2019 Buffalo Bills Draft Selection: QB Eric Dungey - Syracuse University

7 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Let's just go out and get Ryan Nassib.

Former SU QB Ryan Nassib?  Too late for that.  It would have made sense when former SU football coach Doug Marrone became head coach of the Buffalo Bills.  Nassib and Marrone worked well together at Syracuse University.

But the Buffalo Bills owners, Terry and Kim Pegula, completely screwed that up.

The Bills would have been in the NFL playoffs long before last season.

10 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Syracuse Orange QB Eric Dungey will be a top QB prospect in the 2019 NFL draft.  And he's easily better than Josh Allen.

He's the perfect fit for the Buffalo Bills.  

moments.jpg

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Buffalo News Headline:  Buffalo Turns To Syracuse To Bail Out The Bills

Rochester D&C Headline:  Syracuse Asked To Save Buffalo Bills

Syracuse Post-Standard Headline:  Buffalo Hills Draft Eric Dungey.  Did The Bills Grow A Brain? 

Florida Times-Union Headline:  Doug Marrone Warns Eric Dungey:  You're Too Good For Buffalo

Josh Allen:  "Welcome to Buffalo, Eric."

Eric Dungey:  "Are you kidding?  I played college football just east of here at Syracuse.  I'm here to save the Buffalo Bills.  So, you just sit on the bench and watch and learn."

:)

I’ve watched dungey play since 2013

He is a great leader and running QB.

Watch Devito play. The passing game difference is night and day.

Dungey could be an UFA at best

this isn’t a knock on dungey, I absolutely love the kid

4 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Exactly.  QB  Eric Dungey will thrive for the Buffalo Bills.  Besides, what have the Buffalo Bills got to lose?  I'm just not seeing QB Josh Allen succeeding here.

I'm not seeing Eric Dungey succeeding here. I'm not big on Allen, but you're making one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen against him.

Dungey is bad.

1 hour ago, PearlHowardman said:

Former SU QB Ryan Nassib?  Too late for that.  It would have made sense when former SU football coach Doug Marrone became head coach of the Buffalo Bills.  Nassib and Marrone worked well together at Syracuse University.

But the Buffalo Bills owners, Terry and Kim Pegula, completely screwed that up.

The Bills would have been in the NFL playoffs long before last season.

No dummy, he's talking about the other Ryan Nassib. And Nassib was even passed on by "the former SU coach" Doug Marrone. He knew better.

SU sucks at football. It's a dead program.

11 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

He was benched Saturday in favor of Devito.

In all fairness, Tom Brady was once benched for Drew Henson in college.   Doesn't mean that I agree with the OP,  but you never know.

Kidding aside, until this year Dungey was better than any Syracuse QB since McNabb including Nassib.  He always reminded me of a poor man's Tim Tebow.   I think Dungey gets a shot somewhere as a late round pick or UDFA.  If not as a QB, then converted to another position.   He is a great athlete, but a little inconsistent at QB.

Edited by dgrochester55

15 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Syracuse Post-Standard Headline:  Buffalo Hills Draft Eric Dungey.  Did The Bills Grow A Brain? 

Florida Times-Union Headline:  Doug Marrone Warns Eric Dungey:  You're Too Good For Buffalo

Eric Dungey:  "Are you kidding?  I played college football just east of here at Syracuse.  I'm here to save the Buffalo Bills.  So, you just sit on the bench and watch and learn."

yep and we're turning him into a WR, championship !

12 hours ago, CNY315 said:

Put him at H-Back or something

Taysom Hill.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

Book It:  Come the 2019 NFL draft, Eric Dungey will be a top QB prospect.  And the Buffalo Bills will select him.  And Josh Allen will become the 2nd String QB for the Bills.

I'll book it: And book this:  Draft day next year it's going to snow two feet in Nashville!!!!!!!! Book it!!

Edited by Thurman#1

10 hours ago, dgrochester55 said:

...until this year Dungey was better than any Syracuse QB since McNabb including Nassib.  

There's still a lot of season to play.

I watch both SU and Buffalo Bills football.  Eric Dungey will easily fit with the Buffalo Bills.  And it looks more and more that Josh Allen isn't anything like a franchise QB.

The Buffalo Bills have nothing to lose by selecting QB Eric Dungey in the 2019 NFL draft.

:ph34r:

10 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

There's still a lot of season to play.

I watch both SU and Buffalo Bills football.  Eric Dungey will easily fit with the Buffalo Bills.  And it looks more and more that Josh Allen isn't anything like a franchise QB.

The Buffalo Bills have nothing to lose by selecting QB Eric Dungey in the 2019 NFL draft.

Do you mean the usual, get a QB for 1-3 years then toss them away, fit like we've done the past 18 years or so? 

22 hours ago, PearlHowardman said:

The Athletic: "Eric Dungey's cousin accused of 'fake news' with respect to unsubstantiated headlines concerning his future."

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Do you mean the usual, get a QB for 1-3 years then toss them away, fit like we've done the past 18 years or so? 

Josh Allen isn't the franchise QB people thought he would be.

Why not take SU Orange QB Eric Dungey in the 2019 NFL draft?  5th/6th round pick.  Josh Allen plays scared.  Eric Dungey plays fearless.  

1 hour ago, PearlHowardman said:

Josh Allen isn't the franchise QB people thought he would be.

Why not take SU Orange QB Eric Dungey in the 2019 NFL draft?  5th/6th round pick.  Josh Allen plays scared.  Eric Dungey plays fearless.  

LOL.  Dungey played his way to the bench and lost to Pitt this year.  Dungy has a barely passable FBS arm.

A If Allen is scared I don't see it.  Takes hits, dives in end zone and is hurdling ProBowl LBs.  And has a cannon arm.  Not ideal but he is playing more than they planned in YR 1.  This is what growing pains look like.

Edited by freddyjj

On 10/23/2018 at 12:33 PM, October 1918 said:

Just because they play for Syracuse or UB or some other WNY school doesn't mean they should be drafted by the Bills.

I disagree.  Bills should start paying attention and drafting some hugely productive local players.  Don't need to over reach, but if guys like Anthony Johnson and Khalil Hodge are sitting there where they are projected, then take em.  

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

I disagree.  Bills should start paying attention and drafting some hugely productive local players.  Don't need to over reach, but if guys like Anthony Johnson and Khalil Hodge are sitting there where they are projected, then take em.  

The Buffalo Bills hired SU Orange head coach Doug Marrone and things started looking good for the Bills.  Then the Pegulas f'd things up.  Marrone was looking to bring in his SU Orange QB Ryan Nassib to Buffalo, too.  

The Syracuse University marching band plays during Bills games at 1/2 time.

The Buffalo Bills need to pay closer attention to SU Orange football, not just the SU marching band.