Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, ALF said:

So the voters who elected a Democrat majority House are going to vote for Trump in 2020 ?

Midterm elections can be fairly disconnected from what may happen in the next Presidential election year.  I would not hang my hat on a Dem being POTUS in 2020.  Honestly, I think that identity politics is going to tear the Democrats apart in 2020 in terms of voters.  Not enough of either ultra-left voters or traditional big labor voters to carry the weight on their own with not enough crossover vote either way.

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I never pegged you for a bumper sticker person.  More like the guy who tells people with bumper stickers that they're damaging the paint

You're correct...but for that bumper sticker, I'll make an exception.

44 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You mean a woman who lied about her heritage to gain benefits denied to others doesn't believe in fair play? 

Who could'a guessed?

I'm shocked. That usually does not happen in politics.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LABillzFan said:

Gotta love this new move by the left.

Make this happen, leftists! Middle America demands it! There's nothing Middle America wants more than to be ruled by the coastal elites! :lol:

He should also introduce a proposed amendment that only US citizens can vote, and they must verify both their identities and citizenship before voting.

24 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

He should also introduce a proposed amendment that only US citizens can vote, and they must verify both their identities and citizenship before voting.

...approx 2:45pm on Friday 1/4/2019.

In true Dennis Miller fashion, Dennis Miller tells us why Rashida Tlaib is going to have to be the presidential nominee for Democrats in 2020.

If the Democrat's are really serious about putting a truly representative member of their Party forward in 2020, they must choose Rashida Tlaib. To not do so will be sexist, Islamaphobic and not loyal to their core message.

:w00t:
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/5/2019 at 10:35 AM, B-Man said:

.IMG_1134.jpg?resize=580%2C464&ssl=1

So the chugging a beer thing and just happening to be out for a walk and stumbling across a press conference thing reek of desperation.  But what really concerns me was when she introduced her dog at the totally spontaneous walk / press conference, Warren mentioned the dog was only 8 months old

Please tell me she didn't buy a dog for a campaign prop :wallbash:  You know you have to feed it, clean it, walk it, pet it, and love it?  A dog is a life form, not a f*king inanimate campaign prop

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

So the chugging a beer thing and just happening to be out for a walk and stumbling across a press conference thing reek of desperation.  But what really concerns me was when she introduced her dog at the totally spontaneous walk / press conference, Warren mentioned the dog was only 8 months old

Please tell me she didn't buy a dog for a campaign prop :wallbash:  You know you have to feed it, clean it, walk it, pet it, and love it?  A dog is a life form, not a f*king inanimate campaign prop

Wouldn't it be more of an animate campaign prop?

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

She needs somebody to do her speaking voice as when I heard a radio report of her speaking this morning she sounded like a creaky 80 year old woman on life support.  Maybe she could lip synch to some 30 year old actress doing her "voice."

35 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

She needs somebody to do her speaking voice as when I heard a radio report of her speaking this morning she sounded like a creaky 80 year old woman on life support.  Maybe she could lip synch to some 30 year old actress doing her "voice."

Maybe she can go after the geriatric crowd: