The people marching to the boarder ???

mead107

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's probably enough to initiate a human trafficking investigation.

It's enough to initiate several investigations...but those investigations may just as easily find that O'Keefe staged the whole thing.  

But again...it's not up to the authorities to prove the accused guilty.  It's up to the accused to prove their innocence.  So sayeth Senate Democrats.  So ***** 'em.

36 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Oh my...

I like O'Keefe, but these things never go anywhere. Even when they shut down ACORN, all they did was change their name and run around like they did before.

Plus, precisely who do you think will air this video beyond Fox? Does anyone actually think CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, etc. would actually give this the time? Of course not.

Avenatti and Swetnick? Yes. Dem campaigners breaking laws to help people infiltrate the country. Not a chance.

I'm sure we'll hear the videos were edited and inadmissible. Again.

Edited by LABillzFan

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Um... 

After a week + of denials too. 

https://www.projectveritasaction.com/2018/11/01/beto/

Beto is forked. 

So, this footage was recorded by a Beto insider? A plant? It would seem to me that this would have to come either from a trusted insider who had their recordings (there is obviously several conversations edited together on that video) hacked or stolen, or a spy. If it was the latter, then I would imagine that their cover is blown big time.

Or am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Meanwhile...this just in...

You leftists have lost your freaking minds.

Yes. When foreign border-jumping asylum seekers try bringing the wrath of the US Constitution onto our president, then they have indeed lost their motherf$#&ing minds.

30 minutes ago, Azalin said:

So, this footage was recorded by a Beto insider? A plant? It would seem to me that this would have to come either from a trusted insider who had their recordings (there is obviously several conversations edited together on that video) hacked or stolen, or a spy. If it was the latter, then I would imagine that their cover is blown big time.

Or am I missing something?

It's from a campaign volunteer who was working undercover for Project Veritas (which is O'Keefe's organization). This reporter (likely) had been embedded in the campaign for months. I say this because his organization said they were going to be putting their people inside campaigns to do investigative journalism, I don't know O'Keefe or anyone from their org so I'm not sure how they work in reality. 

He is the one that got McCaskill on tape recently that caused her campaign all sorts of issues: https://www.projectveritasaction.com/2018/10/15/mccaskill-1/

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's from a campaign volunteer who was working undercover for Project Veritas (which is O'Keefe's organization). This reporter (likely) had been embedded in the campaign for months. I say this because his organization said they were going to be putting their people inside campaigns to do investigative journalism, I don't know O'Keefe or anyone from their org so I'm not sure how they work in reality. 

He is the one that got McCaskill on tape recently that caused her campaign all sorts of issues: https://www.projectveritasaction.com/2018/10/15/mccaskill-1/

I should have guessed that Project Veritas was behind that video. I didn't realize that they were infiltrating campaign staffs. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

That is a load of *****.  That kid's already been carried most of the way.  It's the same as a whiny kid in the mall not wanting to walk anymore.

Take a whiny kid in a mall, put them in Mexico, take a picture, and then romanticize it for a cause.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

That is a load of *****.  That kid's already been carried most of the way.  It's the same as a whiny kid in the mall not wanting to walk anymore.

Take a whiny kid in a mall, put them in Mexico, take a picture, and then romanticize it for a cause.

Just beat me to it. Maybe she's having a fit in a Kroger parking lot because her Mommy wouldn't buy her some Skittles. After all, the Washington Post was involved.

14 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Meanwhile...this just in...

You leftists have lost your freaking minds.

Huh... so I guess they must have happened to pass a FedEx center while 'on foot' so they could mail the lawsuit.  That was fortunate.

11 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Huh... so I guess they must have happened to pass a FedEx center while 'on foot' so they could mail the lawsuit.  That was fortunate.

In between bandaging their feet and starting to march at 3 a.m. to avoid the late-day heat, they found a phone booth and called 800-888-8888.

55 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's like reading a post by peace or Tibs.

Holy crap, you ain't lying.

I find it interesting that all but one of the Plaintiff's attorneys aren't admitted to practice in that court (an application to practice pro hac vice [for this occasion/matter only] means that they're going to seek court permission to act as attorneys in a jurisdiction that they are not licensed to practice in.) Makes me wonder if they're admitted to practice before any federal court based on that nonsense.

Apparently they never heard of the legal doctrine of 'ripeness'.

24 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I hadn't until now.  But this lawsuit is a case study in that doctrine.  How the hell do you sue for someone "being detained for years before being deported without a hearing" when they're not even in the country yet, much less detention????

I mean...laughing this straight out of court, should be a no-brainer, right?  Petitioning for relief from something that hasn't happened?

(And it's STILL not as dumb as putting lithium in the drinking water.)

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

In between bandaging their feet and starting to march at 3 a.m. to avoid the late-day heat, they found a phone booth and called 800-888-8888.

It's 1-888-888-8888

Fyi

But I miss the hell out of 854 2020

12 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I hadn't until now.  But this lawsuit is a case study in that doctrine.  How the hell do you sue for someone "being detained for years before being deported without a hearing" when they're not even in the country yet, much less detention????

I mean...laughing this straight out of court, should be a no-brainer, right?  Petitioning for relief from something that hasn't happened?

(And it's STILL not as dumb as putting lithium in the drinking water.)

I would be surprised if this wasn't disposed of with a very quick motion to dismiss.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

How good was that ad campaign that we still remember that number?

It's incredible. There are no commercials on the bills games I remember currently.  And I still single 854 2020 when they say 8888888888888888

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Holy crap, you ain't lying.

I find it interesting that all but one of the Plaintiff's attorneys aren't admitted to practice in that court (an application to practice pro hac vice [for this occasion/matter only] means that they're going to seek court permission to act as attorneys in a jurisdiction that they are not licensed to practice in.) Makes me wonder if they're admitted to practice before any federal court based on that nonsense.

Not ripe.

No standing.

Misrepresents the very law it cites.

32 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I would be surprised if this wasn't disposed of with a very quick motion to dismiss.

I'm surprised they filed it in D.C. and not some 9th Circuit District Court.

Edited by snafu

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Dq3V7qQXgAAEMGC.jpg

Perhaps her 'parents' are to blame ?

They were offered asylum in Mexico.

Had to know they would be rolling out the child actors at some point. Does anyone buy this shite? Laughable how predictable this all is.

About 1,000 U.S. Marines were activated on Friday to assist in border operations ahead of a migrant caravan making its way towards the southwest border of the United States, officials say.

“Marines will absolutely be a part of Operation FAITHFUL PATRIOT. We are currently working the numbers and units to identify those who have already deployed and those preparing to deploy,” said Air Force Capt. Lauren Hill, public affairs officer for U.S. Northern Command (Northcom).

/snip

The Marines would be part of the initial 7,000 who are deploying, are in the process of deploying, or who have deployed.

/snip

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

About 1,000 U.S. Marines were activated on Friday to assist in border operations ahead of a migrant caravan making its way towards the southwest border of the United States, officials say.

“Marines will absolutely be a part of Operation FAITHFUL PATRIOT. We are currently working the numbers and units to identify those who have already deployed and those preparing to deploy,” said Air Force Capt. Lauren Hill, public affairs officer for U.S. Northern Command (Northcom).

/snip

The Marines would be part of the initial 7,000 who are deploying, are in the process of deploying, or who have deployed.

/snip

What unit?  There's an interrogator-debriefer unit and a civil affairs group based at Pendleton.  

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think the article said where they were based.

Yes, but it didn't say which unit.  

There's a mix of combat and non-combat units there.  The two non-combat units (and a logistics group based there) would be extremely useful in the situation.   A LAV brigade, not so much...