Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:
and  Rs

This is one thing that irritates me about Ds and Rs strategy at the moment.  We've known since the last time we had a D prez that Russia was interfering or whatever with our election by running a disinformation campaign on FaceBook/Twitter/Instagram/Pintirest etc.  What exactly has congress done in the last 1 1/2 years to make sure this doesn't happen again next year?

Couple that with so many people getting all their news from social media, and It's gonna be pretty much the same this time.  

Edited by reddogblitz

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

This is one thing that irritates me about Ds and Rs strategy at the moment.  We've known since the last time we had a D prez that Russia was interfering or whatever with our election by running a disinformation campaign on FaceBook/Twitter/Instagram/Pintirest etc.  What exactly has congress done in the last 1 1/2 years to make sure this doesn't happen again next year?

Couple that with so many people getting all their news from social media, and It's gonna be pretty much the same this time.  

They don't care, because the "interference" was inconsequential, and only propped up to attack Trump's legitimacy.

It was nothing, all hype.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

notice how there are fixed (and a minimum) donation amount?

I used to work with a guy who would donate $1 to random Democrat candidates.   Small contributions can be a net loss when you factor in the cost to process the donation

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..pardon my ignorance, but isn't she the one alleged to have ridden "Willie's Wonka" to prominence?............

While I was not in the room and have never seen pictures :sick: ? there isn't much "alleging" to  her "career" start. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

notice how there are fixed (and a minimum) donation amount?

I used to work with a guy who would donate $1 to random Democrat candidates.   Small contributions can be a net loss when you factor in the cost to process the donation

If you go to the donation site, it has a minimum of $3.00, but there is a box to fill in a number. I didn't look closely enough to see if there was an actual minimum to the name-your-price selection.

27 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

First time I ever donated to a candidate.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

49 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

There's nothing you can do that can't be done
Nothing you can sing that can't be sung
Nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game
It's easy

It’s the redawning of the Age of Aquarius 

7 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

What will we all do if we don't have congress to save us from a Facebook page?