDermott was hired.

• Like (+1) 1

Not the fans job. Nothing wrong with expecting better. Expecting at a minimum a group that does not continue to trot out Peterman as starting QB. That makes the Bills organization the joke of the NFL. When they signed Terrelle Pryor local and national media joked or maybe is serious that he should be starting QB. It is sad. We should expect and deserve better but dont need to have all the answers as fans. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 3

I'm fine keeping what we have.

But next I would throw a ton of money and power at Nick Caserio of the Pats. He's basically been their pseudo general manager for a while. Probably bring Josh McDaniels with him. 

I also think John Defellipo and Matt Lafluer are going to be the hot new coordinators on the next hiring cycle. I think LaFleur is pretty interesting. I also think Dan Campbell of the Saints deserves a chance to be a head coach again. I was impressed with what he did in Miami and now he's serving under Sean Payton. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Why do you express contempt for your fellow Bills fans and not the organization itself?

The fans didn't create this ***** show.

I don't see contempt for Bills fans in OP's post. I also don't see any contempt OR support for the existing regime by OP.

What I do see is contempt for the call to fire without a thought as to who to bring in and a request for more than the typical "Sue you? I'm suing everyone!" response (sorry - obscure Jerky Boys reference). Seems like a reasonable point of discussion that few have chosen to respond to.

Coaches - young offensive minds with success as QB coaches and offensive coordinators.  John DeFillipo and Matt LaFleur come to mind.  I don't want college coaches as they often have difficulty translating their success to the NFL.

GM - Reggie McKenzie as I'm hoping Jon Gruden and him butt heads forcing McKenzie out.  

• Like (+1) 2

If they fire the GM after just 1 draft and HC after breaking the 17 year curse and halfway through a rebuild, no one will want either job. Why would they if they know that they'll only get 2 years to turn it around? Stop whining. Let's see how they do this offseason.

All who want them  fired, should be fired from being fans. You all have no clue that we are rebuilding and expect us to win this season when we simply can not with these offensive players. Please get educated and stop whining like millennials.

Thank you and peace out.

9 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Anyone who wants to run a modern NFL offense. 

You mean the same scheme that is run by the Patriots?? Yeah it's so old and outdated , it could never work in Today's NFL.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

They have none. They're angry millenials who think that THEIR WAY is the best way and if they don't do it that way then fire everyone. 

FTFY

15 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

I want someone that knows how to build an offense. Someone that can evaluate talent beyond how they fit into a culture. I want someone that can call plays on offense when needed. Good Defensive Coordinators are a dime a dozen. Defenses no longer win in this NFL. They keep you in games, but they do not win them. McDermott is a glorified D-Coordinator, who is over his head as a head coach.

Name a name. Any name.

14 hours ago, jkirchofer said:

Jim Harbaugh

:lol:

Oh wait. Sorry about the previous reply. I must have been blinded by THIS bit of genius.

14 hours ago, Pete said:

I give Beane one more year.  There should be a marked improvement after 3 years.  I don't care what kind of mess a NFL GM walks into.  If the team is not improved in 3 years- sayonara 

Beane will have been here a total of 2 years at that point.

I'm a rare breed of liking Beane and McDermott but also wanting better. Would much rather have preferred Sean stayed a DC. 

Lincoln Riley, Harbaugh, DeFillipo, I'll take anyone from the Rams offensive staff, literally anyone. I WANTED REICH SO DAMN BAD...

Edited by Elite Poster