How and Why The Bills Could Win Monday Night

Kevin1778

Here's the only way the Bills win.

Haushka kicks "7" 70+ yard field goals to set an NFL record.

Sadly, that is the reality of it, as Bills will be lucky to get past the 35 yd line on most of their possessions. 

So we'd need Haushka's record breaking 80yd FG's plus Derek Anderson throwing for 300 yds and at least 3 TD's and Ivory, Murph or ST getting another.  Na, even that wouldn't do it as Brady carves up Bills D and the final score is NE 52-49 in a heart-breaking thriller.

The real score will be something like 42-6.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m not a gambler. Outside of my two fantasy leagues, my suicide pool, my monthly trips to Atlantic City, the occasional bachelor party in Vegas, my addiction to QuickDraw, and the occasional c-note added to my TwinSpires account, I don’t see the point in gambling away hard earned money. 

That said, if I was a gambling man, I’d take NE -14 in a heartbeat. 

We we quite literally have maybe 20 guys who would start on any other football teams (and don’t ask me to name them). 

And these are the New England Patriots. 

And the game is on national TV. 

Just because every player on the Vikings  apparently came down with a 24 hour case of Bell’s palsy the day we played them does not mean we should have any hope of coming close to beating the Pats. 

22 hours ago, jaybee said:

3) Coach Belichick 

4) Coach McDermott

5) Tom Brady

6) Derek Anderson 

We have played the Patriots tough for many years in a losing cause. I don't think we get killed as bad as everyone thinks but we'll find a way to lose. I just have that feeling.

in previous years the Bills were able to put points on the board. this year, the offense is on pace for a historic low.

Edited by 87168
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Steptide said:

It was more than that. Bills forced 5 Dallas turnovers that night. Edwards threw an interception at the 3 yard line (if I remember right) that got returned either for a td, or the other side of the field. Then with like 50 seconds left and Dallas down by 2, they kick an on sides kick and recover the ball. Then proceed to go down field and get to the edge of field goal range, and Dallas's kicker boots a 55 yard fg to win the game. I remember I couldn't even sleep that night. That game was by far one of the hardest losses as a bills fan during the drought years 

Yeah it was a tough one I don’t think I’ll ever forget that game. They had me so gassed up that we were gonna win and it all came crashing down. And I was watching it with a cowboys fan. Ughh it was brutal makes me mad just thinking about it lol. I got really drunk that night. Drinking Jager bombs so I didn’t sleep well either

Edited by Rebel101

9 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This team is not currently constructed to beat the Patriots

We have the defense to keep us in it....but you have to match the patriots points and they WILL score.......of that there is a certainty

I see our defense putting up a gutty effort.......while our offensive line continues to not be able to open holes for the running backs when it matters.....and wide receivers that dont run their routes, pop balls into the air, not fight for balls......doing us in

Eventually our defense will tire.....and Brady is a vicious a hole when that happens......

That is how it plays out in my mind

but.....as I have said a few times....that is how this team is currently constructed this year.....we are not openly tanking....that is bad for ticket sales....but this is what they were actually trying to do in year 1 but McD just coached the heck out of this team and we got the playoffs....which ultimately hurt us in our quest to draft a QB as we ended up having to give up 2nd rounders and Glenn to move up into the rounds to be able to get one of the top guys......Beane is not letting that happen this year.

I know that sounds aweful and very conspiracy thinking......but this is what my gut tells me.

That's really what will decide how close the game ends up being - win or loss, the score will reflect how long our offense can stay on the field. While almost all but hopeless, if our offense can stay on the field longer than three plays a drive, we'll be competitive. Their Defense is atrocious so that's all that is currently giving me hope.

I'm going to be looking for a lot from Ivory, Clay, Zay, and ugh Holmes - KB will be mia all night with Gilmore on him. Though I like KB in jump ball situations Gilmore is too dirty of a DB to let KB compete in the least. Here's a formula that helps: OL shows up + Ivory healthy and on point = longer drives against a crap run defense team.

Edited by ctk232

yeah their defense sucks but we wont take advantage of it  Lets be honest, they will stack the box on early downs and Clappy will run right into it  Then on third and long they will play press man and bring heat on old Man Anderson  Game over  Highly doubt Daboll all of a sudden gets after them on early downs  We'll play for that 1% likelyhood that somehow we get multiple turnovers and can stay within a score in the 4th  Note to self, restock beer for Monday

I am going to channel my inner Gregg Williams for a moment.  Edmunds holds up Gronk at the line and Tre De gets a free shot....that would constitute a small win for me on this one. 

A larger win would be to  ***** them up for the rest of the season.   I know its not very sporting, but its the Patriots and the Bills suck this year.  The worthwhile thing would be to have the Pats leave New Era in no condition physically to compete for a title.  It also sends a message that even though the Bills are a doormat this year..that when we get good -- that good is going to come with an attitude.

Now back to being the nice, benevolent individual that I am.

Edited by JoeF

On 10/23/2018 at 11:11 AM, nucci said:

Why?

Why not?

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Slim and None and Slim just left town.

Perhaps a 1AM, 3AM, 5AM, and 7AM fire alarm at the Cheats hotel?

keep it going all day. It's a night game

• Like (+1) 1

One thing about the MNF games of recent years is that they have ALL been close. Close losses, but close nonetheless. MNF has lost some prestige but it is still the game that the players watch. There is something about a team that never plays on national TV playing a team that always plays on national TV, especially in a home game. We are dealing with a talent deficit, but the Bills have a lot of proud veteran players that have no intention of being embarassed. I'm not saying they will win, but I like the Bills +13 quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

One thing about the MNF games of recent years is that they have ALL been close. Close losses, but close nonetheless. MNF has lost some prestige but it is still the game that the players watch. There is something about a team that never plays on national TV playing a team that always plays on national TV, especially in a home game. We are dealing with a talent deficit, but the Bills have a lot of proud veteran players that have no intention of being embarassed. I'm not saying they will win, but I like the Bills +13 quite a bit.

Flip...this is going to be ugly.  Really, really, ugly. The Patriots won't give a rip about the pride-filled Bills veterans.