Why Derek Anderson should start the rest of the season...

Simon

If Anderson is running the offense well, and we win a game or two, keep him out there and let Allen watch and absorb things.  If not, then Allen goes back in as soon as he's ready and learns by playing and by having Anderson advise him.

Six of one, half dozen of the other.

12 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Let's NEVER play him cause he might get hurt... Wtf this is football, anybody could get hurt on any play. Bad OL or Bernard Pollard rolling into Brady's knee, or Teddy Bridgewater literally just trying to drop back. 

He's a big boy and needs experience

I agree he should be playing and gaining experience, especially since it looks like our coaching staff has no other real development plan for him.

But it's ironic you are making this argument now, as he is dealing with a significant injury to his throwing elbow. Which is something we should all be concerned with since he is supposed to be the future of the franchise.

The "good news", I guess, is that this injury is going to force him to sit for the next few weeks and give him a chance to re-group.

I just hope they let him heal completely and don't rush him back, regardless of how much you and I want to see him playing and learning.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

Why Nathan Peterman should start the rest of the year... draft capital. B-)

a few teams are already a few weeks in their plan to sink to the bottom of the ocean before the Bills

2 wins now means 8th pick at best

22 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

If it's 2007 Derek Anderson, sure! I'll take it. 

If it's 2008-2018 Derek Anderson, of course not. He's been a nobody for a decade! We can gain nothing by playing him. 

Allen should start until the end of the 2019 season, no exceptions.

I'm hardly an Anderson fan, but he did perform pretty well in sub duty in 2014: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCaA.00/gamelog/2015/.

34 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's so crummy that Anderson is seen as a Messiah and Saviour right now...

send money...

I dont think "Better than Peterman" is equivalent to "Messiah". Not sure anyone expects him to even go .500, but at least he wont lob softballs to the other team (hopefully).

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont think "Better than Peterman" is equivalent to "Messiah". Not sure anyone expects him to even go .500, but at least he wont lob softballs to the other team (hopefully).

there is absolutely no reason to celebrate or find this good news if you want this team to come close to winning another game this season

(pending he can show he still has something in him)

he hasn't been a #1 QB since 2010

Edited by row_33

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Much like a car wreck you can’t look away from, in some twisted way, i wsh the Bills would keep rolling out Peterman, game after game. lol 

I think there would be a good chance I would end up with an extremely rare UCL injury after elbowing a wall too hard. 

I'll say this: if Anderson comes in and does reasonably well in not having a full knowledge of the Offense and not in "game shape" whatever that means for a QB (not disparaging, just don't know really), and the Bills pull off a win, I think Anderson should be considered to play every week. I know it's week to week, but that would be quite the feat to do in such a short window of time. 

Also, playing on Monday Night Football against the Pats won't be too big for him since he's a rugged Vet. Again, we'll see....but I'm at least open to the idea based on his performance in Indy. 

On 10/15/2018 at 10:45 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Dude, it's beyond that.

Cutting Fitz (Trading Tyrod) without having a replacement drafted, and being in need of a vet QB to play for one more year while the project QB sits.

Signing Kolb (McCarron) who then doesnt make it for whatever reasons

Not having the proper staff to develop a project QB

Throwing EJ (Allen) in immediately

Injured Knee (Elbow) in Week 5 (6) knocks him out.

Derails what little development was occurring.

Wash.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Fitz was still worse because we accelerated dead money. Tyrod at least we got a pick and saved cash.

• Like (+1) 1

I think having Allen sitting on the sideline and getting a chance to just watch the game and analyze with coaches and Anderson after the plays may help slow the game down for him a bit. But once he is healthy they definitely need to put him back as the starter. 

Let him get the reps for the rest of the year. 

I think it depends on how the offense looks with Anderson at the helm. If the offense is productive then Anderson stays....especially if he looks good and pulls off a win over the Pats.  I think at that point the team looks for wins and not development. If the offense is struggling then Allen plays when he is healthy even if the Bills win a game. It is tough for Allen because he has face a lot of good defenses and now moving forward the Bills face some lower ranked defenses. 

On 10/16/2018 at 8:49 PM, JoeF said:

If I give you a dollar will you buy an IQ...

Nahhh, Don't need it. I'm certain mine is already higher than yours. Which may not be saying much...

LOL. I post a video, and you insult me. Thanks. LOL

You kids amuse me.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Obviously we are back to the same question and everyone has basically stayed with their original beliefs. I am with the OP and have been since opening day. Allen needs to sit (or stand) and learn while DA does his best to execute the game plan. 

Now that we have seen Allen get injured which is inevitable and more likely playing with lesser pieces around him, it only confirms the rational belief that the process is going to shorten his career. 

Allen is a child in the NFL and most parents will tell you that there are life lessons to be learned but beatings and bullying are rarely effective. 

On 10/17/2018 at 12:48 PM, RevWarRifleman said:

Disagree. The only thing Allen will learn on the sidelines is how to hold a clipboard.

Like Mahomes?