Bills tried to sign WR Isaiah McKenzie off Broncos PS; claim on waivers

YoloinOhio

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

This guy. His name was Jonathan Smith. For some reason they called him Fast Freddie. And he was slow. 

IMG_0180.JPG

Appreciate it. I vaguely remember him after seeing the pic.

Isiah's got some Avion Black to his game as well.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 6:49 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds like they were maybe trying to replace Ray Ray.

but McKenzie fumbled 6 times? What? 

My brother mentioned this to me last Sunday.  I hadn't bothered to read up on him and this is very concerning to me.  Three of those six were lost, they were all on just 21 punt returns and I'd be interested to know how many were actually muffed.  Catching punts at New Era Field is about as tough as it gets. 

Just about every return I see a Bill make, I repeat out loud  "Hold on to the ball, hold on to the ball, hold on to the ball......" until the play is over.   Now I know why McDermott said he was concerned about the play that was ruled a fumble but easily overturned.  He likely knows the history and wants this kid to demonstrate that it's no longer an issue.

5 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

My brother mentioned this to me last Sunday.  I hadn't bothered to read up on him and this is very concerning to me.  Three of those six were lost, they were all on just 21 punt returns and I'd be interested to know how many were actually muffed.  Catching punts at New Era Field is about as tough as it gets. 

Just about every return I see a Bill make, I repeat out loud  "Hold on to the ball, hold on to the ball, hold on to the ball......" until the play is over.   Now I know why McDermott said he was concerned about the play that was ruled a fumble but easily overturned.  He likely knows the history and wants this kid to demonstrate that it's no longer an issue.

His ball security was frightening to me on Sunday on PR. Keep Hyde back there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Every return I see a Bill make, I say "just fair catch it and avoid the block in the back penalty."

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

I dunno, his ball security is a known issue. But I guess the two aren't mutually exclusive lol. 

The issue with that fumble-itis is it has a way of appearing when you can least affford it to. 

I mean near misses will abound in times where it’s not too critical to the outcome.

But when you absolutely cannot afford the turnover, that’s when it hits.  

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Every return I see a Bill make, I say "just fair catch it and avoid the block in the back penalty."

Nah. Not to worry. The penalty will be declined because the punting team has recovered McKenzie's fumble. (Seriously, I saw all his Broncos fumbles ... he is a disaster waiting to happen on returns. But I do like him as a speed guy on offense still)

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Nah. Not to worry. The penalty will be declined because the punting team has recovered McKenzie's fumble. (Seriously, I saw all his Broncos fumbles ... he is a disaster waiting to happen on returns. But I do like him as a speed guy on offense still)

All were on punts and not KRs so were they muffs or actual fumbles?  I do not think the website I found was making a distinction.  A poor punt catcher or poor ball security under tackle?