Bills tried to sign WR Isaiah McKenzie off Broncos PS; claim on waivers

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Pretty silly to say BB is good at drafting when he’s only been here for 1 draft and the results so far aren’t the greatest.

Edmunds, Taron Johnson, Harrison Philips all look like pretty good players.

Neal has been ok when hes played too. 

Jury is out on Allen, but his talent is undeniable 

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Edmunds has been up and down a a lot. At times he’ll make plays that show off his crazy range and athleticism. Other times he looks lost and out of position. To be expected from such a young player.

I really like Taron so far. He definitely looks like a good piece to the defense.

Harrison at worst will likely be a decent depth guy.

It’s all been a giant mixed bag so far. Allen is obviously the most important part of BB’s first draft. To say he’s good at drafting is premature.

3 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Edmunds has been about our worst defensive starter so far. Just FYI. I liked him coming out as well but it is one step forward (he played probably his best game in Houston) two steps back (he was awful at Indy). Phillips and Taron are the two best picks in that draft class so far.

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, getting fitted for the yellow jacket along with Brandon Reilly and Jonathan Williams. If the NFL won’t recognize their greatness, TSW will hold its own ceremony dammit 

Not saying you're wrong, but we fans have been right on several players the Bills should have drafted.

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

Hm I think it's way too early on that one. Esp when you're most important draft pick is struggling mightily, your 2nd round receiver is beyond bad, your 2nd round left tackle has regressed in run blocking severely, youre rookie mlb has been roasted in at least 3 games this year relentlessly, so for the Milanos and T Johnsons there are plenty of unknowns and one could make a case they still fall into that category. Tre White is great..otherwise let's be careful on anointing them.

But but... you don’t know the team.  

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Are you referring to Gentry? Because they did draft/sign the other two.

Just in general, that we Bills fans have pushed hard for guys, and it turned out the Bills should have listened.

2 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Just in general, that we Bills fans have pushed hard for guys, and it turned out the Bills should have listened.

I’m sure that’s the case but I was only talking about these particular players. And clearly, no team is interested in them not just the Bills. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

I imagine those game checks are bigger than practice squad checks. and at 5'7 I'd be looking for every penny I could get. 

.....yeah, well, like, Jordan Mathews might have some advice for the youngster as to why staying on the Broncos practice squad might be better for his career than an active roster spot with the Bills.

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

.....yeah, well, like, Jordan Mathews might have some advice for the youngster as to why staying on the Broncos practice squad might be better for his career than an active roster spot with the Bills.

Except he is not staying on the Broncos practice squad.

He got called up to the active roster to replace Kelly.

My understanding was if they did not move him up to the active roster he would be on the Bills active roster.

It is not like he declined to stay in a lower place as you are insinuating - he had a choice between Buffalo and Denver’s active roster and he has been in Denver’s system all off season and up until now - easy choice for the young man.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

Beane just doing his job.  Relax.  Guy you like becomes available, you try to get him.   Pretty simple process.   Bills have priority position for these kind of FAs , so there you go.  Just doing his job.  Building the roster.    Geez, posters get crazy when team doesn't win.   Now people are complaining about practice squad moves?  yikes. 

If Beane had his eyes on a very undersized practice squad receiver from Denver with fumble problems, and still couldn't get it done, then that's a problem, McDermottclone777689.

It's a far more likely scenario that everybody is in over their head, scrambling, and still couldn't properly sign a sub-par receiver for an even more glaringly deficient hole on the roster. McBeane is overmatched. Considering that the koolaid hasn't killed you yet, you can still spit it out.