Yes this is a stressful season but maybe we should just chill.

3 hours ago, ThunderGun said:

They didn’t need to spend 3 draft picks on Allen- They could have kept Tyrod, made a better offer than New York, signed Bridgewater and had a true QB competition.  

While using those draft picks to fill the holes created by losing Wood and Incognito.  

They still would have had two 1s, two 2s, and a 3rd if they kept Tyrod.  They could have still got Edmunds with the original 1st, drafted Jackson at 22 if they wanted a project QB, filled OL holes in the 2nd, and still got Phillips in the 3rd...

These are all common sense, non-Madden approaches that could have been taken and kept this team developing while still competing... Instead we are stuck watching a 17 week train wreck.

This is called hindsight. This team needed to get a QB high in this year's draft, and it did just that. Just because you've concluded he's a bust after 5 games doesn't mean anything.

6 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

Since they haven’t put together the team that they want, and had to clean up the crap the previous regime left us, it’s impossible to judge them yet. 

Your posts mostly suck, when do we get to fire you?

Oh... You got him

5 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Allen has played in five games.  It may take a little more time to let him develop.  I would wait at least a full season before you declare Allen a bust.

It took Joe Flacco 3 years plus!  Some have it some don't but some take much longer then what we have seen lately and a top 10 qb is what your hoping for! 

1 hour ago, NFLBighits said:

It took Joe Flacco 3 years plus!  Some have it some don't but some take much longer then what we have seen lately and a top 10 qb is what your hoping for! 

It's sad to see how some put unrealistic expectations on young players. Some positions like quarterback offense of line, and linebacker take time to develop.  Some people were ready to call Edmunds a bust after his first or second game and he's only 20.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ough, here it is. 

The daily "relax" thread. 

Trust the 97 year plan that McDermott and Beane are masterminding. 

Eventually, just you wait, the Bills will be dominating the league....

Better than the 20 daily cry & complain and fire everyone threads. God forbid a coach and gm get a couple years to actually build the roster they envision

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

This looks more like a PRE-building year. I don’t see a whole ton building of ANYTHING going on right now. Do you?

We drafted our possible franchise qb and have a lot of good defensive pieces already in place. 10 draft picks, one probably being top 5. Around 80 million in cap space. 

add some wrs, oline and a legit vet qb

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NFLBighits said:

Watch how the top half of QBs play each week, the blueprint is the same

rookies can pick it up as well

This is what has been bothering me with the fan meltdown all season. We all knew it was going to be a rough season. Whether you blame the cap situation on McBeane, Whaley or whatever you feel like yelling at, we knew we were a longshot to be competitive with the roster we had and the vast amount of dead cap. We were all well aware that next year would bring a big influx in talent, and that we were likely in for a year of suffering first. Then we start losing games exactly as expected, and everyone freaks out wondering how it could possibly happen. I know it sucks, but let's see what they can do with the opportunities next season. 

For the "fire everyone and their parents" crowd, something tells me if they don't start showing success with ~100M in cap space and a bunch of picks, you will get your wish. If not, well, you can quit your whining and enjoy the show. Win win for y'all. 

6 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Oh... You got him

I didn’t get him, I pointed out the fact that his hot takes suck & he has 0 understanding of the situation we were & are in. There is a difference between not liking the situation we are in but understanding it and just mindlessly complaining like a 5 year old.

Any fan with half a brain could see what we have done over the past 5 years , 20 for that matter wasn’t working. You would also realize the players we had when our new coach & Gm started weren’t good enough for the ultimate goal of winning a SB. But hey if you and BMFJ want to live perpetually at 7-8, 9-7, an the occasional 10-5 maybe get to the playoffs and lose in the first or second round then I guess B word away and have fun. But if you look at what they are trying to do then you begin to understand what is going on this year. There were two ways to address the problem. Completely stripping the cap space of players that weren’t going to be part of the process at once to get a clean slate for next year. Or you could have tried to evolve with what you had and add prices. Obvious to most what path they chose. Have they implemented it perfectly IMO? No, but there’s no turning back at this point. The fruits of there effort should begin to show next year. If not, I imagine they will be on the hot seat then and rightfully so. If they chose the other path, this year would have been easier to take, we may have been 8-8 9-7  may or may not have made the playoffs but not have been any closer to the goal of a SB. 

Nobody knows if the plan will work out. But to complain and cry and make ignorant post after post just gets tiresome. Any two year old can cry to have them fired or tell everyone this is crap. How about an original take with some wisdom for once?

5 hours ago, Fred Clause said:

I didn’t get him, I pointed out the fact that his hot takes suck & he has 0 understanding of the situation we were & are in. There is a difference between not liking the situation we are in but understanding it and just mindlessly complaining like a 5 year old.

