Brandon Beane deserves to be fired tomorrow

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The roster was among the better rosters in the league in 2015. 

It was still solid in 2016. The coaching was atrocious. McDermott is a good defensive coach. As a guy running the entire organization, he is in over his head and the head scratching decisions he made on the offensive side of the football since he got here and results that have followed is evidence of that. 

It was pretty good, but it was also aging.  

His decisions weren't that tough.  He knew that you cannot build an offense without a QB.  He did what he had to get the QB, planned to sit him this year (sacrificing this year) and then build around him.  Not only is that not difficult to comprehend, it reflects a long term, sensible strategy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Remember how the defense looked terrible against the Ravens and for about a half against the Chargers and then "something" happened?

It was a change in coaching and strategy.  Same players that are a lights out squad now.  

Just now, ScottLaw said:

It was aging..... so his logic is make it even older by trading and letting walk the young, GOOD players they actually had here.

The decisions to completely overhaul the roster were ego driven. That is all.

Lol. People throw around this term "ego" like they have any idea what it means.  Every decision is "ego" driven.  You make a move because YOU think it is the right move to make.  

It was the right move to make.  He did what he had to do to get his QB.  That is how you build an NFL offense.  He made the right move.  Its not about immediate gratification.  It is about long term goal.  

This is nothing more than the rumblings of petulant children. 

I understand people’s frustrations and in hindsight probably should have kept TT, fire Peterman, and make a run for Bridgewater before NO scooped him up.  With that said, we are playing with a lights out defense, and yes this is the worst Offense in NFL HISTORY in the SB ERA.

Next year we have 10 picks, and almost $100 mil to spend.  They just signed Pryor, and should trade Shady to Philly.  I can’t believe we don’t spend 85% of our money and picks on offense.  Having the players in only their first or second year, we don’t have that many people to resign.

im done with the Bills for this year as I can’t watch that offense.  I cancelled my ticket for the first time in 20 years.  Thankfully I live in Tampa and is a huge mistake to not try and trade Winston today and live Fitz for the year.  

I agree with much of Coach Tuesday's reasoning but not his conclusion. I don't think the conclusion is wrong so much as it is premature. 

I am giving the pair of them this offseason to turn it around. But this team better look a lot better in 2019. Not just going from a likely 3-13ish season to a 6-10. Like this team needs to be .500 or better and look like a team on the verge of really competing next season or else I am firing them both after 2019.

36 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Finally people are realizing what a cluster Beane is.

He will end up going down as the worst GM this team has ever seen, and that is saying a lot.

The guy is clueless, yet has one of the biggest egos I have ever seen.

McDermott and Whaley were great together.  Provided a nice check and balance.  Whaley was able to scout, and McDermott was allowed to make the decisions based on Whaley's scouting.

Beane now runs everything player wise and it is a stark contrast to the talent that was brought in before he got here.

***** what?! When did they work together? Whaaa?

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

The roster was among the better rosters in the league in 2015. 

It was still solid in 2016. The coaching was atrocious. McDermott is a good defensive coach. As a guy running the entire organization, he is in over his head and the head scratching decisions he made on the offensive side of the football since he got here and results that have followed is evidence of that. 

The roster was certainly better a few years ago, I don’t think anyone is going to dispute that. Look at the dead cap money, the QB situation, the Woods/Incog situations. When you do a hard reset of the roster the immediate impact is going to be a less talented team. Would a Taylor lead team with lazy Marcell and once a month Watkins win more than this team? Of course. 

McBeane didn’t think they could get to the top with that group of players. Some fans such as myself as believe that. You clearly think they could have. I’d rather suffer through a bad season in hopes of something better but as I said above these guys are making some simple mistakes. Mistakes that will cost them their jobs. How many new coaches get a chance at hiring three OC’s? I can’t imagine it’s many.

Captain Peterman and his sidekick Anderson are going to drive what’s left of this ship straight into a rock wall. McD will be amongst the most likely to get fired in 19’ and for good reason. 

The Bills shed a lot of relatively young players (Darby, Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Gilmore, Ragland, Darreus and even Glenn).  I understand that many of these players left by choice via free agency, but this is not a group of golden oldies.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Lmao. 

Right. Because they couldn't have drafted a QB without trading Watkins and letting Woods and Goodwin walk, and trading Glenn.

Where the ***** do people come up with this stuff? 

Sure, you can always draft a QB in the 2nd, 3rd round, etc.  

But to get a good QB, you have to draft high.  To make the playoffs and then draft high you have to trade up.  Do you know what you trade up with?  Draft picks! Draft picks you acquire from trading guys like Watkins and Glenn! 

54 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

back up from the edge.... this is part of the rebuild process. We ALL knew this coming in to this year.

Not a single person on this board would’ve been ok with the hire if they were told THIS was the plan two years ago 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott and Beane are joined at the hip.  They deserve a chance to fix the offense by adding talent to support Allen with the hope that he's the franchise QB. They have through 2019 at a minimum. 

I'm really questioning their grasp on the offensive side:

Draft Rookie QB 

- Give said Rookie QB a QB coach who had neither played QB nor has ever been a QB coach in the NFL

- Give Rookie QB no veteran voice in the room as a mentor nor have a player on the roster to truly play the caretaker role for a year

- by his 3rd start, Allen had accumulated the most NFL QB playing experience on the Roster

Identify Kelvin Benjamin as someone to build around by giving up a 3rd round pick to acquire him

Watch Benjamin struggle with drops, lack of intensity and mental lapses making resigning him a laughable

Take NFL leading run game, change blocking schemes, change O-line Coach and build around aging RB's

There's alot on the defensive side of the ball that says they can identify those players, but the O side looks very concerning

Edited by 5 Wide
  • Like (+1) 1

Remember when Coach Tuesday wouldn't shut up about Zay Jones? Now that Zay looks competent at worst, I noticed he doesn't say too much anymore. He was wrong about that and I bet he will be wrong about his too. Mr. Instant Gratification.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Oh. To get a QB you need to draft high?

You mean like when we could've drafted Watson or Mahomes and instead traded down and took a CB??

You don't want Tre White? Rather have Phil Gaines as no 1? ***** off.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Oh. To get a QB you need to draft high?

You mean like when we could've drafted Watson or Mahomes and instead traded down and took a CB??

So this whole thread is about Beane.  Beane wasn't here when those decisions were made. 

In fact, we had a lame duck GM.  So your solution is to invest the future in the franchise (and McDermotts future as a coach) in a QB that hasn't been vetted by your people?  QBs who almost universally were considered highly flawed prospects?  

Just now, 5 Wide said:

I'm really questioning their grasp on the offensive side:

Draft Rookie QB 

- Give said Rookie QB a QB coach who had neither played QB nor has ever been a QB coach in the NFL

- Give Rookie QB no veteran voice in the room as a mentor nor have a player on the roster to truly play the caretaker role for a year

- by his 3rd start, Allen had accumulated the most NFL playing experience on the Roster

Identify Kelvin Benjamin as someone to build around by giving up a 3rd round pick to acquire him

Watch Benjamin struggle with drops, lack of intensity and mental lapses making resigning him a laughable

Take NFL leading run game, change blocking schemes, change O-line Coach and build around aging RB's

There's alot on the defensive side of the ball that says they can identify those players, but the O side looks very concerning

I am too, but they will get the chance to fix the offense they both played a large role in breaking and subsequently not allocating any premium resources in the way of replacements.  It's a case of pure ineptness on the offensive side of the ball at this juncture.

• Like (+1) 1