Any fan with half a brain could see what we have done over the past 5 years , 20 for that matter wasn’t working. You would also realize the players we had when our new coach & Gm started weren’t good enough for the ultimate goal of winning a SB. But hey if you and BMFJ want to live perpetually at 7-8, 9-7, an the occasional 10-5 maybe get to the playoffs and lose in the first or second round then I guess B word away and have fun. But if you look at what they are trying to do then you begin to understand what is going on this year. There were two ways to address the problem. Completely stripping the cap space of players that weren’t going to be part of the process at once to get a clean slate for next year. Or you could have tried to evolve with what you had and add prices. Obvious to most what path they chose. Have they implemented it perfectly IMO? No, but there’s no turning back at this point. The fruits of there effort should begin to show next year. If not, I imagine they will be on the hot seat then and rightfully so. If they chose the other path, this year would have been easier to take, we may have been 8-8 9-7  may or may not have made the playoffs but not have been any closer to the goal of a SB. 

Nobody knows if the plan will work out. But to complain and cry and make ignorant post after post just gets tiresome. Any two year old can cry to have them fired or tell everyone this is crap. How about an original take with some wisdom for once?

Not sure you have read my posts.  I have not suggested anyone be fired.   I believe we should let this play out and give the current management a chance to work their plan.  I do like your passion. 

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

No sure you have read my posts.  I have not suggested anyone be fired.   I believe we should let this play out and give the current management a chance to work their plan.  I do like your passion. 

I’m sorry, a mistook and were thinking you were a different poster, my bad. I do stand by what I had to say about BMFJ...

When you have about 1/3 of your total salary cap in dudes who dont play for you anymore then it will be a long season. In order for the Bills to be competitive week in and week out they would need everyone to outplay their contracts- the issue i have with the way the bills cut everyone is that we will have restart next year with a lot of new players and the NFL does best with continuity.

9 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Allen has played in five games.  It may take a little more time to let him develop.  I would wait at least a full season before you declare Allen a bust.

it's been 20 years now since even a franchise QB was in town.

i don't mind waiting another 20, there are good memories in the vault

it would be nice to get going in another 2 or 3 years though

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Its like ppl think you actually play well in a rebiulding year

Its quotes like, We live in Buffalo. We have to run the Ball well That really build my confidence in this dinosaur coaching staff.

That and building the defense first never works. In 2-3 years when you finally have a competent offense all your defensive contracts are up and you have to start paying the defense. 

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's been 20 years now since even a franchise QB was in town.

i don't mind waiting another 20, there are good memories in the vault

it would be nice to get going in another 2 or 3 years though

I agree.   Our patience has been pushed to its limits and beyond.

10 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Its quotes like, We live in Buffalo. We have to run the Ball well That really build my confidence in this dinosaur coaching staff.

That and building the defense first never works. In 2-3 years when you finally have a competent offense all your defensive contracts are up and you have to start paying the defense. 

run the ball

and the #3 D, before last week

if only it were 1975 again... 

9 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I agree.   Our patience has been pushed to its limits and beyond.

ach, my problems won't be solved with the Bills, I try not to make them worse, back and forth with good fans like you make it a little bit better

but geez!!! get us a QB, it's not that hard...

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

run the ball

and the #3 D, before last week

if only it were 1975 again... 

ach, my problems won't be solved with the Bills, I try not to make them worse, back and forth with good fans like you make it a little bit better

but geez!!! get us a QB, it's not that hard...

Amen to that!

11 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Amen to that!

over/under on minutes Monday before I pack it in...

halfway through the 2nd quarter would be nice to feel it's still a game.

Edited by row_33

14 minutes ago, row_33 said:

over/under on minutes Monday before I pack it in...

halfway through the 2nd quarter would be nice to feel it's still a game.

After Sunday's game,  I am not optimistic.  But, this team has surprised us this year.  But it is near impossible to catch the pats on an off night.   They are always prepared. 

10 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

After Sunday's game,  I am not optimistic.  But, this team has surprised us this year.  But it is near impossible to catch the pats on an off night.   They are always prepared. 

any other scenario i would have hope

i honestly can't summon up any for this game.

that's saying a lot after all the road apple perfomances I've attended or sat through to the bitter end over 45 years with this team

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

yeah, they have surprised alright at how pathetically awful they and their coach are. 

The Colts game was the first I've intentionally missed in nearly 40 years.  I was at my son's baseball game and was going to go to the Bills Backers Bar afterward.  I was monitoring the game on my phone.  Our baseball game ended at halftime, as did the Bills season.  Instead of going to watch the rest of the game, I ignored it and enjoyed the rest of the day.  The final score actually made me chuckle.  I don't know how they got a safety, but the fact that they got one in a game that featured no defense is a miracle.

Is it possible that McDermott and this hapless group of wandering idiots on offense have cured me of Buffalo Bills disease?  

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

any other scenario i would have hope

i honestly can't summon up any for this game.

that's saying a lot after all the road apple perfomances I've attended or sat through to the bitter end over 45 years with this team

You have paid your dues. 

9 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

The Vikings upset is what keeps me going.  That may not last much longer though. 

that was the VIkes, I haven't been impressed since 1998 or so, and was Favre before or after that.

this is the Pats, who are ticked off at 2 losses already

i won't be putting $100 on the Bills to win the game,

10 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

You have paid your dues. 

part of the fun of cheering for a blue collar team

14 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

The Vikings upset is what keeps me going.  That may not last much longer though. 

I hear ya, but the Vikes/Bills was a classic trap game for them. Bills got crushed bad by Ravens and Chargers, starting a rookie, Vikes considered a SB contender, just had a disappointing tie to rival Pack, upcoming Thur vs undefeated and fellow SB contender Rams, so yeah that was a fluke of a win to me.

11 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I hear ya, but the Vikes/Bills was a classic trap game for them. Bills got crushed bad by Ravens and Chargers, starting a rookie, Vikes considered a SB contender, just had a disappointing tie to rival Pack, upcoming Thur vs undefeated and fellow SB contender Rams, so yeah that was a fluke of a win to me.

if you get to a team early they might give up

Vikes stumbled to being down 17-0 early, that was all she wrote

Colts made darn sure they didn't do that on the Bills, took a few early 3 and outs and then the steamroll was put into gear

19 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It's not necessarily the losses that are disturbing as it is the one-sided drubbings where the defense was out schemed such as by the Colts, Ravens, and Chargers.  That wasn't supposed to happen and indicates that the defensive coaching staff is unprepared.  Allen is a rookie and the offense is devoid of talent, so while frustrating, isn't too surprising.  I was just hoping that the losses would be a little more competitive, aside from the Texan game where we were Petermaned.

Well put!   With all the moves I've expected some regression but this is ridiculous.  I'm still trusting the process but I'm also questioning it alot more!

9 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Or they have inexperienced LBs that got eaten up by experienced qbs that know how to take advantage of raw LBs...

Well, yeah, there's some of that.  Edmunds is a 20 year old rookie MLB who is still learning and does get beat by experienced QBs as well as being out of position in some situations.  But he'll be fine, I'm not too worried about Edmunds as he does appear to be getting better with each game.

20 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

We knew going into this season that this year was going to be a difficult year.  There were many weak positions on the team that did not get addressed, (ie backup qb, offensive line, wide receivers, etc.)  It is painful to watch the team that was a playoff team last year have at the very least an uneven performance level from week to week.  It is even more painful to witness the ineptitude of this team during the all too frequent ugly one sided drubbings.

At this point, our expectations are low for the balance of the season.  But prior to the start of the season, many on this board were saying that if we won 4-5 games, and Allen showed improvement, it would be considered a successful season.  The expectation was that we would retool next year and start to be more competitive and move forward.  

Nothing that has happened today conflicts with that logical view we had the beginning of the season.  I am as stressed as the majority of the Bills fans about what we have witnessed through 7 games this season.  But I am going to take a more relaxed view and just have faith that the process will work and hope for the best.

My feeling is that I will give McBeane through 2020 to prove they know what they are doing.  After that, if the team is still a mess, then I believe we should move on and start over with a new management team.  thoughts...

Pretty much agree. We can not like the plan they have and there is no guarantee it will work but there is no doubt in my mind they have one and are executing it pretty much to perfection.

Whether it works or not will be a different story but they know exactly what they are doing which is why they kept trying to temper excitement here for this season.

Once you accept what this year is going to be, it's not so bad. 

Yea, it sucks to make the Playoffs last year, feel that excitement, and then deal with this, but it's still in line with what Beane's vision was with rebuilding this team. 

I'm just hoping we can sneak into the Top 3 of the Draft and get Ed Oliver.  Pair him up with Star, and we will be nuking the interior of opponents OL's next year.  Then spend the rest of the Draft and FA on Offense and resigning our own guys.

If Allen can be, at the very least, a game manager in Year 2, this team should be a Playoff squad in 2019.

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

Work for the jags

Edited by John from Riverside

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The jags did in fact make the playoffs and advance last year

waaay to many short sighted folks on this board nowadays

The Bills also made the playoffs last year.

What does that have to do with anything?

Both teams are a disaster and the Jags are on the verge of crumbling. 

Hows that "Stout" Jags Defense holding up this year with that build the run game and defense strategy?

5 hours ago, PeterDude said:

Some Bills fans give the franchise a pass no matter what they screw up.  I'll never understand this.  Maybe there are a lot of beta males in this fan base.

I'm sure that Beane and Mcdermott have a vision for the team long term.

It's hard to to get thrilled about it when we're scoring 11 PPG. 

If the "process" requires bottoming out, it's quite risky. Think of all the variables that happen in the league with injuries, holdouts, coaching staff turnover, etc. When you are a bottom feeder, all of those variables are magnified. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

21 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

This looks more like a PRE-building year. I don’t see a whole ton building of ANYTHING going on right now. Do you?

They're fixing the D which rex amd his idiot brother ruined and getting JA experience while also evaluating who is a maybe and who is gone next year so as to make better decisions in the off season .  next year will be a young, new offense making its mistakes and learning and then, hopefully, 2020 will see our young new team proudly  take its first big boy steps.

Edited by sleeby